Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL New Divisional Alignment

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I hear the top 5 prem teams in each league are decent (VMSL, VISL, FVSL) and the rest are not much competition in comparrison (quite a few people are saying this). So I understand keeping the prem's small because there obviously isn't a huge amount of talented soccer players playing in BC.

Getting the decent players all playing in 1 league - now that would be a step forward.

I think all this new alignment will do is force the good players who are playing at a lower standard to leave their current club and play in a higher division for another team, as gaining promotion is now going to take longer.

I just don't understand why division 1 should be split? The guys at the bottom didn't seem to struggle as much as the bottom few in the prem???? I understand the system has been a mess, but this isn't exactly a hard reset, it seems like another quick fix that will need to be addressed again later...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting the decent players all playing in 1 league - now that would be a step forward.

Agree 100%; good idea. Somebody should try and do that.

:D

I think all this new alignment will do is force the good players who are playing at a lower standard to leave their current club and play in a higher division for another team, as gaining promotion is now going to take longer.

I agree, and you know what? That is what will happen, and what should happen. It will push some players out who otherwise would not have been pushed out. It will mean guys can't hold on to playing into their 30's as easily as they used to.

The Prem division needs to evolve into a younger, stronger, more skilled crop of players. This will help that process.

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree 100%; good idea. Somebody should try and do that.

BCPL? ;)

I don't think it's productive for players to float from team to team more than they already do though. Personally, I would rather play for a team that has stuck together and knows how each other plays, and progressed up the leagues than have to go and join a team and take a chance for a year that I would click with those players etc..

We shall see in time I suppose :)

How long until the team with the most money wins everything??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See, that's part of the problem now. The indy team system does not promote long term sustainability or quality. The club system does.

The jump from Div. 1 to Prem right now is huge. Any team over the past ten years making that jump HAD to retool to stay in the division long term. If they didn't, they found themselves stuck in mediocrity, or back down in 1st. What you want is both the quality of both divisions improving, and the quality gap to close.

The nature of the beast should be that the cream rises to the top...and unfortunately, that will mean the better players will need to make a choice about their playing priorities.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, but I am thinking: what percentage of teams that move up to the English premier league from the Championship stay up? I am just wondering if successfully re-tooling the fvsl would result in div.1 winners being immediately able to compete well in prem? Acbc did well in their jump to prem as did port moody. Is a retooling of the league meant to funnel the best players to the top teams in div. 1 and then hopefully on to prem? I know this has already been discussed. I just think good teams will stay and fight in div1A next year but I have seen some great players on bad div.1 teams who may just want to stay and play with their friends if relegated to div.1B or div 2.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As I said, it's all about playing priorities. The current system "keeps the dream alive" of a team moving up as one. The reality is, clubs should build themselves up to have strength in all divisions, and tallent coming up through the pipeline...as well as through player movement.

And you know what? Ghouse will tell you they deffinitely added tallent to prepare for premier. Same with Port Moody. Wagner did it years ago w/ LUFC. ;)

It's no great secret formula.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well since I was Emailed along with everyone in the league the new League Divisional Alignment , I guess we can Now talk about it...
The gag order has been lifted...LOL.
So what do you think.

10 Premier (1down)
10 Div 1 (1 up 2 down)
10 Div 2 (2 up 2 down)
2 X 10 (east,west) Div 3 (1 up 2 down)
4 X 10 (east,west,north,south) Div 4 (1 up).

I like it. Makes the divisions stronger for sure.
A few Egos will be bruised , But really.... Earn your spot now and prove you are supposed to be at that level.

Obviously teams will drop out here and there. So you can still apply to move up faster to fill those spots.

But other than that it keeps the league bottom heavy and lets the cream rise to the top.

I guess the real question everyone is thinking is ..how do we figuar out who goes where.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well since I was Emailed along with everyone in the league the new League Divisional Alignment , I guess we can Now talk about it...
The gag order has been lifted...LOL.
So what do you think.

10 Premier (1down)
10 Div 1 (1 up 2 down)
10 Div 2 (2 up 2 down)
2 X 10 (east,west) Div 3 (1 up 2 down)
4 X 10 (east,west,north,south) Div 4 (1 up).

I like it. Makes the divisions stronger for sure.
A few Egos will be bruised , But really.... Earn your spot now and prove you are supposed to be at that level.

Obviously teams will drop out here and there. So you can still apply to move up faster to fill those spots.

But other than that it keeps the league bottom heavy and lets the cream rise to the top.

I guess the real question everyone is thinking is ..how do we figuar out who goes where.

I understand how this is going to work once we are there and I think it's a great idea. But, I don't see how we are going to get there. There's 20 teams in div 1 right now. Someone explain this

gt5

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
There 16 in div 1 right now.
Top 10 stay in div 1.
Bottom 6 drop to div 2. First place in div 2 a,b,c get to stay in div 2. 1 misc team makes div 2 dont know where it comes from.
Bottom 6 six in 2 a,b,c make div 3. 2 misc teams make div 3
Rest make div 4

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Essentially the 6 relegated Div.2 teams this year will drop to the new Div.4, the Top 4 or 5 finishing Div.2 teams will stay in the new Div.2, and the rest around 20 Div.2 teams will make up the new Div.3. But you will also have some teams folding, so teams staying in Div.2 and in Div.3 could increase.

Overall, the new alignment will help and help to churn out quality. But egos will definitely be bruised. Even a second place finishing Div.2 team could be relegated to Div.3 this year if their points total isn't high enough. And the relegated Div.2 teams go straight to Div.4.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There 16 in div 1 right now.
Top 10 stay in div 1.
Bottom 6 drop to div 2. First place in div 2 a,b,c get to stay in div 2. 1 misc team makes div 2 dont know where it comes from.
Bottom 6 six in 2 a,b,c make div 3. 2 misc teams make div 3
Rest make div 4

Thanks

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few bruised ego's might not be a bad thing!

I just hope I'm here next season to see the new alignment in action!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So here we go.

FVSL website has provisional alignments up and it's very much as expected leaving last year.

a few things of note:
1. ACBC is now being called Surrey FC Athletic Club.
2. All GEU Teams are appearing as North Fraser Selects, North Fraser Selects Inter, etc...
3. All divisions have 10 teams save the 2nd division (third tier) of Masters having 7 teams, including a 10 team U-21!

I REALLY like the new alignment. It makes for home/away vs. Every team in the division in an 18 game schedule.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
So here we go.

FVSL website has provisional alignments up and it's very much as expected leaving last year.

a few things of note:
1. ACBC is now being called Surrey FC Athletic Club.
2. All GEU Teams are appearing as North Fraser Selects, North Fraser Selects Inter, etc...
3. All divisions have 10 teams save the 2nd division (third tier) of Masters having 7 teams, including a 10 team U-21!

I REALLY like the new alignment. It makes for home/away vs. Every team in the division in an 18 game schedule.

thanks for the heads up JBN! seems weird not seeing a mission team in any divisions. I see the league promoted a few teams from the previous div 3 (pheonix for example) and relegated some of the teams who didn't finish bottom. My only arguement would be abby sc should be in div2 instead of marga, and i had heard they were. So unless i was missinformed or the league decided against it i can't understand why they wouldn't be, cause imo it would only make div 2 stronger. Other than that i agree with JBN, good job fvsl!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0