Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier Pre-season Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After Wednesday nights premier teams meeting a few changes are in the works for September.

Voted and passed on:

League Cup with teams seeded after 9 games then put into 2 pools of 5
Pool #1 = teams #2, 4, 6, 8 & 10
Pool #2 = teams #1, 3, 5, 7 & 9
4 round robin games (mid week - 2 home and 2 away)
Top 2 from each pool then go to semi's and winners play in final
$1000 Prize money for the winner and free entry for all (paid by sponsors)
*IF BC's are same format as last season, 5th FVSL birth goes to Cup winner*

A couple of other great new additions are:
-BC soccer 5 sub rule (allowed to make unlimited subs at halftime)
-standardized division wide game ball (ie) BPL Nike

The one issue that keeps coming up is these teams that want to play night games without showers and changerooms, apparently excuses are like assholes. What are we the bloody VMSL? Van Tech bollocks! :rolleyes:
-mandatory facilities could not be passed, but home teams are encouraged to provide tents and benches for visiting teams.

BTW, the executive has also increased the $ for referee's doing premier matches! Azzi must be pissed! :D

A very positive direction the league is taking, hopefully the standard of play will continue to do the same.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love it!

Two changes made with progressing the league in mind. At Prem, there needs to be a sub limit. The Cup idea will also help to keep the teams playing competitive matches during the lead-up to Provincials. Guinness: any word on rules involving card accumulation?

The facility thing...agree, too bad, but that is a tougher rule to implement, given the reliance on the clubs to ensure other's capital investment. That said, still glad to hear it discussed.

Increasing the ref fees is also good; I always thought they were underpaid, and will maybe encourage better refs to stay in the Valley. WB may just have to start making the long trek to Vancouver now. ;)

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this as some of these new balls just launch of your foot.
Hector...Us Div 2/3 guys get nothing...probably just be told to kick a rock.

Well at least my excuse for not heading the will be valid. for some reason the guys never bought the "I don't want to mess my hair" or "I'm too fat to jump" excuses. :eek:

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i thought it was a fairly good meeting most people wanted to take things forward its just hard for all teams to be able to move forward at the same pace
our biggest headache is the change rooms thing it seems all the soccer related development is related to schools and they wont let us near their change rooms
it seems new hammond is best bet but they close it way to quickly and it means playing on a pitch and on a day that my guys dont want to
fcuk it tents it is :(

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
posted by: Dude
Guinness: any word on rules involving card accumulation?
It was discussed, but must be implimented and voted on by the executive.
posted by: Kevin Hector
So the FVSL is going to give every team a game ball??? or Just Premier?
The FVSL isn't giving anyone a ball, they just standardized the quality for the premier division so every team kicks the same one.
posted by: ItalianStallion
The groupings seem odd, you'd think being number one would give you a crack at the bottom team.
The seedings are implimented to create a level draw after half of the season has been played. The top team in Novemeber may not be the top team in March.

Some teams like to drag their heels, but all in all, it was a very constructive meeting.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outkast pulls the wool over Poco's eyes and signs with Metro Ford?
What a fcuking soap dodger, I guess he'll enjoy right back! ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soap dodging, switch hitting right back? That's what RF was calling Uppal all summer. Small world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0