Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Referees

Do the refs in the FVSL suck, or is it just me?

• It's just you.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • No, they do suck.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • No, they don't suck.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Most suck, but there are some good ones.

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the debacle at South Surrey Athletic park yesterday, I felt the need to start this thread.

First off, our game at noon had to be cancelled because the ref failed to show up. Then at 2:00, a division 2 game was cancelled because their ref never showed. The GEU vs. Peace Arch premier match up was played one linesman short because he didn't show up. I also noticed that an over 30's game was cancelled because their ref never showed. That is fcuking tragic! What the hell is going on here Mr. Brown? Were there ref's scheduled for these games? Are we going to be compensated at all for driving all the way to White Rock only to find no ref? I doubt it, but if our team decided not to show up for a game, we would be fined substantially.

I shouldn't have gotten started here. Is it just me, or are there too many refs that think they are god on the pitch, and must let everyone know that they are there? The Ultra - Peace Arch game is a perfect example of this. There's this little fat man running around, blowing the whistle every 14 seconds for dinky little nudges that wouldn't get called in a Womans over 50's game. Then you ask him stuff, and you get a nice yellow card for your troubles. In the game in question, there was a lot of desent by both teams, however, only on team was carded for it. 7 times. Fcuking terrible. I was almost cautioned, and I was only watching this game.

KNVB, if you were there, I'd like to hear your take on the little fat man. His last name was Hill by the way. Not sure of his first name.

Please take your time to ponder the above poll question. Think hard before casting your vote.

H-Dog

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs Peace Arch

I agree with you TheRob. I played in that game and I couldn't believe how bad the referee was. We actually received 8 yellow cards to their 0 cards. Remember he handed another one out to Dean H. for the comment he made at the end of the match. There was zero flow to the game and you couldn't even ask him about a call otherwise you would be booked. I have played in the fraser valley premier league for 6 years and in the Vancouver Island league for 3 and I can honestly say that was the worst display of officiating I have ever experience. He was fcuking tradgic! Well, I'm out, TheRob I will see you at practice.

H-Dog

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Hill

TR:

Great thread. You're absolutely correct. In fact, I said it about a week ago in the Div. 1-4 thread:

"For the record, I think both teams will agree that the officiating was fcuking disgraceful. The 3rd goal by the BK was called on an all-ball tackle in the box. I heard some of the BK saying that it was clean. Three game in a row now we’ve had refs that leave us absolutely shaking our heads. It’s a shame that BCSF puts more funding into 12-year-old girls games than they do Men’s competitive matches."

Guess who did our game? You are correct sir...none other than Mr. Hill. He made some pretty bad calls, and gave out a red to your boys for what seemed pretty minor dissent. There are a couple of good officials, but for the most part they seem power hungry. I was privileged enough to have Bobby Brown officiate some of our games back when I played college...boy, what a difference. He let us play, but there was no doubt as to who was in control. Some of the guys we get now almost seem like they enjoy ruining an afternoon. I know Kenny is out there, and going to give me shite for not sending in my ref reports, but it's almost to the point now that I'm so angry, I just don't want to bother.

The fellow we had this past weekend- on the other hand- was quite good. He did give one funny dissent call to our sweeper. Like every fullback does, he yelled, "How is he?" when a man intercepted a pass offside. The ref gave him a yellow because "he didn't want to hear the back line complaining anymore". That was brutal, but at least he didn't play an outcome on the game. I can't say the same for Mr. Hill, or Herb from Coquitlam. They're disgraceful.

How's that for a rant?

DWMC

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally! The ref we had Sunday did a great job. One of the best reffed games I have played in, in a long time. Neilson was his last name(not sure of his first). He reffed a stinker for us once last year, but yesterday was great. As for the Premier game, that's a different story, however, I'll let one of them write about that.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nagra

We had Mr. Nagra yeasterday, who also did a really good job. We've had him before, and he's consistently been good. He's in charge of the game, and fit enough to keep up with the play.

Basically, all we ask for is a ref that is in control, and not make "judgement" calls that can have a direct outcome on the game. This guy has been consistently good.

DWMC

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Mr. Hill

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Herb from Coquitlam. They're disgraceful.

How's that for a rant?

DWMC

How can you rant about Herby? At least you know what to expect. Yell and scream and you get the call. Otherwise the call is missed. Herb is always checking out the chicks instead of the game. But can you blame him?

skytrainhasseenherbpervoutmorethanafewtimes

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good old Herb

After so many years playing in Coquitlam, and a couple in co-ed, it still blows me away that he can actually surprise me with one of his calls. He's that bad.

How about the old "mossy on over the the coller to chat with the girls and mooch a beer" move he has pattented?

He's discracefull, but also good comedy.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Good old Herb

He's discracefull, but also good comedy.

Thought I'd share a herb Story to confirm the quote. He had called a penalty shot, the offensive team had scored, before kickoff the defensive team had complained that Herb did not blow his whistle before the penalty kick was taken, result:

both teams were brought back and penalty kick was re-taken.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir Man?

Another ref with little man syndrome. Mr Sirman(don't know his first name)lost control of our match against Townsend Park about 36 seconds in. I'm sure I speak for everyone in the valley when I say, all we want is flow, and a ref that doesn't think he needs to be the difference in the game. I think he thought he was reffing a World Cup qualifier.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bitter

Are you just mad because you got a card from him.
I think you got that card on reputation alone. He is just so used to giving you a card in every game that it was force of habit to pull it out (the card i mean) right away.
He knows you too well.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex is a wanker.

Does anyone know if the Refs in the FVSL are evaluated at all through the year?

Two terrible games this weekend. Watched one, and played in the other. Docherty reffed the AU - GEU game Friday night. He started off OK, and then realized that everyone was there to watch him, so he decided the game. Then one of the linesmen from Friday reffed the reserve game on Saturday. Neilson was his last name. He kept running around screaming, "Don't do it!" What the Fcuk is that supposed to mean? An AU guy gets skinned just outside the 18, falls down, uses his arm to strip the ball from the GEU guy, and the ref yells, "Play on!" Quality Reffing. Bobby Brown was at the game Friday night. I'd be curious to hear what he thought of the reffing.

I think the Refs should be evaluated at least once through the season. This might help to keep them sharp. :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bobby sighting

Bobby was at the game Friday? You mean, the same one where Darren Corr grabbed that guy's package? It was Darren, not Gary correct?

If that is the case, I'd be really interested in seeing if ALU gets fined.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing will happen.

Yes it was Gary, not Darren. Darren was asked to leave the park though. Setting a fine example for his kids(who were with him)he finally left after about ten minutes of bitching.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday nights gong show

Everyone is going off about the ref and the mindless actions of Alouette coach, but what about the linesman that was standing within 20 yards of all this? Did he not have the balls to advise the ref what happenned? Out of everything that happened the linesman should be taking most of the heat.

skytraingladtoseethegameendedinatie

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you're a ref Sid, you must have a comment on this.

Has anyone noticed that the names of the refs that do the games are not posted on the results page on the FVSL web site anymore?

Do you think it is because of this thread?:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't doubt it.

TR: I wouldn't doubt it. Too bad- if they had bothered to check out the other refs thread, under "Soccer", they would have seen some good comments about the FVSL refs.

It seems they pulled their FVSL forum, too, when things got too sensitive for their liking.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wouldn't doubt it.

It seems they pulled their FVSL forum, too, when things got too sensitive for their liking.

The more shite they get about their actions or decisions they seem to crawl farther back into their hole or bubble.:mad: Similar to Bin Laden:D
telling his fellow morrons "don't worry everything is ok, everyone else is in the wrong"

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: If you're a ref Sid, you must have a comment on this.

Originally posted by TheRob
Has anyone noticed that the names of the refs that do the games are not posted on the results page on the FVSL web site anymore?

Also noticed the samething, happened about 2-3 weeks ago. And again its not surprising.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0