Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter January & February 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
aldergrove 1 - 1 chilli
our goal was nicer though.
lots of chances for chilli to score more but nothing doing.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Ghouse, I didn't think that the injury was that serious, it is unfortunate for sure.
As for KNVB....it's nice to see you back in form....if I remember correctly the term was cnut.....as Milsy would say...nizely done

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter January 2009

It sucks, but the situation has sucked since the start of the year when a particular someone left Delta Metro and screwed the hole program.....or so I hear.
Besides that, DMU was a Div 1 team that took the spot at the last second....should they have just dropped the spot and left an opening in the league? Maybe, but at least they gave it a try and didn't fold until now.
my 2 cents
If over the past two years, the club executive had shown any interest in its two premier teams (rather than focussing its attention on its beloved Masters team), they would have realized there was a problem. Promoting the three best players in the club away from the Premier team to have them play as underage players on the Masters team epitomized the lack of a long term vision.

I feel for DMAC as he is on damage control duty this year. Hell of a guy to step in and try to fix this mess that was left for him. Well on ya, DMAC! I am sure you will do well to rebuild in Div 1 next year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's too bad the guys had to take a year getting humped, just in an effort to help the club. Solid group of guys there, but not a premier team. A good div. 1 team, and they would have added to that division this year.

Best of luck next season boys- I hope your year up has paid off w/ some benefit to help you out next campaign.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

If over the past two years, the club executive had shown any interest in its two premier teams (rather than focussing its attention on its beloved Masters team), they would have realized there was a problem. Promoting the three best players in the club away from the Premier team to have them play as underage players on the Masters team epitomized the lack of a long term vision.

I feel for DMAC as he is on damage control duty this year. Hell of a guy to step in and try to fix this mess that was left for him. Well on ya, DMAC! I am sure you will do well to rebuild in Div 1 next year.

Who you speak of? Not sure any of those guys wanted to play FVSL premier. Last time I looked three of the best players in the club left for Richmond. :D

Dmac is in a tough spot...but he will be fine once this year is done!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2007/2008 season... not this season. that is where things fell apart. there was no support shown by the club for the two premier teams. the world revolved around the masters team.

and correction... 2 of the best players... and one over-the-hill keeper ("who can fcuk off if he thinks he can leave Delta and ever come back") left this year for RCIU. :D i don't think Van Der Sar, Rooney, and Ferdinand would have been able to change the premier team's fate this year.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2007/2008 season... not this season. that is where things fell apart. there was no support shown by the club for the two premier teams. the world revolved around the masters team.

and correction... 2 of the best players... and one over-the-hill keeper ("who can fcuk off if he thinks he can leave Delta and ever come back") left this year for RCIU. :D i don't think Van Der Sar, Rooney, and Ferdinand would have been able to change the premier team's fate this year.

So that's why my fees were $300 that year. :rolleyes: Seems tough to keep all parties happy. Complicated when it comes to Delta.
:D

A dutchman and two englishman would never help anyone btw. :)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Don't think the Rogers brothers would be able to play a full season of Premeir soccer, yes they are good enough, but to stay healthy all year, that is the hard part.
At least the Masters team is winning, and could probably beat most FVSL teams on any given day, I still remember the Mighty Rangers (masters) playing PAU Premeir in a match just before Provincial Cup last year, guess what team of old guys won on the day, and PAU went onto the semi's of the Provincials. The Masters is a good league and the Delta club executive has made a wise decision.

hos

soccerbuddy

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's too bad the guys had to take a year getting humped, just in an effort to help the club. Solid group of guys there, but not a premier team. A good div. 1 team, and they would have added to that division this year.

Best of luck next season boys- I hope your year up has paid off w/ some benefit to help you out next campaign.
Thanks for the kind words Dude, It's been 1 hell of a long year!!!
Hopefully we as a team will be strong in Div. 1 next year,
Until then, we still have 2 games to go and the Pak game this weekend!!!
Best of luck the rest of the way for you guys too!!!

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
second round of the pak cup is on the web site a few interesting all prem battles ahead.

is there no pak cup thread ?:confused:

ooooops !

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We knew going in to this season would be tough. It was a last minute decision for us and we were unfortuante to not have the time to talk to everyone involved to see if there was enough interest. Im sure a lot of players would have opted to just stay and play div1. However we thought that we had enough strong players to at least win a few games and stay above our heads. The goal was obviously to stay out of relegation zone and then build for the next season. We were left with only a few players from the previous prem teams who have really helped us, but the bottom line is there was no time to prepare and no help from anyone but ourselves. So now here we are with a couple season games left hoping to at the very least get the games in and fight till the end. I appreciate the kind words from some of the fellas on here. I have never experienced a season such as this and Im not sure if many of the boys on here have. If you have then you would know how frustrating and dishearting it is to be in my position. I only can hope that the core return for next year to rebuild a strong div1 team and compete at that level. It could be a tough sell at this point to some of the guys that have had to stomache this season. We are now under review from the league now and they are to decide our status in the prem league whatever that means. I think our points have decided everything for us. It would be shocking if they through a wack of fines at us. Anyways enough from me, good luck to the teams competing in the pak and congrats to Langley on a fine season. Looking forward to our final match with you as the first one was a decent tilt.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Masters is a good league and the Delta club executive has made a wise decision.

hos

I missed this post earlier. It is wise to focus the attention of the club on the Master's team? What about the premier team? U-21? Lower divisions? How are you going to feed the Masters team with players for the future? Nice short-term vision you got there.

HOS - You're an idiot... and that is hard for me to say to a fellow keeper.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Delta Executive messed the club up more than just a few years back. When a club's best players are over 30 it shows that the issue was there for more than a couple seasons. It isn't like Delta has not been able to produce young players. The club was never able to get any of them to play for them. Look around the Valley and VMSL and you will find a huge group of talented Delta produced players. Young and old. Yes the club has had some strong years but again most of the players from those teams are over 30.

The final nail (in my opinion) was bringing in a certain coach who used the club to build his own. We all know that there is always plenty of behind the scenes politics but it was clear early that his interests were never in the best interest of Delta's Club.

Where ever the blame may rest it is obviously a problem that has been ongoing for many years.

This years Delta Premier team deserves some credit for their efforts. If they can get all the players back from the team they will have a very competetive Div 1 team next season.

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to the boys at langley for winnin the league. as for dmu from what i understand they didnt have alot of time to get together and discuss there options. its a tough go when you dont have much structure or the personnel to compete not to take anything away from those guys they battled hard every game it is to bad they didnt get any results hats off to the boys at dmu. good luck to everyone in cup play

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Very true.

But, he's also quite good at Taking The Piss.

:D

That is the nicest thing anyone has every said about me on the site, and I have tried to make many a friend over the years, letting frustrated strikers chip me has yet to work.

Thanks RF, is it all true or are you just over worked at this busy time of year, beer on me if I ever train again.

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0