Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2016/2017 - Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting, but it seems to me this will get in the way of ski season. Like is has for the past 37 years.
Dude is ready to go
stupid_sexy_flanders_by_thefightingmongooses-d36omio.png

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll bite...

1.) Agree 100%, been saying this for years, but an increase in referee pay now will only serve to draw over the better VMSL guys, which is to say, more of the same. It will take years as young referees stay with it to work up the levels to actually get to a spot where the pay is pretty good extra cash. As it is now, like pulling teeth to get former players to take it on, but some have.

2.) No idea what you mean here.
2.1) You just described about 1/3 of the FVSL, maybe more. You do know the league is predominantly based in Surrey, right?
2.2) What league doesn't have home & away matches? Honestly...
3.) I like the concept of the "apertura" and "clausura" tournaments. To the FVSL's credit, this has been done in years past, I remember being involved in a couple. I'm pretty sure it still happens, just don't know the exact format, and really don't care, actually.

In the VMSL threads you go on about collusion of big clubs vs. single entity teams, like yours. If this is a concern you have now, the FVSL is not going to make you feel better. The league is largely club based, and with that, erm...large...clubs. Not sure how many are Saudi owned, however...

Dude, You are a business person. You know that location, location, location and location means a lot. It is not the location per se but the cost of the transportation either for the consumer or the producers. Will a sign for a leauge that makes me play in Chilliwack? or Vice versa will Chilliwack players will come to West Vancouver regularly? No way. It will not happen. Yet for the development of soccer community it would be good for Chilliwack to play West Vancouver teams and viceversa.

You really do not think that the FVSL whether Premier or Division 1 would not benefit of playing Campo or Soccer Coach? Of course it would be mutually beneficial . How do you solve the issue? Get rid of the of the away and home format.

Like many apeture/clausura formats. You can play only once. The games can be in mid locations. You can have regular leagues and then cups or play off between the far locations. The idea is that teams from different areas would play with others once in a while, but most of the games would be in one of the near big turf complexes.
This way you get the best of both worlds.
Diminished travelling times, but the possibility of playing other regions.
Lets say for the sake of example. We will finish our first round on the VMSL. We finished first, so now we would play the top two teams from East FVSL, the top two from West FVSL, the top two from Richomond, the top two from BMSL.
This would make it a great season. We played in our area with less travelling and then we are playing the best from far away areas or different sections.

A greater Vancouver League is viable if a league (VMSL or FVSL) uses effectively the big turf complexes. (i.e. Burnaby Lake, Newton, Coquitlam, Minoru, etc).

Whoever has the vision to bring a league to every part of the Greater Vancouver area and then give options to play with other teams from other areas will be the most successful league. As I say, sometimes it gets boring. we just have Norvan and Rinos X3 as rivals. It would be nice to travel to meet a good team from another area.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, You are a business person. You know that location, location, location and location means a lot. It is not the location per se but the cost of the transportation either for the consumer or the producers. Will a sign for a leauge that makes me play in Chilliwack? or Vice versa will Chilliwack players will come to West Vancouver regularly? No way. It will not happen. Yet for the development of soccer community it would be good for Chilliwack to play West Vancouver teams and viceversa.

You really do not think that the FVSL whether Premier or Division 1 would not benefit of playing Campo or Soccer Coach? Of course it would be mutually beneficial . How do you solve the issue? Get rid of the of the away and home format.

Like many apeture/clausura formats. You can play only once. The games can be in mid locations. You can have regular leagues and then cups or play off between the far locations. The idea is that teams from different areas would play with others once in a while, but most of the games would be in one of the near big turf complexes.
This way you get the best of both worlds.
Diminished travelling times, but the possibility of playing other regions.
Lets say for the sake of example. We will finish our first round on the VMSL. We finished first, so now we would play the top two teams from East FVSL, the top two from West FVSL, the top two from Richomond, the top two from BMSL.
This would make it a great season. We played in our area with less travelling and then we are playing the best from far away areas or different sections.

A greater Vancouver League is viable if a league (VMSL or FVSL) uses effectively the big turf complexes. (i.e. Burnaby Lake, Newton, Coquitlam, Minoru, etc).

Whoever has the vision to bring a league to every part of the Greater Vancouver area and then give options to play with other teams from other areas will be the most successful league. As I say, sometimes it gets boring. we just have Norvan and Rinos X3 as rivals. It would be nice to travel to meet a good team from another area.

Nothing to do with location. Maybe 20 years ago perhaps. You can get your self from Vancouver to Abby in under an hour and really your doing it once or twice a year at most. If you do decide to leave your arrogant bubble and grow a pair you should try it. Or perhaps one of us Alienated red necks from the Valley will take the gun off the rack of our trucks and pop it for you.

Get yourself a niche product and customer will follow no matter where you end up. Neither League has much to offer the other

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJCAAAAJDY3YTI1ZmIwLTQ0ZWYtNDM1Yi1hNDJjLWQyMzM2MzQ5OTlmNg.jpg

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing to do with location. Maybe 20 years ago perhaps. You can get your self from Vancouver to Abby in under an hour and really your doing it once or twice a year at most. If you do decide to leave your arrogant bubble and grow a pair you should try it. Or perhaps one of us Alienated red necks from the Valley will take the gun off the rack of our trucks and pop it for you.

Get yourself a niche product and customer will follow no matter where you end up. Neither League has much to offer the other

View attachment 16934
I would beg to differ. Transportation stills plays a role. You can ask players if they enjoy travelling to games to Surrey. The answer is always the same. No, No, and No, unless they know that it is going to be a good game.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would beg to differ. Transportation stills plays a role. You can ask players if they enjoy travelling to games to Surrey. The answer is always the same. No, No, and No, unless they know that it is going to be a good game.

Perhaps but I'd bet its a select few whom don't drive or Don't own a car that have their money tied yup in 2500.00/month 500 sqf lofts and wear man purses and rely on our transit system to get them out of the bubble. Or in your case its probably an ankle Bracelet that keeps you close

Oct 31, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm.... If only there was a tournament once a year for top teams from all three leagues to play each other, perhaps to determine the top team in BC. shite, we could even find out the top team in Canada...

I mean, I think we have some sort of National tournament, but from looking at the results it doesn't seem like a BC team showed up this year.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm.... If only there was a tournament once a year for top teams from all three leagues to play each other, perhaps to determine the top team in BC. shite, we could even find out the top team in Canada...

I mean, I think we have some sort of National tournament, but from looking at the results it doesn't seem like a BC team showed up this year.
Exactly. This what people do not get. There are very good teams in the greater vancouver area. Too bad that they rarely play with each other. For example, last year Rinos Tigers and Norvan were a waste of time for the top VMSL teams. I am sure that other top teams could have played with them.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look forward to the day the you write something intelligent...

Pretty sure we been over this already. Read the name. We are known for our looks. I dont pretend to be some thing Im not. Perhaps one day the light bulb will flicker long enough for you to realise that for the sake of your self. Then maybe just maybe you will build up enough credibilty to gain enough respect so that someone will actually give u the time of day and take you and your opinion seriously. Sadly until then you will just be that guy coaching a div 2 vmsl soccer team from an amatuer league in a Country ranked 130th in the world. Go getem Rino Tiger

Last edited:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting concept this interlocking of leagues...
Yeah not bad actually. Love the Valley though, I can play my home games at Bonson Farm, away games at Flanders Barn in Whistler and be back on the buggy to ford the Fraser in a fortnight. Just hope I don't die of dysentery on the way.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you play in the valley? Sounds like youre travelling the Oregon Trail! Hopefully your buggy doesnt sink and all your oxen die. How would you ever be expected to make it to play the coveted tigers if that happened?!

Oregon Trail. Probably the best teacher i had through out 5 of my school years. I remeber like it was yesterday crotching a school copy of that game to bring home and load on my Apple 2 GS. Wish they had usb keys back then. Kids got it so easy these days.

Last edited:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back on topic. There is a nice slab of land running right down the number i from slurrey to abby. Perfect for light rail

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't gonna say a thing but regretably I must. All this vmsl fvsl is brutal. The top div 1 teams in van would be top 4 in valley. Delta won the league went to van div 1 and came third and t hey were a good valley team when they left. There is the proof. If they made a so called dream league like soccer coach wants not sure his div 1 team would be selected to be in it. Get into van prem then talk. delta was good and won the league and went to div1 with that league winning team. fcuk your thoughts of playing a top fvsl team to see how good you are. You wanna play one of them then make provincials. Fvsl give money for winning league van doesn't. soccer coach and this campo or whatever. If you wanna play other teams win the imperial cup make provincials and play some high caliber teams. Your success to play quality teams is up to how good your team is. Prove that u deserve it.

Last edited:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't gonna say a thing but regretably I must. All this vmsl fvsl is brutal. The top div 1 teams in van would be top 4 in valley. Delta won the league went to van div 1 and came third and t hey were a good valley team when they left. There is the proof. If they made a so called dream league like soccer coach wants not sure his div 1 team would be selected to be in it. Get into van prem then talk. delta was good and won the league and went to div1 with that league winning team. fcuk your thoughts of playing a top fvsl team to see how good you are. You wanna play one of them then make provincials.

Post more often please but yer still a prick

Oct 31, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't gonna say a thing but regretably I must. All this vmsl fvsl is brutal. The top div 1 teams in van would be top 4 in valley. Delta won the league went to van div 1 and came third and t hey were a good valley team when they left. There is the proof. If they made a so called dream league like soccer coach wants not sure his div 1 team would be selected to be in it. Get into van prem then talk. delta was good and won the league and went to div1 with that league winning team. fcuk your thoughts of playing a top fvsl team to see how good you are. You wanna play one of them then make provincials. Fvsl give money for winning league van doesn't. soccer coach and this campo or whatever. If you wanna play other teams win the imperial cup make provincials and play some high caliber teams. Your success to play quality teams is up to how good your team is. Prove that u deserve it.
If a top Div 1 VMSL team would be a top 4 Prem valley team then with that logic a top half VMSL Prem team would likely run away with the FVSL title... How's the Prodigal Son Surrey United doing?

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And this is why I didn't wanna post. Not sure if u just chirp on here or if you actually get out and watch local soccer. The Surrey team that transferred over is not the Surrey team of 2 years ago that played prem in vmsl. Younger kids, different team. I'm done, back to reading cause I hate trying to teach these chimps how to screw in the lightbulb....get out and watch various leagues and div's then sort it out in your own mind.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
And this is why I didn't wanna post. Not sure if u just chirp on here or if you actually get out and watch local soccer. The Surrey team that transferred over is not the Surrey team of 2 years ago that played prem in vmsl. Younger kids, different team. I'm done, back to reading cause I hate trying to teach these chimps how to screw in the lightbulb....get out and watch various leagues and div's then sort it out in your own mind.

Two years ago? Surrey United was in VMSL prem last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0