Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents seeing how the AllBlacks are getting slammed in the last few days. We told the Athletics that we couldn't field a team a week ago for a Saturday night game at 7:00pm. However, we could play Friday anytime, Saturday at 5:00pm or anytime on Sunday. Knowing that the Athletics said "tough shite, deal with it!" The game was rescheduled due to a snow storm and for any team to lose a rescheduled game due to lack of bodies would not be right.
The league rescheduled all cup games because of the Whitecaps opener so why wouldn't they for this important game. We offered to play a six point match next Saturday but the Athletics Top Brass said no thanks.

I hope all this squawking is just typical TTP trash talk. There are lots of mates on both teams and the AllBlacks are missing all of our Premier signings from last year. May the best team win and the pints be cold after the match. I'll be boarding at SunPeaks but you'll all have the opportunity to stick in the welly next Saturday. Up yer kilt Robj.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Ball Sacks are a bunch of deadbeats and deserve to lose the points, I'm serious.

Bully B or Bully Bull sihit.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You would think that if the game was postponed to create fairness for the teams missing players due to the gravity of whats at stake then the Athletics should be able to postpone past wednesday to ensure this fairness.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the league is worried about getting the games in, let the Allblacks play their makeup agains Delta instead and let the rematch between the Langleys take place the week Allblacks were supposed to play Delta giving both teams plenty of time to ensure all their players can make it

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truth is that this is getting stupid, and this is what Frank gets for being a good guy and accomodating the Ballsacks. You know it Bully, so go piss up a rope. You don't see the internal e-mails- as soon as it was rescheduled, the distress calls started coming in...guys on vacation for spring break mostly, many of whom postponed their trips to play saturday.

So, seriously...Roxy, happy birthday. Hope it was a good one.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And we may have the same issues now for Wednesday. Ironic, innit?

You know Bully, for the last two years all teams have been told to play on the scheduled day. I remember a game last year we trudged out to effing south Surrey with only 11, two guys fighting a bad flu, and played the second half w/ 9. It didn't even occure to us to ask for a postponement. We all make sacrifices as a team. We had guys bend over effing backwards just so we could field a full squad for Saturday. Literally changed vacation plans. We made it happen. You guys didn't. I'm not quite as sympathetic as Frank...why should we give you a pass because you can't get your shite together? It's complete BS and you know it. But hey, now you can have guys play because they aren't busy at their birthday dinners. Good for you.

Anyhow, would have been a magic night to play last night, too bad.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So bully, your serious enough about the points to reschedule twice but not serious enough to change your plans to play it?

Good thing is, it doesn't affect any other teams plans except yer own.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's unofficially official. Temple can now celebrate the div. 1 title after a 3 - 0 drubbing of Peace Arch FC. Although there are still games to be played, the only way for this not to happen is if they somehow drop points to North Delta while the All-Blacks win out. Even if the All-Blacks win all three of their games, they can only tie Gurp's Guerillas. If Temple beat North Delta, the Lords cannot catch them, so they're out, although they can still finish second.

Congrats Temple. While these well-wishes may be a bit premature, you deserve it. You were the class of div. 1 this year.:cool:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After watching Dominion last night agains WR I'd say the top 4 teams from Div 1 will be much better suited for Premier than the current bottom 3 in Premier.
Hopefully this makes for more, more competitive games next year.

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every team knows when their scheduled games are at the beginning of the season and should plan accordingly. Just sayin.......

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If our forwards could score instead of us having to get goals from our midfield maybe we would still be playing. Just saying.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fairness, this game has be postponed twice due to snow. That said, all teams know they have to roll w/ the punches so far as the schedule. What's the point of being a home team and setting a field time that works best for your team if the other team is just going to have a moan at the league, and eventually get their way? Again, in the end, Frank accommodated the request, but it's not working out for us at all right now. Whatever- we're playing Wednesday, will be a great match.

Woodsy, on to more important issues...how the hell does it happen that Jay actually hit the target twice (never mind the keeper couldn't save these forays on goal), and you went home w/ a bagle? WTF, was the match played in Bizzaro world? That's almost as humiliating as that time Fat Monkey served up a juicy clearance to my left peg and I scored. That was awesome.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SErved up another for their first goal. That Monkey sure is generous on that field?
Yes, I did make a wee bit of an error on their first goal last night, but come on, my pass to Dude was World Class.

The damn park is cursed.:mad:

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sometimes I just like to play a supporting role. Ummm ya that's my story and im sticking to it. Jay was the roamer and probably the only guy that could make a 50 yard run forward and still get back before the end of the game. I felt bad for white rock and wanted to keep it close. Didnt realize that STD would let them score twice at the end. Lack of communication I guess.

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
We did only play with one up front for the first half so it was kinda hard to pass to myself and beat the 4 defenders. Just sayin........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0