Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Week #13 MOTW

Which deserves the MOTW honours?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few matches this weekend with some potential for greatness. Which do you think deserves the honour of 'Match of the Week'?

Delta Metro vs Langley (Fri. 7:30, JO)

Langley, more secure than ever I would imagine, will walk confidently into JO knowing that their opposition has had little or no luck against them in recent times. In their last meeting, Delta found themselves on the losing end of a 3-2 score, continuing the trend of dropping points to their 'boogie team'. Potential factors in the game: Delta sitting idle, and Langley's huge win over PAU last weekend.

Poco vs GEU (Fri. 9:00pm, Gates Pk.)

Last meeting between these two settled nothing (1-1 draw), only serving to add to the already intense feud between these two sides. Which is the best team on the west(north) side of the river?! Both teams hovering at mid-table in the standings, and slightly inconsistent in their efforts to climb higher. Tough to try to predict just how this one will turn out, but I think it's safe to say that nothing will be left on the park after the dust settles.

GN Sport vs SUFC (Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie)

'The Chutney Bowl' round II. This one was closer than most people thought last time these two teams met. At the time, GN was riding a wave of success, while the Sikhs were being labelled as the embarrassment of the league. Oh how things have changed! The Sikhs coming off of an impressive win over The Storm, while GN flounders trying to regroup from a massive slide in the standings. To make this more interesting, this is the first meeting between the teams since the defection of two GN players. We may even see a few tackles in this one boys! :D

PAU vs ND Lions (Sun. 12:30pm, SSA)

PAU will be trying to stop the bleeding after Langley handed them their third consecutive loss. The once deep 'Nation' now find themselves substantially thinner, with no fewer than 6 regulars out of the lineup with injuries. A true test of character for them now as they take on the pesky Lions, who are fresh off of an impressive win vs Poco. This will also be Lion's first game against his old mates which is sure to add some emotion, and excitment to this one!

Whalley Storm vs Chilliwack (Sun. 2:15pm, AHP Matthews)

Whalley were brought down to reality this season in ungentlemanly fashion when they visited Chilliwack at the 'Ex', getting trounced 5-0 by the Rapids! I doubt they will suffer a similar fate this weekend though, as I'm sure they took away some valuable lessons from the experience. Also, as stated before, Chilliwack seem vulnerable on the road.

Please feel free to comment, and vote.......

Previous MOTW honours:

#1 Poco vs Delta Metro
#2 Langley vs Poco
#3 PAU vs Langley
#4 GEU vs Poco
#5 Langley vs Chilliwack
#6 Chilliwack vs GN Sport
#7 Langley vs GEU
#8 Chilliwack vs Poco
#9 PAU vs Poco
#10 Chilliwack vs PAU
#11 Poco vs Langley
#12 Langley vs PAU

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big week for a lot of teams, especially with the break and transfer date approaching.

Delta Metro vs Langley (Fri. 7:30, JO)

Langley has got it all going on.....first place, big wins against the other contenders, a coach who has goes to chapters to read every cliche and "what not to say" book known to man.......they have to lose some day and I think Crafty's crew need this win badly in order to stay in the hunt. Delta to pull off the upset win 2-1.

Poco vs GEU (Fri. 9:00pm, Gates Pk.)

Poco coming off a stunning loss to Lions, and they still haven't got their act together on the offensive side of the ball. Take away the GN game and the offense has very weak numbers. GEU can't figure out which way is up this year and have been very uncharacteristically inconsistent. Got to go with a draw 1 - 1

GN Sport vs SUFC (Fri. 9:00pm, Mackie)

'The Chutney Bowl' round II is the MOTW......for no reason whatsoever. :D This is a must win for us, and hopefully with a Whalley and ND loss we can be tied for 8th. There will be a lot of mittens in this one... 2-1 SUFC.

PAU vs ND Lions (Sun. 12:30pm, SSA)

PAU to stop the bleeding this week and do us a favour. PAU 2-0

Whalley Storm vs Chilliwack (Sun. 2:15pm, AHP Matthews)

Chilli need to keep pace with Langley, so I don't see them dropping any points. 3-0 Chilli.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, very quiet in here. Let's get going here guys before Skip pulls the plug.

GN/SUFC
Seems SU is picking up steam, all since a bit of a TTP lashing I seem to remember. GN states they have new blood and loses last week. No clue as to the state of either of these camps. Chutney II, not so interesting 2nd time round seeing GN fell out of the race. GN in a tight one.

PAU/Lions
4 in a row? Would have seemed unbelievable 3 weeks ago but....... a very beat up PAU and a ND squad that seems to have met the relegation battle full on. I can hope for another PAU loss, but not this weekend.

Wack/Whalley
OK, no hiding the bias here. Whalley beats the not so scary road warriors. I hope.

GEU/POCO.
How does POCO lose 6-2 to PAU, show up and come within seconds of beating Langley and then shite the bed last week. Lacking a little something. With very little input on here from Millsy and the gang, hard to say where they are week to week. I see one point each here.

Langley/Delta. MOTW of a less than stellar week of fixtures. Both coming off big wins against the league leader's. Langley, alas, to get hammered.

Good luck all, and lets see a bit more input here for Skip's sake and my reading pleasure.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, slow week here...the hangover from last weeks build up.

The only three of importance, as far as implications go, are Lions / PAU, Chutney Bowl, and Langley / Delta.

I think Langley & Delta will be the best match, but to be creative, I'm calling a tie between the other two.

Lions / PAU: both squads badly need 3 points. PAU to right the ship, and the Lions to climb out of the relegation zone. I see the Lions pulling the upset...coming of a huge momentum building win, and with the extra motivation of knocking off a team they have lost their top striker to. PAU is still a top squad, but me thinks they are holding their breath for the X-Mass break, to re-load, and re-group. Right now, the Lions should kick them while they're down. PS: Cainy...time to give some of those young guys some PT. Lions by 2.

Battle of the Brown Guys: The only thing possibly keeping this from being heated is the cold factor...the mittens will be out in full force. That said, I spotted Hibbee in mittens last week. A Scotsman in mittens. Go figure. Anyhow, SUFC has the extra motivation, and seem to be pulling together. SUFC with the big 2-1 win.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Let's get going here guys before Skip pulls the plug.

Very intuitive LFC2, I was just thinking along the same lines.

MOTW out at JO tonight. I'm thinking of passing by to check it out as the Mrs. has kicked me to the sidewalk for the night. Crafty, what's scheduled for the half-time show?!

~Skip

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Very intuitive LFC2, I was just thinking along the same lines.

MOTW out at JO tonight. I'm thinking of passing by to check it out as the Mrs. has kicked me to the sidewalk for the night. Crafty, what's scheduled for the half-time show?!

~Skip

Skip,
You should come out this evening to JO as you will find me there. However, it will be in a playing capacity rather than a managerial one... ;)

It will give you a good opportunity to see your fellow teammates for next season.. :)

Cheers

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cnuting bastards!! Was just about to step out to get my ass wet out at JO!

Thanks for the early warning. :rolleyes:

~S

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0