Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that we've had a weekend of Cup Battles (with no real surprises:(), now we get back to league play with some interesting match ups taking place, particularly in 1st div.

Premier
Poco Castilians vs. Chilliwack-Mission
The Castilians wrap up the premier division with an easy win over the Missing Whack.

North Delta Alumni A vs. White Rock
The Rock tries to keep ahead of the Dragons and South Delta by winning this one.

Aldergrove vs. South Delta
Seriously?

Abby Brickmen vs. Delta United
Abby crashes down to earth after an improbable victory over PAU last week.

Peace Arch Dragons vs. Peace Arch United
The South Surrey derby will be a bit one-sided this weekend.

1st Division
Poco Dominion vs. Surrey Heat
A little too much to expect the Heat to extend their winning streak this weekend.

PMSC Saints vs. SFC Caps
The slide continues for the Saints.

LUFC Athletics vs. LUFC All Blacks ***tie*** MOTW
The other top div. 1 teams are hoping for this result. This will be a battle.

South Surrey vs. FV Athletic
The Athletic are reeling after their loss to the powerhouse that is Surrey Heat two weeks ago.

Peace Arch FC vs GEU Thunder ***tie***
Two hard working teams try and best one another - and cannot.

Temple United vs. North Delta Alumni B
Temple proves too much for an improving NDU squad.

DFC and Peace Arch Rangers have the weekend off.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Athletics vs. LUFC All Blacks ***tie*** MOTW
The other top div. 1 teams are hoping for this result. This will be a battle.

Epic Battle.

Iron Chef Frank and his Culinary Arts Team vs. Bartender BullyB and his band of bicep laden pint pullers working Marty Middleton's most excellent cooler.

Urp.

Saga Boy

Dec 23, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm predicting that two Poco teams will be at Mattoe's Gelato Friday night, due to freezing temperatures and of course for some excellent Gelato!

Also, looking forward to the results of the Langley Derby! That will be a real battle.

George Best

Feb 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincial berths in premier are still up for grabs. Top 3 teams receiving automatic berth.

Poco 41 points 3 games remaining vs Mission, WRU, South Delta. Max = 50 points
WRU 36 points 2 games remaining vs NDA, Poco. Max = 42 points
PA Dragons 32 points 2 games remaining vs PAU, Abby. Max = 38 points
South Delta 26 points 5 games remaining vs PAU, PAU, Chilliwack, Ald., Poco. Max = 41 points.

Poco likely to win league. WRU almost guaranteed to clinch second. 3rd is up for grabs with PAD winning out totalling 38 points. South Delta likely to win at least 4 of their last 5 giving them 38 points. Their last game vs Poco which will mean nothing to Poco. Poco will likely sit players resting them for cup play giving South Delta the edge. South Delta therefore likely to finish 3rd and clinch the automatic berth.

In that case, Dragons or one of the top 4 teams would have to win the cup. If Delta wins the cup, which they could, Delta would qualify and Dragons would be out.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Richmond Dragons,I mean PA Dragons got into the FVSL Master Premier somehow,playing out of Richmond,thinking for sure they would walk away with the league.Totally underestimating the Mighty Castilians.

The Castilians will wrap up the league title for the 2nd year in a row on Friday when they trounce the Mission lads.(If they show up)

definition: trounced, trounc·ing. 1. to beat severely; thrash. 2. to punish. 3. to defeat decisively

Poco Dominion have a very good chance to get promoted into The Premier Division.The team have really helped out the Castilians this year when they have been short bodies.The Castilians would miss this help next season for sure.

Everyone to Matts Friday,would love to be there.Good luck to both Poco teams.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 motw is definitely the farmers bowl with the winner earning the right to stuff the turkey, the duck and the chicken, the loser gets to eat them at dudes next turducken party.

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Langley Derby will not end up in a tie as it does us no good to tie we must win.Therefore it will be an all out go for it effort to win.We will either lose by two or win by two_On a more important topic"The Menu" we have Prime rib,pork ribs,chicken,pork tenderloin,pasta salad.It's only monday the menu will grow all week long

For those interested the Lords will be accepting resumes for the upcoming 2011-2012 season

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman, Richmond is as much part of the Fraser Valley as Delta. What's your point?

I hope that the Mighty Castilians fall flat on their faces come provincials. Oh wait, how would that be possible with such inflated heads?

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman, Richmond is as much part of the Fraser Valley as Delta. What's your point?

I hope that the Mighty Castilians fall flat on their faces come provincials. Oh wait, how would that be possible with such inflated heads?

Tuna,don't worry about it !!!!!!!! It's just a game.

Like JTL always says to the boys.......... "win or lose lads,its just a game,go out and have some fun"

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuna,don't worry about it !!!!!!!! It's just a game.

Like JTL always says to the boys.......... "win or lose lads,its just a game,go out and have some fun"
just like the two games Richmond played against poco

Flat!!!!!!!!

Please don't be confused
Poco is the gvrd
Richmond is gvrd too
But we is White out here ....the odd Mexican or two
You lot is non White

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 5 - Mission 0
Would have rather played this one out but they've decided to forfeit.
Someone!..... if they played could have racked up another 5 goals against another shite team
I think jtl & the wTchman
Both should get a golden boot trophy
Ahh Fuk it give one to Georgie best too:eek:

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's really too bad about the forfeit. Clinching the league title on a forfeit is not the way we wanted to do it. For the record Sid, I have not scored more than 3 goals in any one game this year. We try not to run the score up too much nowadays. But that's going to change if by chance you get by Poco which is doubtful and we get by Delta. If we draw each other in the semis, no holding back sid - score will be in double digits.

JTL

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to The Mighty Castilians for winning the league in consecutive years.

Too bad about the forfeit tonight,not sure what happened to the Mission team,they were very strong last year,making the final of the cup.

Rumor has it that they won't be fielding a team next year,and with Aldergrove and the Brickmen more suited to Div 1,it will be interesting to see what happens.

Maybe a Langley team,Dominion and Razorbacks for doing well in the cup, will come up to Premier.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently Yoda has his name on 2 of those 5 goals,and with JTL already hitting 35 on the season,and out injured,the other 3 go to DD,Big Scotty and Sancho.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently Yoda has his name on 2 of those 5 goals,and with JTL already hitting 35 on the season,and out injured,the other 3 go to DD,Big Scotty and Sancho.

5 - 0 for Castilians... that's a great result for Mission! They must be thrilled! They should have forfeited more often this season... wankers...

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's really too bad about the forfeit. Clinching the league title on a forfeit is not the way we wanted to do it. For the record Sid, I have not scored more than 3 goals in any one game this year. We try not to run the score up too much nowadays. But that's going to change if by chance you get by Poco which is doubtful and we get by Delta. If we draw each other in the semis, no holding back sid - score will be in double digits.

JTL
worry about delta first
I'm sure the delta lads will be thrilled to see Ur in the semis allready
As a good old friend would state
It's just a game have fun
Lads
Dfc have no pressure at all
The mighty pressure will be on
The premier teams left
The luck of the draw has went in our favour
But remember we Have had to play one more game to(fv athletics)
It sure is nice to make the qf
But who ever knows me
I love the taste of victory
It will be interesting to see the outcome of our cup games
Delta...... poco (kirby) beat em
Then a tie in league , if I'm correct

Like I have said before
Winning the masters league is a great honour
Both div 1 & prem
To win the masters cup is also an honour
The big boys play for the provincials

Now that is VIctory

Ps : congrats to poco cast on winning the league
Maybe move to the metro league play against all the top teams who battle hard week in week out
There is a challenge if I have ever heard one

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
They have forfeited several times this year......wankers for sure.....they leave it to the last minute to tell the league.....too bad....I think the fine is $250.00 everytime.

Score would have been greater for sure,oh well.

Dominion should take the Castilians game time instead of waiting til 9.00 pm.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to The Mighty Castilians for winning the league in consecutive years.

Too bad about the forfeit tonight,not sure what happened to the Mission team,they were very strong last year,making the final of the cup.

Rumor has it that they won't be fielding a team next year,and with Aldergrove and the Brickmen more suited to Div 1,it will be interesting to see what happens.

Maybe a Langley team,Dominion and Razorbacks for doing well in the cup, will come up to Premier.

Since when do leagues promote teams based on Cup play? :rolleyes:

No offense to the R-backs, who are having a great Cup run, but shouldn't the team be consistently good over the span of a season?

Anyhow, I see another post below where you gush on about your little lad, I need to go read that, then maybe gag, quite possibly puke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0