Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL - UPL Weekly Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, well...he told me he was actually a hockey guy, and played a little as a kid, a little into his adulthood. That was when they were in Div. 1, and that kid (Asmir?) torched us for 3 goals in a 5-1 win. That was the day I decided Masters looked pretty inviting.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 1 Port Moody 1

Another good game last night for me and my flask out at Yorkson Turf.

Port Moody got off to a good start I felt but Langley gradually got into it over time and settled in.
They started coming more into the Gunners half and about 20/25 in took the lead.

I thought Langley played well thereafter for most of the game holding off PM quite well until with about 5/10 to go with Moody starting to show a last gasp effort and beginning to throw everything and the kitchen sink at Langley.

In stoppage time they got it with Martin Thompson calling the game a minute after.

I actually missed the tying goal as I thought it was over honestly.
That, and my flask needed to quickly step behind a tree on our way back to the the parking lot when it happened. :D
FFS...

Another clean game by both sides with me barely even noticing the officials on the night.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 1 Port Moody 1

Another good game last night for me and my flask out at Yorkson Turf.

Port Moody got off to a good start I felt but Langley gradually got into it over time and settled in.
They started coming more into the Gunners half and about 20/25 in took the lead.

I thought Langley played well thereafter for most of the game holding off PM quite well until with about 5/10 to go with Moody starting to show a last gasp effort and beginning to throw everything and the kitchen sink at Langley.

In stoppage time they got it with Martin Thompson calling the game a minute after.

I actually missed the tying goal as I thought it was over honestly.
That, and my flask needed to quickly step behind a tree on our way back to the the parking lot when it happened. :D
FFS...

Another clean game by both sides with me barely even noticing the officials on the night.

You need to invest in one of these

FTSQLPOI7D685GN.LARGE.jpg

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coastal FC 3
Surrey United 0

We went out to Cloverdale pretty thin and were able to come away with the 3 points. They had a clear cut early chance that they put over the bar. Not a whole lot after that. We got one in the 30th Min or so.
Another in the 70th and the 3rd in the 82nd.
Surrey really missing their star striker up top as he is at UBC. They will be much better once college season is done.
Our 17 year old HPL keeper with another shut out! Youth movement!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coastal FC 3
Surrey United 0

We went out to Cloverdale pretty thin and were able to come away with the 3 points. They had a clear cut early chance that they put over the bar. Not a whole lot after that. We got one in the 30th Min or so.
Another in the 70th and the 3rd in the 82nd.
Surrey really missing their star striker up top as he is at UBC. They will be much better once college season is done.
Our 17 year old HPL keeper with another shut out! Youth movement!
Watch out @Masry he’s coming for ya!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pomo 4 Coastal 0

Pomo are a well balanced, organized team. They came out flying and we were on on the back foot. Their number 10 in the middle, Talisuna, was very good and opened us up a few times himself.
The PK save near the end of the first half was big as that would have been 2-1 if we scored it, and got us back in the match.
We went at them the second half as they were happy to sit deep and defend, with two late goals coming on counters. They have some great goaltending there, and a lot of the pieces to do some damage this season.

Look forward to playing them again.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
masters Prem: temple vs ND - horrible missed PK call by the guy in the middle who had a horrible game. The league needs to do a better job of recruiting quality refs otherwise this Masters Division will fold. Why he was in the middle after his blunder a couple of years back and after he was found “guilty” of giving Temple fandom reds and adondoning the game is a true reflection of the leagues principles. I saw a guy from ND jump the bench and 2 hand shove a Temple Player and take the ball away from his hands during a throw in. Should have been a red + multiple game suspension, BUT he got a yellow. Way to attract top quality FVSL. No wonder why the cream flocks to the VMSL. I’m not a Temple guy, but as a impartial: disgusting show by the league/man.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lack of quality refs is an old problem in both leagues. I guess this is KW chat again....

Anyone have an update of the actually Premier Division this weekend?

Abby United

Jan 30, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lack of quality refs is an old problem in both leagues. I guess this is KW chat again....

Anyone have an update of the actually Premier Division this weekend?

Chilliwack tied Coastal 2 - 2 - Chilli had a great 2nd half
Langley thumped Temple
Burnaby beat SU 1 - 0
Abby 3 Pomo 2

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We know the reffing isn’t always the best. A lot of the long time valley refs are getting older and it still doesn’t feel like there are many young referees coming thru. However like the reffing the quality on the field isn’t any better. Sure the refs have been doing it a long time and aren’t perfect, we have been playing our whole life and still give the ball away left, right and centre.

Reffing has been something I’ve been considering doing a couple times a week after I stop playing premier. Tough way to give back to the game when most guys abuse you and just talk about how shitty you are in the locker room.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We know the reffing isn’t always the best. A lot of the long time valley refs are getting older and it still doesn’t feel like there are many young referees coming thru.

Looks like Duliba's name was on the schedule for SU v Burnaby

Wonder if he is planning to do both VMSL and FVSL this season or if he will be FVSL full time. I know he is always complaining about the travel and it is the same money...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We know the reffing isn’t always the best. A lot of the long time valley refs are getting older and it still doesn’t feel like there are many young referees coming thru. However like the reffing the quality on the field isn’t any better. Sure the refs have been doing it a long time and aren’t perfect, we have been playing our whole life and still give the ball away left, right and centre.

Reffing has been something I’ve been considering doing a couple times a week after I stop playing premier. Tough way to give back to the game when most guys abuse you and just talk about how shitty you are in the locker room.

You couldn't pay me enough. Well, you COULD, everything has it's price, but you get my drift. Trust me, having weekends free now from playing and coaching is awesome. I miss the game when I'm around it, but when I'm not, I'm enjoying so many other things.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've always said the FVSL needs to pay more. It's like any job, to a certain point, increasing compensation will increase quality- over time. The change would not be immediate, but as young refs decide to officiate men's footy, they'll look at both leagues, and after factoring it all in go to where they can keep the most $$$ in their pockets. Only the head refs, mind you. Lino's the same, and if you are a lino and want to be in the middle, you'll be in the FVSL looking for the good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0