Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL]The Pakenham Cup - Final 06'

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Times said:
But as most can attest, the games you are supposed to win on paper are often the toughest to prepare for and play"

No truer words have ever been spoken...

Bet away gents. I give PAU the slight odds on favorite, being defending champs an all, it's only fair.

Bet away.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pau really turned it on towards the end of the first half.
Unfortuneatley, the game started 30 minutes prior and now there are down 3-0 @ half.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Pau really turned it on towards the end of the first half.
Unfortuneatley, the game started 30 minutes prior and now there are down 3-0 @ half.

Is somebody going to post the final score for fukc sakes. I had to leave just after THE LION made it 3-1

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Allegedly 4-1 final. Drubbing. Congrats Mike, Jay, and the rest of the crew. Especially Chuck and Gus...long time waiting for that medal!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, no this is pretty fcuking lame. I'm thinking yesterday was a somewhat big game. The season is over, at least as far as FVSL competition goes...let fly with a bit of banter guys, or something. Maybe a game report?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up Front with Reed & Thomo - LIVE Tonight @ 5:30PM

Tune in to TTP on Monday April 3rd @ 5:30 PM for the fourth webcast here on TTP featuring an interview with Bob Lilley, current coach of the Vancouver Whitecaps.

The rest of the show will include another interview with Jason Jordan (or Jeff Clark - Reed & Thomo are sorting that out), a brief update of the local scene, and of course, your calls and emails (100% we will have the phones going!).

Remember we need your calls and feedback to make the show fly!!!

Cheers,

~Regs.

PS. Click the Up Front icon at the top of the page to access the show (and past archive).

UPFRONT with Reed & Thomo
Next Show:
5:30 PM Monday April 3rd 2006

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, your avatar is the same as Argyles, how embarrasing. You boys should really talk before hand... :rolleyes:

Dude is right this is shite! Where are the match reports? Not even so much as a...

4-1 Langley

~LUF2

Event settled.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was an honour to be a part of this team. Utah with all four
goals. What a game.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, here we go. Game time 14 degrees with a predominately overcast sky, 20km winds out of the north east.

We score twice in the first 10 minutes. First off of a Roxy free kick that Jason Jorgenson flicked on in the 6, really no chance for PAU keeper who I know and like, but on the day is the PAU keeper only. Second I did not see it well but Patty slotted nicely from about 18. PAU goes into desperate mode from 10 on as expected. Had decent possession and a few good chances. About the 30 minute mark bad back pass by PAU resulted in a nasty collision between JJ and PAU keeper, ball popped out and was slotted from 25-30 yards into the open net. PAU keeper hurt badly and left the game. I think everybody on the park a bit shocked by the scoreline, not that we did not deserve it but how often does something like that happen, especially between these two teams? Knees with a helluva volley on the stroke of halftime that I swore was in but somehow pushed over the bar by our back-up keeper. Fantastic save. Second half, PAU scored at about 60 minutes, had chances to make it interesting, although we had just as many to bury the 4th prior and after their goal. Cory Janzen scored a very deserving goal late to finish it. Todd Dutka PAU MVP, Chris Cecil ours. Never really had the chance of becoming a great game because of the early goals.

Diplomacy aside, no team feels better to beat than Peace Arch. Classy bunch and great competitors, but with that said, makes the Cup that much sweeter. First time we beat either the Wack or PAU this year, nice time to do it, and hopefully we can build off that heading into the BC's.

Thanks to Crafty's crew for hosting the event.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Thanks to Crafty's crew for hosting the event.

Your welcome and congrats for another solid season LFC2. Great afternoon yesterday and the weather cooperated nicely.
Good luck to all the FVSL teams in the BC's.

Cheers

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huuurtin stillllll.

Ask Patty how the beer tasted out of the trophy night???(only Langley lad there)

Especially Chuck and Gus...
BTW, Chuck got on with 2 mins left and Gus wasn't there...

Cheers, Bag of Dicks

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No kidding...

You know JC, some guys just hang around an extra season or two to win a championship, at whatever personal cost to playing time or ego. Gus has played w/ a tear in his abductor all season. Chuck, well, he has some time commitments I'm not sure you'd understand, being a VP of a rather large local horse racing conglomeration, plus being a father of a newborn.

So, once again, congrats to the boys, especially Gus and Chuck, on their first Pak Championship.

Now fcuk off.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Langley on their 2nd Cup in 3 years. The better side on the day. Disappointing showing for us, with a stunning first 10 minutes and a HUGE hole to dig ourselves out of.

LFC2 said:
Never really had the chance of becoming a great game because of the early goals.

Notable difference from last year's final, as we went down 2 goals to Poco as well, before coming back to win. Last year, even when 2 goals down, the intensity never wained. Perhaps this year, it was a little more difficult to convince ourselves we could do the same. Especially knowing how stingy the Langley defence has been all year.

Anyone get a good look at Moe's hit off the cossbar, that bounced VERY close to/on the goal line? Would have made for an interesting finish to the game if it was in......and the score suddenly 3-2 with time left.

Crafty, thanks again for hosting. Another quality job.....BUT....the field was far from ideal. Just commenting. No bitterness.

~Skip

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Crafty, thanks again for hosting. Another quality job.....BUT....the field was far from ideal. Just commenting. No bitterness.

~Skip

Sorry about the field Skip. I saved that field specifically for the Pak final and didn't have anyone play on it for two weeks. We even had the Parks board cut and roll it twice prior to the game. Some of your team mates made the same comment to me after the game.

Sorry lads

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries Crafty. I'm not trying to be a wanker, and have no doubt that everything possible was done to get the field in as good a shape possible. At the end of the day, the field was the same for both sides.

Great job, as always.

~S

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0