Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GSP vs Dan Hardy

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GSP vs Dan Hardy is commin up what do you guys think? I've been watching the UFC Primetime and Hardys a bigger guy than I thought and he's very quick and strong, plus he's quite the character, I do like anyone he gives his opponent a runner trophey during the weigh ins (hardy vs swick). I think he's gonna give GSP a bigger run for his money than people think. (still taking GSP for the win though) Also on the card we have Mir vs Carwin, Carwin is my favorite big man, just a beast, im hoping he crushes Mir and faces Lesnar in the summer. Any thoughts on next weeks tilts?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree...I think the GSP and Hardy fight will be alot closer than most people think.

If GSP can get him to the ground and hold him he should win comfortably. If he tries and stand with Hardy, it could end up being another Matt Serra like loss. Something tells me GSP is gonna try and stand with Hardy.....

Carwin/Mir is a very similar bout as well. It goes to the ground, Mir should win. If it stays standing, Carwin wins.

Mir has has been thinking that he is a boxer lately, and the only chance he would have in a rematch against Brock would be to knock him out. So I think Mir will try and stand with Carwin, but if he does, he will probably lose.

The Jones/Vera fight Sunday should be good as well. Bones Jones is only 22, good test from him. But no one can deny that he is a up and coming talent who has some very raw skill.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have that same feeling that GSP is gonna try and box it out and I don't like it. Mir I think is weary of Carwins punching ability and would be smart to get it to the ground, personally I don't think Mir has a chance with Brock anymore (even though its 1-1 in the series) , its gonna end up like Anderson Silva against Franklin, just a smoke show everytime. Mir will be a gate keeper but will always be a bridesmaid against Brock. Even as good as Valasquez is looking and im a big Valasquez fan, im not sure how well he could do against Brock. IMO Carwin may be the only one to be able to top the big man at this point and time.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Valasquez is a excellent fighter, and has some very good wrestling. But I don't think he has the size to compete with Lesnar. Lesnar is just too big, and that compensates for most of his skill shortcomings.

I agree with you, the only I guy I see beating Lesnar right now is Carwin. If he get's past Mir, that would be one awesome title fight.

Any word yet on the UFC in Vancouver? Last I heard it may be cancelled.

Mir is overrated I think, he is a good fighter, but like you said, is more of a gatekeeper.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya I was choked when Lesnar got sick (although I can understand he wasn't able to fight) and couldn't fight Carwin, that fight will one day happen and will be UNREAL! From what I have heard it should be June 12th but they have 2 possible dates incase something doesn't work. Like Game 7 of the Playoffs (even though we will win it in 6) :D The Card as of now according to mma weekly.com looks like this.

-Chuck Liddell (21-7) vs. Tito Ortiz (15-7-1)
-Carlos Condit (24-5; #10 Welterweight)* vs. Rory MacDonald (kelowna boy) (10-0)
-Tyson Griffin (14-2) vs. Evan Dunham (10-0)
-Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (26-7-2) vs. Pat Barry (5-1)
-Ben Rothwell (30-7) vs. Gilbert Yvel (36-14-1)
-Martin Kampmann (16-3) vs. Paulo Thiago (13-1)
-Mac Danzig (19-7-1) vs. Matt Wiman (11-5)
-Claude Patrick (11-1) vs. TBA

Rumor also has it that Liddell and Ortiz will be postponed and Liddle will be fighting Rich Franklin in Vancouver. There has also been speculation of Wanderlei Silva fighting Akuyami (I think that's his name) in Vancouver aswell. Not the greatest card in Vancouver I think it could be better for the first one here, even though this isn't in stone and is subject to change it would be nice to see atleast a title fight or some bigger names on the card. Regardless being the first one here, it will sell out in no time.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Vancouver fight will likely (99.9% sure) also feature Lesnar vs the winner of the Mir v Carwin fight.

Ortiz v Liddell is huge cache, they both might be washed up, but both will go into the UFC Hall of Fame after that fight.

Couture vs Franklin will be epic,
Wanderlai vs Okiyama will be a great fight
Kampmann always has entertaining fights,
Crocop never disappoints, he's always getting KO'ed or doing the KOing... huge turnout from the croat community for this one!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Vancouver fight will likely (99.9% sure) also feature Lesnar vs the winner of the Mir v Carwin fight.

Ortiz v Liddell is huge cache, they both might be washed up, but both will go into the UFC Hall of Fame after that fight.

Couture vs Franklin will be epic,
Wanderlai vs Okiyama will be a great fight
Kampmann always has entertaining fights,
Crocop never disappoints, he's always getting KO'ed or doing the KOing... huge turnout from the croat community for this one!

If in fact this is the card, ill be using my pre sale code for sure. Lesnar who I saw fight Couture in vegasm would be awesome to see again, like him or hate him, its gonna be a show when he's in the ring, but according to mma weekly he's supposed to fight July 3rd at the MGM Grand Garden Area. Would love to see all those guys in Van though, would make for a crazy card.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I remember reading not only his tweet on the subject, but a blog entry on sherdog that made that claim, i'll have to do some old article digging to come up with it later once I'm home from the office.

I also had that Lesnar vs Carwin/Mir told to me by a guy I met in Vegas last week that supposedly works with American Top team's Gym in Vegas...

One thing is for sure, Dana and the Fertitas and Silva wouldn't have fought so hard to overcome the City only to have the card feature two fights including 3 guys well past their prime... There is bound to be a title fight on the card.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One thing is for sure, Dana and the Fertitas and Silva wouldn't have fought so hard to overcome the City only to have the card feature two fights including 3 guys well past their prime... There is bound to be a title fight on the card.

If there is a title fight added to the card then my opinion about the card would change immediately.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the latest from Sherdog on the card in Vancouver...

Liddell-Franklin Slated; White Issues Denial

and the card, which is going to have to be added to imho..
UFC 115 Liddell vs. Franklin Results, Fight Card, News, Videos, Pictures, and more

UFC 115 FIGHT CARD
Matchups:
Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
Patrick Barry vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
Tyson Griffin vs. Evan Dunham
Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
Paulo Thiago (No. 5 WW) vs. Martin Kampmann (No. 10 WW)
Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
James Wilks vs. Peter Sobotta
Mike Pyle vs. Jesse Lennox

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For next Saturday (and I'll try to get some odds and get a V-Bookie for it) I'm taking the bolded names..
Matchups:
UFC Welterweight Championship
Georges St. Pierre (No. 1 WW, No. 2 PFP) vs. Dan Hardy (No. 4 WW)

Interim UFC Heavyweight Championship
Frank Mir (No. 3 HW) vs. Shane Carwin (No. 9 HW)

Jon Fitch (No. 2 WW, No.7 PFP) vs. Thiago Alves (No. 3 WW, No. 9 PFP)
Jake Ellenberger vs. Ben Saunders
Jim Miller vs. Mark Bocek
Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Brown
Nate Diaz vs. Rory Markham
Rodney Wallace vs. Jared Hamman- ?
Rousimar Palhares vs. Tomasz Drwal- ?
Kurt Pellegrino vs. Fabricio Camoes
Matt Riddle vs. Greg Soto

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If there is a title fight added to the card then my opinion about the card would change immediately.

White looking into signing for one night only Matt "the blindside hit" Cooke to take BJ Penn for the title.:rolleyes:

Sanchez Deigo vs Florian Kenny needs to be added to this card winner gets a crack at Penn.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
check out these cards

UFC 112: APRIL 10, 2010
venue: TBA in Abu Dhabi

-Anderson Silva (25-4; #1 Middleweight) vs. Demian Maia (12-1; #7 Middleweight)
-B.J. Penn (15-5-1; #1 Lightweight) vs. Frankie Edgar (11-1; #9 Lightweight)
-Matt Hughes (43-7; #5 Welterweight) vs. Renzo Gracie (13-6-1)
-Matt Veach (11-1) vs. Paul Kelly (9-2)
-Mostapha Al-Turk (6-5) vs. Jon Madsen (3-0)
-Mark Munoz (7-1) vs. Kendall Grove (11-6)
-Terry Etim (14-2) vs. Rafael Dos Anjos (13-4)
-DaMarques Johnson (10-7) vs. Brad Blackburn (15-10-1)
-Phil Davis (5-0) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (9-0)
*Based on MMAWeekly.com World MMA Rankings

First time in Abu Dhabi and you got two title fights. And some very notable names.

UFC 113: MAY 8, 2010
venue: Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Main Bouts (On Pay-Per-View):
-Lyoto Machida (16-0; #1 Light Heavyweight) vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (18-4; #3 Light Heavyweight)
-Josh Koscheck (14-4; #4 Welterweight) vs. Paul Daley (23-8-2; #5 Welterweight)
-Jeremy Stephens (16-5) vs. Sam Stout (15-5-1)
-Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (4-1) vs. Matt Mitrione (1-0)
-Alan Belcher (15-6) vs. Patrick Cote (13-5)

Any fight card has the makings of great fights, doesn't matter what companys show it is, lyoto and shogun 2 should be a cracker and who doesn't wanna watch kimbo fight in all honesty. This card is alright IMO but doesn't stack up to the others. Atleast they get a title fight

UFC 114: MAY 29, 2010
venue: Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas

Main Bouts (On Pay-Per-View):
-Rashad Evans (14-1-1; #2 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (30-7; #4 Light Heavyweight)*
-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (18-3; #7 Light Heavyweight)* vs. Forrest Griffin (17-6; #8 Light Heavyweight)*
-Michael Bisping (18-3) vs. Dan Miller (11-3)
-Diego Sanchez (21-3) vs. John Hathaway (12-0)
-Dong Hyun Kim (12-0-1) vs. Amir Sadollah

This card Is awesome, can't wait to see Rampage and Rashad.

The best part about early cards is the possibility of some of those fighters appearing in Vancouver.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0