Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - Feb 07

What is more likely to happen this month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 2 Langley 1

Langley got one with around 20 mins into the game and was the better side in the first half as they have great pace and work really good together. We were lucky to go into the half down just 1-0. Second half our guys got their heads into the game and started to pressue their defense and it paid of with a goal in the 15th min. We then got the winner with about 15 left on a great volley from about 25 yards out. We really played hard and I give tons of credit to the guys who kept their heads up and gave it their all until the final whistle. Langley continued to pressure to get the equalizer but we held on for the big win.

Other scores:

PAU 3 GEU 1
Chilliwack 1 Delta Metro 1

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Delta and GN (I can't believe I'm saying that)

GEU 1 PAU 3

One way traffic for the first 45 minutes with the score ending 2-0, but should easily of been 4 or 5... However, the second half was much different... Young Robbie (our 17 year old phenom) scored 15 minutes in and then we switched formation and made a whole bunch of changes... GEU started to get some space and time on the ball and we looked totally flat... They got one late, but the result was never in question... That team has a lot of work to do if they want to stay up, now that GN has started playing agin...

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 2-0 over Port Moody

Well played pretty even game, they had a bit more in the first half and we had a bit more in the second. They went up 1-0 15-20 minutes into the first half on a hard cross crease pass that slipped thru our goalies hands and onto an oncoming forward for an empty netter. One of our forwards got a red card with 10 minutes to go for swearing at the officials, then they got one in the final minute on a free kick from far out that one bounced into the far side when no one played it.

Brandon

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow ! GEU in relegation zone. This team is still fairly young and are trying a kick at the can without the Veterans who made this team tick for years. Some great players on this team though so what's the problem boys?

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
This team is still fairly young and are trying a kick at the can without the Veterans who made this team tick for years. Some great players on this team though so what's the problem boys?

Nose Dick, thats like most of the teams in relegation zone:confused:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah..
The Black Knights ain't talking much these days!!!

Maybe finding there game, and changing there name back, and going back.... to Div.1 , will get the kids going!!!

Nothing like a relegation to quiet the "Black Knights"!!

beenalongtimecoming

LION

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN 1 Chilliwack 2

Unlucky not to get atleast a point out of todays game... We scored about 15 mins into the game on a great free kick, Chilliwack then tied things up with 5 to go in the half. 3 mins into the second Chillwack got the winner when our player scored an own goal.... from there we pressured tons but coudlnt equalize.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 0 ND Lions 1

Finally they didn't get a lucky bounce to steal three points... The Lions had most of the play and missed a few chances until they scored off a scramble with ten to go... Lyle Lovett with a red card for Aldergrove, this idiot seems to get a card every other week... Off with his head!!!

Updated standings (as of now)

GP Pts + / -
Aldergrove 14 30 19
PAU 14 30 17
Chilliwack 13 25 24
Langley 13 21 -2
Poco 15 21 -5
ND Lions 13 20 5
Delta Metro 13 15 -4
Port Moody 12 12 -15
GN 14 10 -25
GEU 13 9 -14

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GUINESS was that you on the the far sideline with the taped wrists ? Don't tell me you need it to hoist a few ? Do you're wrists go limp otherwise ?

MilesLong

Sep 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
star #1 said:
GN 1 Chilliwack 2

Unlucky not to get atleast a point out of todays game... We scored about 15 mins into the game on a great free kick, Chilliwack then tied things up with 5 to go in the half. 3 mins into the second Chillwack got the winner when our player scored an own goal.... from there we pressured tons but coudlnt equalize.

I'm not going to lie to you but the game had no great scoring chances and was rather boring. GN's chances to score in second half were ZERO although Chilliwack had one chance but someone blew it over the net. The OG was unfortunate but the speed of Wilmot’s down the left, on this play, was too much for GN to handle. Bight spot for GN - There goalie is descent! I believe his name is Andrew

One thing I did notice at the game was how much GN relies on the ref. Every push, nudge, dirty look, everyone on the sidelines and on the field shouts at the ref. Maybe, the free kick was so nice, you wanted to try more. I never saw that goal.

Probably the best part of the game was missed by many, so I will try and enlighten all TTPers. Playing at Bear Creek Park with the running track around it. There are many different people watching and listening to the game. A play occurs on the field and the GN fans, players, coaches, managers, photographers start yelling at the ref. The ref didn't see anything wrong, so he played on. As the yelling continues, I hear a runner (Probably the refs wife shout, "Good Call ref" As she is running behind the GN sideline....Priceless).

The other great call was the shout of the day. The ref calls a GN player offside and I believe the GN coach or manager shouts out, "Offside on a shot....come on"

As I far as I remember, one can be offside if a shot has been taken. Anyone heard any different?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the Lions vs. Aldergrove game.
Lions controlled more of the game, and had many more scoring chances.

Lyle with his 6th and 7th yellows of the season for a red.
nothing but skill from that guy!!

what is the ruling on yellows?
i know after 3 you sit.
then after 5 you sit.
what happens after that...
like on your 6th and 7th.

can'tbeleivealderhacksarefirstplace.

LION

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every yellow after the fifth calls for suspension I believe. At least that is what the VMSL did.

I *think* it breaks down as 3 yellows = 1 game, 5 yellows = 2 games, 6+ yellows = 3 games?

So it would appear this player should sit 7 games :D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although, two yellows in a game are written up as a red. Not two yellows.

Interesting situation.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 0 ND Lions 1

posted by: Hub
GUINNESS was that you on the the far sideline with the taped wrists ? Don't tell me you need it to hoist a few ? Do you're wrists go limp otherwise ?
I was at the game, but I forgot to bring the tape... I did however remember to bring some tissues so you fcuking muckers could wipe your tears!!! Baldy and CJ are the only 2 premier players on that team... :rolleyes:

Guinnesshopestodrawthesefarmhandsnextroundofthepak

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lyle muppett is a hack who belongs in div 3. The little white round thing with air in it. you should try kickin it some time. ND were full value for the win and could have had three goals easily. Pints tasted good after the match. well done lions.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

You already drew LUFC Dynamo. I guess you're looking past Sub's squad to the final 4?

~Thejinxisin.

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need for tissues wee man. I'll be sure to tell the rest of the non premier players that beat you not once but twice this year that you'd like another shot. When you're taping up you should try a piece over the lips or tape the tongue down.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Guinness,

You already drew LUFC Dynamo. I guess you're looking past Sub's squad to the final 4?

~Thejinxisin.

We have already spoken and agreed that we will just be providing a light training session for PAU instead of a Pak Cup game. We will be working on their scoring, passing and ball control by allowing them to have all of it.

We have also been asked by our Premier management to allow PAU through to the next round so that there is a chance for a PAU / LANGLEY final and we feel this is only fair.

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moody over DMU 5-4

We were up 4-1 a few minutes into the second half until they got 3 unanswered and then we scored on the final play of the game, phew, pulled out a gutsy win that we needed tonight. Full marks to the DMU spectator that got thrown out and then decided to walk the long way around the field so we had 7 minutes of extra time to pot one.

Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0