Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gold Copa

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad result

Unfortunate the final minutes but by the end of the game, Ecuador certainly had the run of the play.

I am not sure if the peno was that bad - sometimes that just happens in a game although I thought the player could have played it safer and avoided the call.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flop

Was it the same guy that was flopping all over the field the whole game that sold that call for the PK?

He was aweful. Guys like that should just be thrown off the pitch then we wouldn't have to watch that crap.

Although, if Canada wasn't such a fair team we would do that kind of stuff and probably win more games. Problem is Canada doesn't do that shite. They play fair and square. No diving.

Maybe we should?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the point of diving in your own box?

~TBtryingtosayCanadalackscreativeforwardplay.

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
?????

What a way for canada to go through to the next round. Getting our name pulled out of a box!!!!! Never seen that before, but whatever work's . :D :) :D

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again???

Hey last time it was a coin toss and they won, so who knows. But they must be favored to beat Martinique but you never know.

Thats the beauty of football.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was a cheap shot Regs!

Those are our boys down there in Florida and they are trying their hardest. It's not their fault that other country's players are better than them. They need all the support they can get. They don't need to be slagged by the likes of you. What the fcuk kind of name is Regnier anyways? It sounds foreign to me. You're lucky you live in a country that allows you to agree with me. My Grandfather didn't fight and die in several wars to keep China British just so you could express your own opinion. If you don't like the Canadian National Soccer team, you can just keep it to yourself. I don't want the impressionable children of Canada poisoned by your negativity. And another thing, blah, blah, blah.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky Dinky,

I do believe that you are TTP out of me. Jinky I demand that you stand up and sing the national anthem with that soprano voice of yours. Do it Jinky and repent for your anti-patriotic ways.

I am planning a Canada wide trip finishing in Nunavit. I will be bringing along a soccer ball to teach our eskimos how to juggle. I could use a partner to spread the cheer of Canada. You could dance and play the kazoo while I juggle the ball and dazzle the little eskimo children.

Come on Jinky, you know you want to.

:p

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This makes the coin toss seem more acceptable.

2002 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Canada has advanced as the 1st place team in Group D to face group C runner-up Martinique in the Gold Cup Quarterfinals. Two years ago it was a coin toss that propelled Canada into the Gold Cup Quarterfinals. This time they did it through the drawing of lots. Their 2-0 loss to Ecuador left Canada, Ecuador and Haiti tied on points, goals and goals against. Canada "won" the draw and Haiti was drew second place and Ecuador was eliminated. Despite the disappointing result on the scoreboard it has to be said that the draw righted three officiating errors against Canada. In the first game against Haiti Davide Xausa had a goal called back for offside that in no way possible should have been construed as offside. The have weathered the play acting and dirty play of the Ecuador team for 89 minutes Ecuador scored a goal that clearly was directed into the goal by the Ecuador player's arm. Then with mere seconds remaining the American referee fell for brutal play acting and gave a penalty to the South Americans when the Ecuador player attempted to tackle the Canadian player in possession of the ball. If just one of these errors had not been made Canada would have been 1st place in the group without the aid of a lottery. The Canada vs. Martinique Quarterfinal is Saturday January 26th, 2:30pm Pacific Time.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Politically Incorrect

They prefer to be called Inuit. :rolleyes:

I do beleive Aunt Jinky is back, and that was pissing all over me too.

Anyhow, does Canada not have hoseshoes up their arse in this tourney or what? We didn't deserve 1st place seding after giving up two in the last 5 minutes...but that's the luck of the draw. I didn't see the game (or penno), but I think I read that Stalteri took the guy down pretty hard. Was it deserving?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question answered

Balls beat me to the punch with the earlier post. Nice change on the flag.;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the PK was totally deserving, though I read on the BCsoccerweb earlier that it was a brutal call :rolleyes:

How do you know what the people who live way up north prefer to be called? I'll put $20 on you read it in some newspaper who's editor is non-Inuit... :rolleyes:

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being harsh. I haven't been the same since Jinky's stinging backlash towards my last name (which by the way, was not originally Regnier... Does Sault sound any less foreign?)

~TB.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
..and with a convincing 2-0 loss, Canada advances...

Pretty pathetic showing, actually, by both teams.

The side that Ecuador put on the field sure doesn't look like a World Cup qualifying team. That said, the Canadians definitely didn't look like world-beaters either.

I can just picture Holger in the dressing room looking down the row of players on his bench and saying "ok, boys - whatever you do, don't overcommit." Passes were made timidly, if at all; only a very small percentage seemed to connect. I don't remember any challenges for the ball in the Ecuadorian end of the field at all; I just saw 6 guys lined up across the midfield waiting for their back line to come forward with the ball. De Rosario seemed to be the only player with enough moxie to chase down a ball in the attacking end, and he only came in very late. No sense of adventure at all. What would it take to get Radzinski back over here from Everton?

The back line actually didn't look too bad, except for the let-down in extra time. They won the air balls, tackled hard, and didn't give up the ball in the middle. Lars Hirschfield played well, and can't be faulted on either of the goals that went past him.

The last 2 minutes of extra time showed a lack of mental conditioning by the Canadian team; sitting back and waiting for the other team to come at you is not a way to win games. Neither is being complacent about still being able to advance despite a 1 goal loss.

No wonder FIFA thinks so highly of us........:rolleyes:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: ..and with a convincing 2-0 loss, Canada advances...

Originally posted by stew
Lars Hirschfield played well, and can't be faulted on either of the goals that went past him.

He should have stopped the penalty it went right under him, if it was Buffon, Toldo, Seaman, Van der Sar they would have gotten ripped for letting it right under him.

I fault him on that on e should have been stopped!!!!

BTW Radzinski(sp) is hurt!!!!

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga and penos

You know as well as anybody that anything can happen in a peno. It is hard to fault the GK even if it does seem stoppable. Especially in a situation where your team has just collapsed and blown the tie in extra time.

Canada did, as pointed out by others, here sat back too much in the late stages of the game and that invited the disaster that they got. They either were guilty of panic or lack of preparation on how to handle the pressure when the edge in the game is clearly with the opposition.

We simply need to find a way to create more scoring opportunities and this comes from a good passing and ball control with some creative build up. We all know that. But, how can Canada with its guys all over the world develop a team like Europe where they are all real close to home. They can't.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
True b ut...

This guy is suppose to be a Internatioanl GK he should have stopped it.

We talk shite but he is there and all we do is play on this site!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lars did Very Well

The guy is getting some of his first international experience with the senior team, and you are ripping him because he guessed right but the ball got under him.

I saw him play a couple of times when he was with the caps in the summer, and I agree he is not in the same class as those other keepers you mentioned, but he has potential and if he can get over to Europe like Forest did, the sky's the limit.

Forest has done pretty good for himself, I think you would agree.

HOSlostinForest:confused:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0