Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier - mid season review

What's the season's BIGGEST suprise?

• Chilliwack, PAU and Langley in the top 4.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Abbotsford's shite start, but hey the college kids are back.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Aldergrove laying an egg after last season's shocker?

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • ND Lions battling for top 4.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • BigBag has Poco playing some good football.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • GEU look to get relegated for 2 straight years!

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the Christmas break looming in a couple of weeks, here is the table thus far. The top 4 come as no real suprise, (IMO) but the fall from grace for Aldergrove and the re-surface of North Delta Lions could be the real shocker for us all. Abby have weathered the early part of the schedule and now have their "full" team and will certainly fancy themselves for a few upsets (ie) Chilliwack. GEU look to bottle the second chance the league gave them and may go down in history as the only team ever relegated from the same division 2 years on the trot. DMU are soo inconsistant, there young side could still surpise a few more times? Port Moody have also picked up a few players, so I wouldn't exactly count them out of the league just yet.

# Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Peace Arch Utd 12 8 3 1 37 14 27
2 Chilliwack Rapids 11 8 1 2 21 12 25
3 Poco City FC 12 8 0 4 31 14 24
4 Langley Utd 11 7 1 3 20 14 22
5 North Delta Lions 12 6 1 5 24 16 19
6 Abbotsford Mariners 12 6 1 5 24 33 19
7 Aldergrove Utd 12 3 2 7 15 24 11
8 Delta Metro Utd 12 2 3 7 14 26 9
9 GEU Knights 12 1 5 6 12 26 8
10 Port Moody Fury 12 1 1 10 11 30 4

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ave 2 say that would be the ultimate in embarrasment if GEU get relegated 2 on the trot. Not really possible is it but there u ave it.

Abby Delta metro and port moody r very similar in that they have young squads that will do well if they can stay together in the valley and not wander off to the blaze etc.

I thought langley would go on and win it all this year but after watching them self destruct in the 1st 10 min vs. the nation, I dunno! Perigine is a very talented player I must add.

ndl have got to be the most awkward team to play they don't really have a player that stands out but they are tough every week

pau to win the league but could be pushed by the baggettes.............:cool:

acbc as a dark horse 4 the pack:eek:

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Port Moody have also picked up a few players, so I wouldn't exactly count them out of the league just yet."

Port moody hasnt picked up any new guys... same boys that have been battling it out since day one... maybe we are getting better? i guess thats a good sign

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port moody hasnt picked up any new guys
I got that from 1/2 PINT, maybe it's just Abby aren't as good as he thinks? It could be he thinks every team picks up players after the college season is over? Maybe he just had too many full pints the other night? :rolleyes:

BTW, Perigine is a poof. Utah told me so! ;)

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Port Moody have also picked up a few players, so I wouldn't exactly count them out of the league just yet."

Port moody hasnt picked up any new guys... same boys that have been battling it out since day one... maybe we are getting better? i guess thats a good sign

I am just going off of what I was told....And there was alot of new faces from the first time we played. :confused:

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU look to bottle the second chance the league gave them and may go down in history as the only team ever relegated from the same division 2 years on the trot.

i could be wrong but i thought the waderbacks also did it a couple of years ago .... maybe its just a this side of the river thing:confused:

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
who ever thinks big bag is responsable for poco playing well is kidding themselves. chris bennet has them playing good soccer

Nickster

Nov 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got that from 1/2 PINT, maybe it's just Abby aren't as good as he thinks? It could be he thinks every team picks up players after the college season is over? Maybe he just had too many full pints the other night? :rolleyes:

BTW, Perigine is a poof. Utah told me so! ;)

It's Perugini...and i'm pretty sure he owned you during the 45 you played! Good game though...pau played tough in the back...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Nickster

posted by: Nickster
It's Perugini...and i'm pretty sure he owned you during the 45 you played! Good game though...pau played tough in the back...
Wind up! It is good to see you come on TTP and actually have a go back! ;)

Nickster

Nov 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wind up! It is good to see you come on TTP and actually have a go back! ;)

I've been told to be careful what I say on TTP towards you...because according to Hanson, you're one of the quickest guys in these forums and I could get torn apart. And yes I enjoy the banter...just for the record, Perugini isn't a poof!! Good luck this weekend...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I've been told to be careful what I say on TTP towards you...because according to Hanson, you're one of the quickest guys in these forums and I could get torn apart. And yes I enjoy the banter......

You guys have a TTP scout for this info??

WTF??

:D

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
watched poco and langley play last friday scappy game with some nice goals. conditions made it perty tough to play quality footy, the field was frosted and the ball moved very fast. in the end langley pulled out the victory on a nice goal. any predictions for this coming weekend ?

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I personally think the league is much better this year. Regardless of results, I have watched more good games this year. POCO and ABBY are two quality teams, Lions have come a long way although a bit flat when we saw them a couple weeks ago. As much as Aldergrove have slid, at least they are trying to play better soccer. Not sure they have the quality to play a good system and win consistently though. The work rate of Port Moody and DMU make these points hard to come by.

In the end I still think the Wack and PAU are the class, for two reasons. They are quality and they believe it. Langley is close but we need to find a 'Nation' swagger. We are in a far better state this year, with some veterans back which has instilled the team mentality back that was lacking last year.

Race for the top should be fun. I think all teams will drop some points which should keep it tight and hopefully contested right until week 18. Provincially speaking, top 3 right now have to have the edge, but POCO may get in if one of us slide and Abby is a dark horse to quietly move up.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with LFC123 in that the league is a bit more competitive and more teams are trying to actually play this year. Poco have shown the most improvement and play good football, probably the best we have come up against yet and Abby are much better than their record. I think what has made the difference this season is definately the coaching. Teams are starting to play more structured and within a system. Not so much man to man defence followed by a fast break kick and run offence. Hopefully some of us can compete with the VMSL and VISL in April.

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness......how come no poll question on wether or not... you will shed the wrist tape in the New Year ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0