Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I got some clarification from old Frank. He's not inclined to post, being a humble man. A really, really old & humble man.

My understanding...

On Tuesday, the Ballsacks contacted the league and advised that they could not field a team for Saturday. We'd also heard Roxy had a birthday party and couldn't make it, so most of our instincts cried out "BS". That being said, the ultimatum was put out there: either postpone or deal w/ a forfeit. The league contacted Frank, and Frank agreed to postpone. Why? Regardless of wanting to go up (should we earn it), we want to win the division, being as close as we all are. But in doing so, we want to win it on merit, not forfeit.

So Frank agreed to postpone to Wednesday, and play again Saturday. He's a good man, that Frank.

Ironically, we're deep into number problems for Wednesday. Nobody ever told Frank that nice guys finish last. Yes, we did have some of the boys move their plans Saturday in order to get a line-up. We would have been very tight as it is, but now we may not even have subs, or could be short.

It's a piss-off, but hey, those are the cards dealt. Either win on forfeit, or win on the pitch. We all love the game- so let's field our best on Wednesday and Saturday, and may the best team win. Woodsy…I’ll admit I like the concept of a single game double-pointer, but you are correct- too many possible outcomes and point implications to play only one. It has to be two games.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW- although I outed the league a bit earlier in this thread, turns out they'd been squeaky clean on this, just trying to resolve an unwinnable scenario.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This may help to explain your lack of finish on the weekend.

Hello are you trying to say there is a conspiracy?

I am not sure what it is,but why doesn't the league just let Peace Arch and Temple play out their remaining games and then let the Langley teams decide if they want to play again ;).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps...I swear on Utha's subscription to the LuLuLemon Catalogue that at least 50% of that stuff is maybe true.

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So our game is wednesday night. Is that what ur saying STD? Don't think peace arch will beat temple and the TWO langley games should be really competitive with what's on the line.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure what it is,but why doesn't the league just let Peace Arch and Temple play out their remaining games and then let the Langley teams decide if they want to play again ;).

I agree hello the Langley club should be able to decide which team goes up.

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frankly speaking here,Wednesday is looking really bad for us Athletics.We are missing our top striker,#1 keeper,sweeper,best mid,we have many injuries and fielding a team will be very tough,those who will play have injuries and if we lose anyone during the game will have to play short as we will have no subs,Bored,JTL can you you help out with the rest of this?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Makes sense. If ballsacks win the club gets $200 and if th assletics win the club gets $100. Good call frank plus this means bored won't get kicked in the nuts next year.

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
U can have STD. He spends more time during the game kicking to the other team anyway so he should fit in well. Sid might be available too - I hear he is up for goal of the year.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frankly speaking here,Wednesday is looking really bad for us Athletics.We are missing our top striker,#1 keeper,sweeper,best mid,we have many injuries and fielding a team will be very tough,those who will play have injuries and if we lose anyone during the game will have to play short as we will have no subs,Bored,JTL can you you help out with the rest of this?

Good thing you agreed to get the game postponed............:rolleyes:. Correct me if I am wrong but why would a team postpone a game knowing they will be struggling for guys?? The reasoning does seem odd. Can't be a hidden agenda of any sort..... could it????

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am just saying its odd a team would agree to postpone a game when they knew they would be short players on the newly scheduled gameday (especially when their players had gone out of their way to make sure they would be there on the initially scheduled gameday). Doesn't seem logical is all. I suppose its open to interpretation..........

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes show up Wednesday
yeh show up wednesday at half time & get ur usual 15 minutes at the end of the match,speaking of matches ur face & my arse
oh yeh YOUR SISTER:eek::eek:;)

ON A SERIOUS NOTE ............good luck to poco ,temple,athletice & the wanksacks!!
thanks for the good matches on the green stuff,I will have to give it to temple, turbins off to em......those guys got rythm & hats off the the lords the better team in the league,snowman good job with ur crew,sid ur the best:rolleyes:
std I love you mate....but also think ur a wanker
taco ...my little burrito...you were the best mexican in the league till i had some enpenadas made from dudes little mexicans(habanero boy)

good luck the rest of the way lads

ps : gurps tell ur right full back he is a pussy:D:D:D:D:D

sidthehillbilly:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0