Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - September

Who gets your pre-season vote for best chance at a league championship?

• Langley FC

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • GEUU

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GN/SUFC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • ND Lions

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Dewdney

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh, and skip, you did miss someone. there was no mention of chilliwack in your little irrate rant. remember us? we met last sunday... three-one final...for us that is...remember?... :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We're all over in the div. 2 thread, Skip. ;) Brush up on your wigger vocab before making an appearance, though.

~Peace.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Seriously!......it is fukcing lame in here!? ...................did I miss anyone??? :D Sorry if I woke anyone from their season slumber.

~Skip

I agree with you Skip, this thread is nearly as boring as playing GN.:eek: .
Years back it was annoying and fun in here, now, nothing.
Listening to PAU claim they are great, Poco telling them the're not - then giving each other shite on the park. Good Times.

Hey I hear Billy Jackson dad wants to play, you guys got room for a young guy on your team?

It's no fun in the Div 2 thread either, pretty serious about pretty lame soccer. I even threw out Osamas weekly bet - beer for wins but no takers. :(

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Billy Jackson's dad can still pull 20 year old birds like his son can, he's welcome on our side anyday! :D

sam1

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sitting at work with a broken collarbone, i just got the friday night results:
GEU went up 2-0
DMU tied it up before half.
GEU took the lead at the start of second half 3-2.
once again DMU evened the score and 10 minutes to go took the lead.
4-3 DMU. SHE-eeeT!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, GEU let one slip tonight, but give Delta credit, they took their opportunities and cashed in on them. GEU with some bad defensive marking and left some open players to put the ball in the net.
A barely recognizable Delta team out there. Very young and looked like most of last years cat team.
I'm interested to see who'll be playing on Sunday for them.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
very proud of our young crew tonight... got whacked and folded in half all over the pitch all night long. they took it well... and answered back with heart... grinding out a HUGE come-from-behind win.

well done boys.

kevin is a fantastic ref, but i was mystified by some of the calls, and non calls, out there tonight. the calls went both ways, of course... but were hard to understand nonetheless. a tough game to call of course with lots of physical stuff all over the pitch.

PS i think we were outweighed by 50 pounds at every position tonight... is geuu sponsored by the millionaire A&W out there??? :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
is geuu sponsored by the millionaire A&W out there??? :)

First of all Mission and Maple Ridge are not the same place and second it's still in court.
:)
Will we be seeing you in net for the CAT game then on Sunday?

Sep 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy likes to score especially against Dewdney. If Jimmy was playing for Dewdney he would be the leading goal scorer not this WADE guy ( who has zero). Jimmy cant wait to play Dewdney again. :wa:

THE WACK 6- Dewdney the bagel

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Want to thank the Dewd's for making the trip out to the Wack. Rode the Rapids and fell into deep water...once...twice...six times. Offered life saving Beers after spill...chose to avoid it like the plague. Unfortunate for the all of the Dewd's who missed out on a grand piss up...and David Lee Roth (at least HE thought he was David Lee Roth...eventhough he wasn't, and couldn't sing. But that's another story). Coulda, shoulda, woulda...coulda had lots of beers after the game...shoulda had lots of beers after the game...woulda been a great way to drown the sorrows and share in the soccer community...win or lose. Rapids would have, no matter what. *sigh* *shaking head*

Dewds never gave up on the field though. Kept working and trying, regardless of the score. Good on ya!

However, seems the "New to Premier League" lads, still have a way to go before they figure out that the war stays on the field...and after, the drinks SHOULD flow...REGARDLESS of who wins or loses.

Wishing the new lads all the best,
River

PS: Shoulda come to the pub and had some suds. *shaking head* Bad form.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgot to mention a great game by #10 who scored a hat trick last night. I don't know who was marking him last night but they got lit up......BIG TIME.
Also a shout out to #9 on Delta who thought he could do no wrong, argued all calls against him, and tried to tell the linesman that he didn't know the rules.
I thought Kev did a good game last night. Couple of calls that surprised me but he kept everyone in line in a physical game.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard too shake that one off. I guess a definate lack of poise the GEU side. 2-0 in the first 20minutes. 3-2 with 20minutes left to play...credit to DMU as they never gave up, pretty much had 4 chances, and burried 4 chances. I thought we controlled the play for the first 70 or so. Last 20 seemed to be all DMU, fit and well coached.

There two front runners seemed to have a bit of difficulties, as yoda said, #9 was a god. I think he was on the ground more then he was on his feet. There other striker seemed a bit inexperience as was getting knocked off the ball too easily. Problem areas were definately the outside of the park, and when there central defender moved into an attacking position.

We didnt play bad, just not smart enough when it counted.

I should insert some sort of 'piss take' here to lighten up the post.

Girth Stinks.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oi...nice Girth!

Dude's U-7 ADD FC lost today 4-1, but even possession, even chances. Their keeper made the difference today. Turning point was when Liam (A.K.A.: Ralf Wiggam) was distracted by an off field event ("Look- a cat!"), and the Hawks took advantage of the numbers mismatch.

Wait...is this not the Surrey United U-7 House thread?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Oi...nice Girth!

Dude's U-7 ADD FC lost today 4-1, but even possession, even chances. Their keeper made the difference today. Turning point was when Liam (A.K.A.: Ralf Wiggam) was distracted by an off field event ("Look- a cat!"), and the Hawks took advantage of the numbers mismatch.

Wait...is this not the Surrey United U-7 House thread?

Finally something worth talking about in here. Who did you guys play today Dude? Who scored your goal?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
There other striker seemed a bit inexperience as was getting knocked off the ball too easily.
in my opinion, he was outstanding all evening... getting hammered constantly by a big heavy backline. didnt whine about a single call or non-call all night... and was a factor all game.

not bad for a 16 year old... :eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know, this is a little off topic LFC2, but because you asked, we played the mighty Hawks. Young Landon got our goal on a beautiful individual effort, exploding from the swarm to break in alone on the keeper, made on move, and finished with a well taken toe punt. Brought a wee tear to me eye.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
If Billy Jackson's dad can still pull 20 year old birds like his son can, he's welcome on our side anyday! :D

I tried Skip you are on your own,

What happened in Langley tonight?

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
langley 1 - 0 poco

the goal was um... interesting?... unique...? actually weak i guess is a better word.
regardless though, langley with three more points. and that despite the lack of respect they recieve as the reigning league champs.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions up 4-1 over GN/ SUfc with 10 minutes to go when I left. I have watched alot of the Lions games over the last 2 years and it has always seemed like they have been missing something. I never quite new what it was but it looks like they found it this year. they look really sharp and I think will surprise alot of teams with how good they actually are. I know its early but if they play like they have played the last few games they could be an upper half team. Nice to see them playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts