Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Week #17 MOTW

Which is the Match of the Week?

• ND Lions vs GEU Ultra

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Langley United vs SUFC Red Devils

• Delta Metro vs Whalley Storm

• PAU vs GN Sport

• Poco Dominion vs Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it's been a while since I've thrown one of these out. As the season draws to a close, my guess is the MOTW will become easier to pick out. Which of this week's matches has the most appeal?

Delta Metro vs Whalley Storm (Fri. 7:30pm, JO)

My hunch is, this one will be lop-sided. Crafty's crew will undoubtedly be the fitter of the two sides after the lengthy break. Also, the home field advantage should play a factor.

ND Lions vs GEU Ultra (Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie)

Suddenly, GEU are a turf team! :confused: A win over a depleted PAU side will have helped prepare them for a similar foe this weekend at Mackie Park vs the Lions. GEU to continue their winning ways in the new year, and steal 3 more points from the lowly Lions.

Poco Dominion vs Chilliwack Rapids (Fri. 9:00pm, Gates)

My MOTW vote goes here. I expect Poco to make a run in the final weeks of the season in an attempt to reach the top teams, with hopes of potentially earning a Provincial berth. This fact, combined with Chilliwack's realistic shot at the league title should make this a nice tilt.

Langley U. vs SUFC Red Devils (Sat. 7:00pm, Oval)

Last time these two teams met, didn't LFC2 say something to the effect of "I can't see anyone dropping points to this sorry lot"??? Yes, I believe he did. I don't see the Sikhs putting up much of a fight out at the Oval though. Langley in a routine walk.

PAU vs GN Sport (Sun. 12:30pm, SSA)

Haven't heard a peep from the GN camp in months. Kind of eerie actually, as Kokanee and Star #1 have been regulars in recent years. Makes me wonder if it's the calm before the storm........or if the players have simply picked up and left town. Either seems possible when it comes to this team. Hopefully, PAU will be able to field a more recognizable team, and not have to tap into the CAT wealth too much this weekend in order to compete. Back on the grass at SSA, a substance that seems to be more and more foreign to all.

Vote and comment please......I beg you. :D

~Skip

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think as far as two quality teams go :)rolleyes: ) you're forced to choose Poco vs Whack for your MOTW. The rest read rubbish vs good or in the case of PAU vs GN, double rubbish. How many of your starters are in Mexico, Skip? I smell another 1-0 loss with a back end moral victory for you to try and sweeten your beer with. At least you can't blame it on the time or location this time...

Delta, GEU and Langley should win their respective matches but game rust is always a factor so I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a couple draws or a low scoring upsets.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One response.

Not even the annoying KNVB and his ill-informed comments can arouse the sleepy FVSLers these days

I give up.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
One response.

Not even the annoying KNVB and his ill-informed comments can arouse the sleepy FVSLers these days

I give up.

WTF, it is Tuesday. Hold out more hope Skip. Too busy giving my political spin on the fields.

Easy MOTW, POCO vs the WACK. I have always skewed predictions towards Langley wants, so no different this week. Chilliwack I believe has been snowed/rained in for close to two months. I would imagine Poco has been out more than never. A rusty Wack on the road on turf may be their undoing this week. Poco to win.

PAU/GN. PAU from first comfortably to first uncomfortably in a very short amount of weeks. I see Delta having a better shot at top two at the moment just given games in hand for Langley, Wack and Delta. Would like to see the Injury list, but will take a chance and say that PAU will find enough to take the points.

Delta/Whalley. Delta have to win this to stay in the hunt. We have not played these guys yet, but know it will be a tough 6 points purely because of their style. Not an easy 3 for Crafty. Calling sixfyv to trip over his 18 at a crucial moment and Whalley to tie it up late.

Lions/Ultra. GEU with a second half to the season mini re-birth take the points in a tight one.

Lang/Sikh. Sikh 6 Langley 1. And Skip that was not my exact quote. Ironically I was only pissed over the fact the changerooms were not open on time.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Word for word as I recall. :D

I see that they took points against Whalley and GEU, so I was proven wrong a long time ago. Will not affect this weekend's result.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
One response.

Ill informed? Annoying? Your words offend me Skip, almost as much as your game does... I'm surprised I didn't arouse anyone though. I typed as sexy as I could, plus, I was naked.
skip said:
I give up.
About 7 years to late.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU v GN
Tough to call... but i am convinced the PAU Cat team will bounce back from last week. 2-1 PAU.

PoCo v Wack
MOTW for sure... going with PoCo on home turf.

Lions v GEU
GEU to grind one out to continue the Lions woes. 3-2 GEU.

Langley v Sikhs
Langley in a romp... unless Dude gets distracted by the obvious.

Delta v Whalley
Delta to win handily... 4-1.

LFC2 said:
Calling sixfyv to trip over his 18 at a crucial moment and Whalley to tie it up late.
Wrong, prick. I will be tripping over the 18 to allow Whalley break the shut out late.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2,

I don't blame you for continuing to play the 'nice guy' routine here. I mean, look where it's got you! I'm sure the fact that you likened the Sikhs to a sub Div. 1 calibre will have been looooong forgotten by now. They 'shant' be angry about it any longer. :D

stir....stir...stir the pot, gently down the streeeaaam!
merrily....merrily....merrily.....merrily, somethingorother

~Skip

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just got back from Langley and spray painted LFC's words in the MAP changerooms....hopefully the changerooms are open. :mad: Don't worry Skip we did not forget. Giving this over-confident, average skilled bunch a loss would please me extremely....:D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone going to Gates park tonight to catch the Match of the Week?

LFC2,

I assume you will view your game this weekend as a good opportunity to rest some of your starters, and play some CAT guys. Yes? I mean, there's no way in hell you could possibly drop points to this Sikh team. ;)

~S

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
I see that they took points against Whalley and GEU, so I was proven wrong a long time ago. Will not affect this weekend's result.

Try and keep up Skip. Admitted I was wrong a few days ago.

A few of us will likely be at Gates tonight.

Crafty, Nation et al, let's liven this thread up a touch. Seems like we are yet to wake up from the xmas break.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
My hunch is, this one will be lop-sided. Crafty's crew will undoubtedly be the fitter of the two sides after the lengthy break. Also, the home field advantage should play a factor

You've obviously never been to a Lamont training session ;)

SIXFYV said:
Delta v Whalley
Delta to win handily... 4-1.

Thanks for the inspiration...Don't let another softy through your hands this time buckfyv...:D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker12 said:
You've obviously never been to a Lamont training session ;)

Thanks for the inspiration...Don't let another softy through your hands this time buckfyv...:D
Simmer down superstar... I sat out the earlier game between our two teams to let the young kid get some time... was not me who let in that weak one.

But don't worry about me... I will be ready to stop both shots your squad will get on Saturday.
:D

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some good match ups this week with a few games that could go either way.

ND LIONS v. GEU ULTRA
Four games left for the Lions this season in the league and each one is a must win if they are to stay in Premier. This one will not be easy for GEU and they will have to play as well as they have played all season to ensure three points. Anything less, could mean at least one vital point for the Lions.

POCO v. CHILLIWACK
Should be a cracker on the turf this evening. Chilliwack not playing a competitive league game since the third week of November may be a little rusty. On the other hand, they may come out on fire being fully rested and injury free. After losing to the Lions, Poco have won their last two games and are steadily picking up points as they look to sew up a Provincial berth. Should be MOTW

LANGLEY v. SUFC
Will the picture of LFC2 be used for target practice this week as Big T and the boys prepare for a visit to Langley. I think a little more than inspiration will be needed to give Langley its first defeat of the season. SUFC also with four games remaining must take points and something here will be a great achievement on their part.

PAU v. GN SPORT
What do the soccer Gods have in store for the Nation this week.? PAU with only one win in it's last five games against a team that they do not fair well against. However, GN seem to have thrown the towel in this season already, but do seem to raise their game when these two meet. This game is the toughest to call once again.

DELTA METRO v. WHALLEY STORM
A must win for the Delta Lads to keep pace with the others near or at the top. Whalley, handily beating GN in their last outing will be looking to continue to move away from the bottom two and move closer to the middle of the pack as they see out there first season in Premier. The first meeting was a close call and I don't see this being any different.

Cheers

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.......LFC2's comments were even harsher than I remember.

Oct. 31/2004

LFC2 said:
No piss take here, but Sikh is not a premier side, let alone a Div 1 squad. Their effort carries them a little ways and being so disorganized, it makes them tough to play. This is one team, unlike the Lions, who I could not imagine dropping points to even on our worst day. It could be argued that we were the same two years ago, but we did what we had to to remain in premier and we continued building. You don't get on the pitch until game time at NAP so you have to warm up on the grass which we did. They did not step on until 6PM and ran across the pitch a couple of times and then lined up. It showed boys, and I have a hard time believing you will survive this year, nor do I think you care. Just my opinion.

As far as the game goes, nothing really to report. We did what we had to, they threatened a couple of times, but no huge panic. We got our second goal after countless chances in the 60th minute, and that was it.

Curious to see how the second edition plays out tomorrow night. :p

~Skip

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0