Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Golf's 4 Major's Pool

Tell us your interst levels

• I'd go in at least one or more toureny's for $15.00

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm starting this thread to see if there would be enough interest in a PGA Majors pool. The first, the Masters, starts April 5th. I know there are tons of closet golf fan out there so please post here if you would be interested. Or at the least vote in the above poll.

Here it is...

$50.00 gets you entered into a pool on the PGA's 4 Majors The Masters on April 5th. The US Open June 14th-20th, The British July 12th-18th and finally the PGA August 9th-15th. All you have to do is before each tourney starts pick 5 golfers entered into that particular tournament (a list of names to be posted before hand) and come up with a tournament final score ( based on the eventual winners total 4 round score) to break any ties. Simple right?

How do you win? Well, there are 5 chances to win money in this pool. We total up everyone's 5 golfers monies won in the tourney and the highest money total wins that particular tourney pot. If one of your golfers misses the cut you'll get a big fat 0 for that player. This will happen for all 4 majors. Then everyone's money totals, win or lose gets recorded and added together for all 4 majors. The highest 4 tournament money total at the end wins the overall pot.

• pick 5 golfers every major. (they same players or different each time)
  • pick a final tournament score (to break any ties)
That's it. Based on numbers approximately $8.00 will go to the individual major and $16 to the over all and the left over to support the site, admin and advertising. Based on 15 poolsters $120.00* could be up for grabs on each tourney with a overall prize of $240.00.

*$50.00 too much? We will be accepting single tourney entries to the tune of $15.00ea. which gets added to that particular tournaments total pot.

Questions? Interested? Please feel free to post or at the very least have a vote. Your comments, suggestions and or votes will help determine if TTP starts this pool.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a given

I'm glad you replied ginger, I had the missus digging out the tent so I could set up on your front porch. A little more subtle than your tactics, but we can't all be a as whoreific as you.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why wouldn't I donate another $50 to a pot I never win. Maybe Golf will be my sport because apparently I am no good at picking hockey pools or NFL pools either.

ParkheadEventuallyhastowinsomethingonTTP

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parkhead,

It's not about winning, it's about having fun and such. And I'm not just saying that because I've won many TTP pools over the years :D

Cheers,

~RegswhoknowsnothingaboutgolfashisTTPgolftourneypartnerscanattest.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably?

A few?

:D

I suppose I rigged Shamrock's shitty picks every year in every pool as well? :D

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You must have. No one is that fcuking awful at making picks. No one.

I've been whoring this around TTP via PM and the response has been positive so far... well except for Dude who thinks once you put money down on a pool it's no longer fun. I couldn't make that up if I tried.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe the Smallsey will offer up a free round of golf on him at Pitt Meadows for the Grand Prize winner.
:D

Or just invite me out to play one day.
;)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe the Smallsey will offer up a free round of golf on him at Pitt Meadows for the Grand Prize winner.

something i would have considered. however, i have left the Pitt for greener pastures...Point Grey. i just happened to have an extra $45,000 kicking around for the initiation fee so i thought i might join since i'm out in kits now.:rolleyes:

Saint

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I've been whoring this around TTP via PM

I would have opted-in if a certain someone had taken the time to send me a personal message.

You can’t have my money and I’m taking back my eloquently penned birthday pleasantries.

You’ve so changed

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0