Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Half Way Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have reached the halfway point of the season and the table is as follows. Whats the thoughts of the teams now that everyone has had a look at each other and what do we expect for the final half of the campaign. Some games haven't been reported yet so there will be an adjustment of stats.

Port Moody Blues 21 Points
WestCoast Celtic 20 Points
Surrey Coyotes 19 Points
Langley Dynamo 17 Points
Stolo Utd 15 Points (game in hand vs knights)
Abby Utd 10 Points
WestCoast Knights 9 Points (game in hand vs Stolo)
CFC Highlanders 8 Points
Aldergrove Utd 3 Points
Temple 3 Points

Port Moody Blues - Young and fast, move the ball very well and are definitely a hand full to play against. Definitely some of them show there age with their mouths but regardless are deserving of their top spot and should be a shoe in for promotion.

Westcoast Celtic - I think were as surprised as anyone that were 1 point out of first after being promoted last year, but we bust our ass every game, and a lot of the time out work our opponents and our defense is very sound and our mids and strikers are really starting to click. hope we can continue our good form into the second half of the season.

Coyotes - Not as young as the Blues, but they play some very nice footy and have tons of skill, definitely some of the best soccer ive seen out of a div 2 team. Numbers and ego seem to be an issue with this group, when they have their full squad and everyones getting along they are a force to be reckoned with, but if they get on each other you can steal the points. I still see Coyotes fighting for a promotion regardless.

Dynamo- Solid team with a good defense, good group of guys and work hard. Definitely a top 5 finish for these guys.

Stolo - First year I have ever played Stolo, in years before they have been hit and miss with players and cards, but when they have numbers they are a solid squad. Fast, move the ball well and have a solid defense. If they can keep their numbers they will finish in the top half.

Knights - Always depends which Knights show up, numbers are a huge factor and they have a diverse squad to say the least, a lot like the Celtic a core group of close friends and some other players thrown into the mix. Definitely the biggest squad in div 2 and the most physical. If their main guys are there they can compete with anyone.

Highlanders- I don't know much about them as they only had 12 guys when we played. Numbers seems huge for these guys and they seem to struggle getting people out. An adjustment year for them I believe, but definitely will get some points and stay out of relegation.

Abby Utd- I was away for this game so I have no idea. I assume they will be better next year when they figure out their premier situation as they were very strong last year.

Aldergrove - Hard working group, couple real solid guys, but will battle for relegation, I believe.

Temple- We beat them 3-0 first game of the year but they played a decent game, curious to see what Sunday night brings as they just beat coastal 3-0 last night. Im sure they have signed some premier players with the temple prem team folding and will only get better. I expect a few points to come their way in the next 9 games.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Blues

No matter how talented they may be they will have problems next season playing in Division 1. I heard that they do not have a coach so that will be a big problem when they face better opponents. Not sure if they are even associated with any club (last year they were a part of North Coquitlam; this year it says only Port Moody which means they are not with Port Mooddy Soccer Club).

It should not be a big surprise they have been doing well last couple of seasons because most of those guys are all former U-21 players with Metro Ford and Port Moody Soccer Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0