Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the Ballsacks are up to more sly moves.New player signings for the wed. night match when I can hardly field a team.Oh well I can only hope we get all eleven guys out or the ten I know are coming are going to be in tough.Sometimes playing against ten men is a tough task we will see

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best to put this out there so you all can make comment. South Delta lost to Aldergrove 1-0 on Sunday, and we were lucky to have not lost by a lot more. The goal that Aldergrove scored with 10 minutes left, probably wasn't one of their top five scoring opportunities of the game. We had a lot of possession, but did not generate a ton of offense from it. It would be easy to blame not having some of our top players, or it being the second game of the weekend for us, but that really would do a disservice to the game that Aldergrove played. They were full value for the win.

Don't know what it is about playing on the road this year, but we suck. Our road record in all competitions is 3 Wins (one by default), 5 losses, and 2 ties (if we count the Cup loss in PKs as a tie). Our home record is 8 wins, 0 losses and 1 tie.

So now it looks like what was to be a fairly meaningless game against the Champs this Saturday (now that they & White Rock are in the Cup final) still has meaning to us as we probably need a point to ensure fourth place. Too bad that our game has to happen now, with the game meaningless for them and us missing lots of guys due to Spring Break. We take a small measure of pride in the fact that we are the only team that the Champs haven't beaten yet, and would have liked the "best on best" battle that would have taken place if the game had been played when it was originally scheduled.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe South Delta already has the forth spot tied up ? The game is meaningless to both teams it appears.

The Castilians have half their team away on vacation for the spring break,some of them lucky enough to be in Mexico,so will be relying on Poco Dominion to supply a few players for us.

Good bunch of lads in that South Delta team.

Good luck in the Provincials to both teams

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frank, Bernie has been with us since Christmas. If you couldn't field a team for Wednesday why did you agree to the game?
The league would have let us play a six point game on Saturday. Whatever. If we go up you can have our spot anyway.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe I was wrong,if The Castilians beat South Delta,Delta United and South Delta would have to play off for 4th spot and the winner sneaking in the back door again like last year.

With both the Castilians and South Delta missing loads of players,it's anyones game.

heanjob you might still be in !!

husdog

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is my second post ever on TTP (insert piss take here).

I've played for the AB's this year (sorry, I mean the Ballsacks). I've also played 4 games when the Langley prem team was short (missing an important AB game and pissing off most of my team mates), a bunch of games for the Div. 2 team (and signing for them for their cup run), and even one game to help out the Athletics. What's my point? I'm a Langley club guy first, and a team guy second.

So notwithstanding all the conspiracy theories coming from both sides, it's all a little disappointing frankly. Yes, both teams want to win the league (if Temple hasn't already done so), but I do wonder how much forethought has gone into the implications of winning. In other words, assuming one of the Langley teams advances to the MP division next year, I wonder if there will be any ramifications from the tension this year. Will some guys change squads to go up, and ignore some of the bad blood? Some will, but I think some won't. That's not good for the team's chances next year, and by extension, the Langley club.

Take shots at my argument, fine, but some of the shite this year borders on being comical. I take it as serious as anyone, but it is masters first division gentlemen. There are a lot of friends on both teams, and I do hope most of this shite will be behind us by the summer.

Chuck Keeling

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chucky,

#1: This site is called TTP. At best, you can take 33.8% of what's written here to the bank.

#2: You've been around us enough to know it isn't about promotion. Hell, if we even earn the spot, we're completely divided on going up. I'd venture to say most guys wouldn't.

Plain and simple, petitioning the league for a change in any game was sold as being a dire situation, but is smells of something else. More than anything, we had a nice bar-b-q planned for Saturday night, it was cancelled, and we were pissed. Playing on a Wednesday night? Seriously, who wants to do that?

And to be clear, all of it is deffinitely comical. No border.

Bully, all pisstaking aside, I think the league would have ended up w/ some angry members had this become a single game 6-pointer. One result either way would be deemed "unfair" by other teams battling for the spots, and they'd have a point. The league itself is probably best off having the two games played.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chuck, time to change your tampon. 6 point game is just plain dumb, EVEN Dude can see that (and he is a thick as anyone).

Hopefully that was 2 posts for you, 2nd and Last.

husdog

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strange. I didn't say anything about a six point game. Two games makes more sense to me than one. I have changed my tampon, now time for you to change your glasses.

browncrow

Nov 11, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
if there's a cup thread, my apologies but i will throw it down now so there's no mistaking it. poco will get shut out in the cup final, bored will leave the game early due to ineffectiveness(too slow to pick up on any jtl flicks, grass will be too heavy for him to last a full 90) and JTL, well, i'll take care of him. won;t be easy but he's too predictable(turn cut onto the right and shoot from anywhere, or hold up and look to give and go)ole red-eye richie will most likely get carded out of the game. i say 2-0 WRU.

did i forget to mention this all depends on if theres nice weather, cuz if it's cold all bets are off

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say you are probably right browncow, we are living in the past. Scoring goals has been an issue for us all season and defensively we are suspect.

Congatulations on winning the league as you predicted and congratulations in advance for winning the cup.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
if there's a cup thread, my apologies but i will throw it down now so there's no mistaking it. poco will get shut out in the cup final, bored will leave the game early due to ineffectiveness(too slow to pick up on any jtl flicks, grass will be too heavy for him to last a full 90) and JTL, well, i'll take care of him. won;t be easy but he's too predictable(turn cut onto the right and shoot from anywhere, or hold up and look to give and go)ole red-eye richie will most likely get carded out of the game. i say 2-0 WRU.

did i forget to mention this all depends on if theres nice weather, cuz if it's cold all bets are off

Don't forget the wind! Windy day.. 3-0 WRU

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

You are definately favorites to win it browncrow !!!!! after beating Poco Dominion 4-2 your confidence must be high !!! LOL

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Husdog I already suggested that both Langley teams work together to make a competitive premier team next year and Dude said after having a long chat with tupper things are in the works.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Husdog I already suggested that both Langley teams work together to make a competitive premier team next year and Dude said after having a long chat with tupper things are in the works.

I think the only conversation I've ever had w/ you is when you came over to me to complain about my tackle on you.

Which occured right before I scored on you.

When you should have been marking me.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe I was just thanking you for the broken pinkie toe. You saved me from having to run in the second half.

Fat Monkey told me he coached you when you were young so I took that to mean you couldn't possibly kick a ball straight enough to score a goal so I didn't need to mark you. I didn't know it meant he was on the take and was going to pass you the ball. I believe there was a picture emailed to our team that has dude and monkey holding hands. Friends forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0