Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good-bye Stanley.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Press Releases

President & CEO Stanley McCammon Announces Resignation From Orca Bay Sports & Entertainment
Wed. Aug 31, 2005

Vancouver, B.C. – Orca Bay Sports & Entertainment, owner of the Vancouver Canucks hockey club and General Motors Place, announced today that its President & Chief Executive Officer, Stanley McCammon, is leaving the organization to pursue other business interests.

A native of Seattle, McCammon has served as Orca Bay President & CEO since 1999, and has played a role in the organization since John McCaw became majority owner of the NHL Vancouver Canucks and NBA Vancouver Grizzlies in 1994.

Co-owners John McCaw and Francesco Aquilini thanked McCammon for his service to Orca Bay Sports & Entertainment, and confirmed that a search is underway to recruit a new President & CEO. Aquilini will oversee the business until such time as a successor is named.

“Our focus on the financial viability of the hockey club, as well as our commitment to the community, to sponsors, partners and fans, has been fundamental to getting us where are today,” McCaw said. “The organization is very healthy and the people we have running our business are extremely capable. Our priority now will be to recruit a leader who shares our values, and one with strong ties to the local community, to lead us into the future.”

McCammon is in Vancouver today to announce his resignation to Orca Bay staff and community partners.

“It seems there’s never a right time to leave a job that you’ve enjoyed and a group of people that has achieved as much as we have at Orca Bay Sports & Entertainment,” McCammon said. “But the organization has reached a point, with a new hockey season before us and a new collective agreement with our players in place, where it requires full-time executive leadership in Vancouver.

“Based on my family interests in Seattle and business opportunities that have recently become available to me there, I think the time is right for the owners of Orca Bay to find new, professional and local leadership for this company.”

McCammon’s resignation is not expected to have an impact on the organization or the Vancouver Canucks hockey club. Aquilini said the Vancouver Canucks are acknowledged as one of the NHL’s healthiest and most respected franchises, and attributed its success to business and cultural changes introduced in recent years.

“I think it’s a testament to Stan’s role and the caliber of people that have been put in place that we enter the 2005-06 NHL season in such a strong position – on the ice, in the stands and on the balance sheet,” Aquilini said. “We fully expect to have another successful season, and to continue to improve our business and on-ice performance in the future.”

In October 2005, McCammon will become President & Chief Operating Officer of the Joshua Green Corporation – a privately-held, Seattle-based investment company with interests in financial services, real estate and other sectors.
If he new he was going to quit, why'd he get Burke fired? Jerk.

Does this Aqualinni guy sort of scare anyone else out there?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob:

The answer to your question I think is simple - it was personal.

Those two personalities were so different and Brian Burke so much an opposite that this is NOT unexpected.

The new local owner Aquilinni is not the culprit here at all. I suspect that it was McCammon's decision to go and not pressure from here.

Would they lure or want to lure Dave Cobb from VANOC back to lead the Canucks?There was not a better liked guy by all including the media, staff and the public when he was with the Canucks.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not thinking that Aqualinni was the one who got him to leave. Not at all. That guy just seems very greasy. Shady. Very very shady.

He had a barn burn down here in Pitt Meadows last week. Apparently there were illegal immigrant workers living in it.

Shady.

Cobb would be a good fit or perhaps Arthur could even get back into the fold here.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone is better than Macammon
He:
1. Put a whale on the front of our jersey.
2. Allowed Keenan in
3. Sent Quinn packing
4. Sent Burke Packing
5. Is a Know Nothing when it comes to hockey
6. American (see point 5)
Toodeloo Stan. Don't let the door hit you on the way out

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Th'Rob:

Aquilini comes from a family famous for notoriously dodgy real estate management practices. Anybody else remember the Zen & Aquilini stories from the mid-80's that seemed to run almost daily in the Sun? Swell folks, these.

Don't know if Arthur would want to get back into the fold with these guys around...

Personally I blame it all on Don Cherry...:D

beerZ,

stew:cool:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0