Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - November 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 4 Div. Twodney 1

DFC went up 1-0 in the first 20....1-1 at half. 4-1 final. Sounds like the same game in Chilliwack.

Dewdney was god awful, they didnt string 3 passes together the whole night. It was actually quite shocking I must say.

Trapper...I know you didnt have Wade to run onto your balls tonight, but you think after the 108th Punt up the field, you might have changed it up a little?

Anyways, a result we should have got, and did.

Sep 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack with a relatively easy second half in which the dominated to a 4-1 victory, 10-0-0. Cant wait to play Dewdeny this week last time I scored was against them and :wa: plan to get a couple more.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy

I respect the fact that you are going to stay silent !

But you boys got your ass whooped ! To say the least.

Sooner or later somebody has to take the Chiili team down..............

Well done by the way Chillawack

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmnn, 4-1 is a little bit of a shocking score. I expected either Langley or PAU to beat Chilli, I also expected to win the lottery 2 weeks ago. I guess I should lower my expectations. Hard luck PAU.
Any PAU boys with details of what happened?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
10-0-0 is very impressive at this point...hopefully Chilliwack is able to save a little for a Provincial Cup run. If they can somehow manage to get a could of teams out to their park, look out.

I bet they have it in them to pull off the "Perfect" FVSL season. Pak Cup, Premier, all wins.

(LFC2, you can thank me later for laying down the jinx.) ;)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough loss to take.

My thoughts:

We came out of the gates well, and had Chilliwack on their heels for the first 30 minutes. We were rewarded with a goal by Sage. Had a bit of a breakdown the last bit of the first half, and Chilliwack capitalized on a poorly cleared cross. 1-1 at the half.

Early in the second half, Mummery fouls Birdi (no call) and takes possession of the ball about 40 yards out, which results in a 3 on 2.....and a goal. Unfortunate for us, as that proved to change the game immensely IMO. Disappointing that from there, we seemed to change our game entirely, and threw caution to the wind. It backfired, as we were often outnumbered at the back. The rest you can figure out. Andrew 'Hollywood' Slain with the hat-trick (that hurt).

Well, done Chilliwack. Dukes was fun (small consolation)

~S

FridayKnight

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta give credit to PAU for coming out of the gates strong. They threw a bit of a line-up curve ball at us that we didn't adjust to in time. (Nice finish by Sage on a setup from Cooper that got us all going the wrong way.) The game pretty much shifted our way once we made a sub to adjust the lineup.
Second half looked like many in our park...flood gates opened to create a more lopsided final than the opposition probably deserved.
We've been fortunate that we've found ways to win so far this season, but we're not taking it for granted, and not getting ahead of ourselves by counting wins we don't have yet...thanks anyways Dude!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Cainy that was a late 3 am post after a very enjoyable night out at the Shark Club . :rolleyes:

Your boys said it was tight but the game really opened up and got away from you guys in the second half.

Chilliwack is on fire baby............................

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scouting the action in the 'Wack hoping to see what the fuss is all about with the Rapids. Stole a Rapids hat after the game. That was the high point. I can see why Chilli loves Dukes; guys outnumber the gals 5 to 1.

What is with the unlimited subs?! That is tragic. If you want unlimited for the CAT situation, why not only at half and max of 5 thoughout play. Way too many stopages.

The 2nd Rapids goal was not a foul by Mums on Birdi. It was a good hard tackle from an unneccessary, shite 50/50 pass which cost PAU the game. PAU had some nice touches and passing plays but really struggled within 25. Too many needless 50/50 challenges that allowed Wack to physically beat up PAU. Wack tore up the back line with speed and some quality crosses.

I was impressed with some good young talent on both teams, especially #4 for Wack.

Mums was brutal in the 1st; looks like he had lead injected into his ass. In the 2nd Mums played great...but still looks aweful. What happened to the hair? At least Mums made amends and got the tying goal. :rolleyes: The goalie should had done better.

The best part about Chilli is the stadium atmosphere. You can shout anything from those bleechers and it comes out loud and crystal clear out on the field. Roopi is a great announcer. The GOOOOOOL!!! call after each goal was fantastic.

It was a fun night out tipping cows, but I won't be making that trans-continental flight again anytime soon.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs DFC

This was just a game of nice goals...DFC opened it up about 20 minutes in with a good strike right under the cross bar that caught our keeper by surprise, apart from that and a missed breakaway thats all dfc really had, esepcially comming out so strong so early...with about 5 to go in the first, off a nice cross by "clubbin", our striker spread out with the diving header to tie it up.. about 15 into the second, a well placed free kick by "can" put us up 2-1 although it looks like a breakdown by the wall on the dfc defense cost them that one. then the goal of the match after a foul the ball came rolling about 25-30 yards out where our center mid, just ripped it top corner, giving trapper no chance. in the 80th minute, our striker recieved a nice thru ball and walked it around trapper to seal it at 4-1 a good game at rotary last night for GEU and a good result that was well deserved.

BSLU

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 2 GN 0
Poor showing by us for about 70 mins tonight. Full Credit to GN who were unlucky not to take points from us tonight. Keeper for us played great and kept us in the match. Langley scored two or three minutes in and then fell asleep. we got our second goal twenty minutes from full time. GN were hungry and deserved more than they recieved.
We will put that one behind us.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough game. A couple of guys with no class or integrity after the game. Yes I had a moan, but for Teddy, Chucky and Roxy to hand me their uniforms and say, "Thats it, good luck." I have put in four years, and these guys can't take criticism, well godd luck to them. Apparently, Teddy wants to go back to the Nation, Roxy is done, and Chucky wants to spend more time with his family. Respect him for he loves Sasha and Dakota, but be a man Chuck. Tell me to my face you are quitting and not get Alicia to tell me.
LFC2
Heartbroken :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Off to bed, to have a wank.... ;) ;) ;)

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
As far as PAU underachieving. That might be a bit strong. I agree, we've let too many goals in this year, and that is the main reason why we have dropped points IMO. However, PAU have one loss to their record this year. In the past 4 years, we've achieved the following:

• League Runner-up
  • League Champions
  • Pakenham Cup Champions
  • Provincial Cup Semi-finalists (losing in OT)
  • Provincial Cup Quarter-finalists (losing in OT)

No team in the FVSL (within the last 5 years) can boast a more impressive list of accomplishments. So, in short.......FACK OFF!!

~Skip

Skippy, if you had only confided with sir Cainy, he could have
told you all about those summer league cups you won, and surely Sage could have told all of us about all those scoring titles that he {thought } won....
Osame wishing he could be there....

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley with 4 points!!!!!!!DMU vs Lions

Just checked the FVSL website......looks like the first game with Whalley and Poco has been overturned for a 1-0 Whalley win.......anyone care to share what the shine has gone on here.

Leaves a VERY tight mix at the bottom of the table for relegation.....Twodney and Whalley 4 points, GN and Poco 5 points......game on!!!!!

After Derby night in Delta......no insight to the Lions win?????? Joely where are u.....Crafty what happened mate?????

4ST OUT!!!!! :bronco: :bronco:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's happened to GNSUFC? These two teams joined and talked the talk at the start of the season that this would push them over the edge? So far I see last place in CAT and in danger of relegation in the premier? Big T what the Fack?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
What's happened to GNSUFC? These two teams joined and talked the talk at the start of the season that this would push them over the edge? So far I see last place in CAT and in danger of relegation in the premier? Big T what the Fack?

Like a bad CAT game on Saturday night. GN brass working the cell phone from 630 on trying to get enough to play. Hard to take your pregame too seriously watching it, and to no ones surprise we stunk. To their credit, they worked hard until 2-0 and on another night might have deserved more. If they would have scored at some point, I think that may have woke us up, but it did not happen. Bad game to play in and worse to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0