Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Banter and results. Sept. 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tell you one thing: if business doesn't pick up here in this thread, you'll be seeing ADD FC write-ups- starting Tuesday- when we take on the mighty Cubs in the Mini field #6 home opener.

You've all been forwarned.

~Goating the rest of FVSL TTPers into some banter.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking and a first time, maybe second, but I completely agree with Crafty re the tactics. It worked. Will it next time or next week, I doubt it but who knows. Randy working within the rules, but, to continue the debate, how do those tactics do anything to improve the league. If that is what it comes to, i won't be running a team in the valley if at all. That was only a Premier game by name alone. I won't be able to sell it to the guys that this is a decent place to play for a season.
One game, and I would not be writing us off just yet, but a extremely frustrating and dissapointing game, not result, will always live with that, just not the spectacle. Where's Hleucka when you need him to piss on the Valley? Dude's not a bad second fiddle in the meantime, slippers and all.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are full of excuses...

Sounds like the coach did an excellent job.

You should be thumping teams that make that many subs...then you wouldnt complain.
Next thing you will be complinaing that they play English type soccer ...all long balls....

Embarrassing.

Beat them on the field.

I really doubt that making as many subs as they did will work in the long run. Sounds like you guys (your coach ) had no answer for their tactical changes.
Learn to adjust, or accept the loss.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems I goated Fil into a response...probably had something to do w/ my calling Italian soccer "chicken shite".

Which it is, of course. Forza.

Long live Zidane, Hargreaves is a thankless cnut, go ADD FC.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Seems I goated Fil into a response...probably had something to do w/ my calling Italian soccer "chicken shite".

Which it is, of course. Forza.

Long live Zidane, Hargreaves is a thankless cnut, go ADD FC.

Just trying to help keep the thread going...u can thank me later.

Rangers Rule...just ask me.

Z

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Shocking and a first time, maybe second, but I completely agree with Crafty re the tactics. It worked. Will it next time or next week, I doubt it but who knows. Randy working within the rules, but, to continue the debate, how do those tactics do anything to improve the league. If that is what it comes to, i won't be running a team in the valley if at all. That was only a Premier game by name alone. I won't be able to sell it to the guys that this is a decent place to play for a season.

I think first off, to improve the league, lets get teams who can actually get players for a game. Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly hate being on the good side of an 8-1 thrashing, but come on, what a joke.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley Storms Players????????

On a completely different topic.......Maybe I'm 3 steps behind but.........

Where did the likes of Sandro, Curtis, Big Mike, Kerr, etc. from Whalley move to?

Surely these guys are still playing but for which team(s) I'm not sure.......

Bueller........Bueller

4ST OUT!!!:bronco: :bronco:

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
LittleKeeper said:
I think first off, to improve the league, lets get teams who can actually get players for a game. Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly hate being on the good side of an 8-1 thrashing, but come on, what a joke.

ya gn needs to go.....i say we vote them out and make this their last season

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Whalley Storms Players????????

4STGMP said:
On a completely different topic.......Maybe I'm 3 steps behind but.........

Where did the likes of Sandro, Curtis, Big Mike, Kerr, etc. from Whalley move to?

Surely these guys are still playing but for which team(s) I'm not sure.......

Bueller........Bueller

4ST OUT!!!:bronco: :bronco:
I think they are playing in Div. 2 on the Langley Bandits. I think.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
well...week 2 is done.

onto week 3.

GN vs GEU (3-0)
POCO vs Aldergrove (2-1)
Chilliwack vs ND Lions (4-2)
Delta Metro vs Port Moody (1-0)
Langley vs Peace Arch (2-2)

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Whalley Storms Players????????

4STGMP said:

Curtis and Kerr are with the N.D. Lions. Not sure were Sandro went. There are a few other ex-Storm players with N.D. but i'm not sure who.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
....the tactic used, made available to him under the current rules of the league, was executed perfectly

Cheers

....sounds eerily reminiscent (sp?) of Bobby Clarke, no?

Also, please refrain from even REMOTELY comparing the tactics and play of Delta Metro, with the reigning World Cup Champions!

Now, back I go to the old-boy threads :D

~S

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only a 4 or 5 became Ass Bandits. Kerr, Waggie, Curtis, and Valcamp to Lions. Nolan to Rangers. McLellan to LUFC Prem, Johnny K to LUFC Masters. Mario and Pete to Olympic in VMSL. Others, not sure.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
....sounds eerily reminiscent (sp?) of Bobby Clarke, no?

Also, please refrain from even REMOTELY comparing the tactics and play of Delta Metro, with the reigning World Cup Champions!

Now, back I go to the old-boy threads :D

~S

Sorry Skip. Who is Bobby Clarke....? Was he the water boy for Marcello Lippi..:D

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Shocking and a first time, maybe second, but I completely agree with Crafty re the tactics.

That is at least twice in the last six months..!

Don't under estimate the power of the force LFC2...;)

On another note LFC2, its about time we took all the points in a game of you boys so don't feel so sorry for yourselves.

The first two seasons I coached we took maximum points off Langley and then the next four seasons we took 2 points out of 24....:(

Glad to see that monkey take a hike...:D

Goal!!!

Apr 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's sad to see GN like this. I want to give credit to GN's core players, I won't name names, everyone knows who they are. These players have been with the club since its beginning and come to every game; whether its away or home, rain or shine. To the players who tell the team that there coming to games and then don't show up I say go **** yourself, your all jokes and an embarresment to the club. Why is it so hard for you to come to an away game or to a game when it's cold. Either leave the club so new players can come and join, or get some balls and play every game, dont worry other teams won't bite. The worst thing you can do is say you'll be at the game and then not show up, that just screws the team over.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goal,

Why is this only a problem with GN? Other clubs seems to be able to get the commitment out of their players, why not GN?

Questions:

How often do you train, as a premier team?
What is the turn out?
Is there a system of accountability?

Seems to the outsider looking in that your entire club has the same problem, so I wonder if it is a case of the players being coddled too much coming up through the GN youth system, that by the time they get to the premier level, they are spoiled?

Honestly, what else can it be? Our Div. 1 Langley squad had 14 players out on Monday night during the monsoon, training as the pitch flooded. Our premier squad had about the same, and went longer. Seriously, there were ducks swimming past. The guys want to be out, don't mind the wet and rain, and know they have to earn PT in training. What about GN? If you keep babying the players coming up, guess what you get?

My 2 cents.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Regs,

Are you sure the propper verb isn't "to goat". As in:

I goat.
You goat.
He goats.
We goat.
Y'all goat.
They goat.

Past tense example: I goated . Future tense example: I will goat. Past conditional: I would have goated, had I known goating was allowed. Future conditional: I will goat, if you give me good reason!

Threat: don't make me goat you!

So many uses of the verb to goat.

I really am busy, you know.
goat get a life dink smacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars