Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Referee Critiques and Feedback

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Referee improvements/feedback?

I know I create confusion on the field. I didn't think I could create it here.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not that it helps......

One of the things that we have done in our League (WCOTSL) is to request feedback from the managers about the refs they have had. This feedback gets passed back to the ref scheduler, who (hopefully) uses it to help in future assignments. We rate them on topics like consistency, fitness, positioning, and game flow. Feedback is not mandatory, but it is strongly encouraged.

A couple of points didn't get answered here:

1) No, there aren't enough qualified officials out there for all of us to have linesmen at our games. Would you also be willing to pay for the extra officials? A lot of teams griped when we decided to go with the referees' request for $50 per game....

2) More players should learn what the rules of the game really are, as well as the meaning of the word "interpretation" (as in "interpretation of the rules"). This applies to some of the refs we have had in the past, as well (we had a ref last year who called our keeper for "too many steps..." :rolleyes: ). It wouldn't hurt if some of the more vociferous critics out there were forced to ref a couple of games themselves. Who knows...it might even produce some new refs :D

beerz,

stew :cool:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

how is it determined who refs which games?

i have missed a couple games this year, but i have not seen kevin or martin yet? martin is the only ref who has ever given me cards in the fvsl premier. and i feel naked without one ;) .

seen quite a bit of mike hill, though. as i have said earlier... he never loses control of a game. the first bit of chirping or ugliness and the whole park knows it will not be tolerated. usually smooth sailing from that point forward. unfortunately, though... we always tie when he is in the middle.

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

sixfyv said:
i have missed a couple games this year, but i have not seen kevin or martin yet? martin is the only ref who has ever given me cards in the fvsl premier. and i feel naked without one ;) .

I can arrange it...if you'd like :D

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

PNE said:
It's been a long time since anyone posted on here. Do I take it that the referees have improved & there is nothing to discuss ? :wa:

PNE....notice it went quiet on here as soon as I retired!!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blindman,

you mean returned. right?
not retired, returned.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Skippy,

More of a word usage error it appears, than a spelling error.

Worse: of inferior quality.
Worst: most horrible.

So it appears that you, my dear teacher of young minds, have erred in pointing out my "spelling" error.

Regs: because I'm a visionary.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Worst thread ever.

I'm thinking maybe the 2nd worst.

ND clubs movin' on up would get my vote.

Maybe we someone could do a poll?

Youhavejustreadthe3rdworstpostever.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks for directing us back to this rubbish, TheRob.

Question for all y'all...

What happens if I criticize a ref on this shite...erm, site...and the guy comes completely unglued to the point that I'm fearful of waking up with a horse's head next to me?

BTW: PNE gave me a red last year for blatantly kicking some kid, and I'd like to thank him for the opportunity to hit the cooler earlier than first expected.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'd have to say consistancy is definately the biggest problem.

Get On With It

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div. 1] Results and Banter - October '05

Milhouse said:
The tackle deserved a yellow, but your guy still ends up on the sideline...

Best referee we have had this year, but I don't find the officiating to be any better or worse then past years...

Thanks guys! Please pass on the good news to Dude that I really do like to be the show.

Cheers!

Get On With It

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Thanks for directing us back to this rubbish, TheRob.

Question for all y'all...

What happens if I criticize a ref on this shite...erm, site...and the guy comes completely unglued to the point that I'm fearful of waking up with a horse's head next to me?QUOTE]

Sleep with one eye open!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div. 1] Results and Banter - October '05

Because, you know, it wasn't already evident in your taking credit for your wonderful match. :rolleyes: Good to see you saved the shite for the 2nd div.

Jesus...one would think getting paid would help take the sting away from being bitched at a little on the field, and taking a little stick on TTP. Guess not.

Kleenex?

One eye open,

~#8.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who's the best Ref? I remember back when I was playing U19 Gold, Playing for Dan Jacksons Surrey youth Celtic. We had a darby match against Jim Carrigans Surrey youth Rangers. Inter club rivals and lots of bad blood. We were ready to go and we had no Ref. Both teams agreed to play the match with an off duty, but registered ref by the name of Colin Eccles(SP). Colin was only a year or so older than most the players on the field.

The game started with a couple of quick yellows for late tackles and one for dissent, but once he had control of the match he let us play. It was a great game ending in a 2-2 draw.

Colin has since passed away, but I will always remember that game, and the job he did.

It seems all to often that some Refs in the valley are just out for a run without any care of the game or players. I know guys get upset and start yelling but the ref needs to stay in control of the game and of their own emotions. As a player I need to know the ref is going to protect me agianst dangerous challenges, be sound positionally and control the game. That is alot to ask some days, but that is the job.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0