Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL MASTERS] Results and Banter Sept/Oct 2010

I have an inside source who tells me that the Drag-queens will have more (marginally) out than in recent weeks and that Kush is playing Friday night.

Should be a cracker.:wa:

MOTW? Fcuk that. Match of the season more like it.:D

George Best

Feb 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would assume Castilians and Dragons will do their best to bring out their best teams. Dragons are pulling in a couple of out of towners to play and a few of the PAU premier players as well. Castilians will be in tough sporting a few injuries. Looking forward to taking that game in and having a few pints.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

From what I saw at Nations Cup, I would take Slater over Kusch in a heartbeat.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M, I'm willing to retire from TTP if Dragons lose this game vs. Castilians. You up for the wager?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M, I'm willing to retire from TTP if Dragons lose this game vs. Castilians.

Wow Tuna, are you being confident or just a tad over cocky??? Lot's of hype about this game, so I think, I'm gonna trade in my Canucks ticket to go watch this game of the season as stated earlier by Fat Monkey!!

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

wow, with all these hype I guess we should show up a little early, warm-up and stretch even, we could even charge spectators, what do you think Yoda ?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have never see either team play, I have only seen some of the players play, hence my opinion about the two front runners.

Further why would I care about that game anyway?

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

You know what they say about opinions..........................

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Castilians 5 Dragons 3

The scoreline totally flattered the Dragons,basically the Castilians destroyed them.Slater scoring twice winning the day over Kusch,no problems.

It was nice for the Castilian management to offer WANNABE CASTILIAN Sid a job,standing outside the changing room patting the lads on the back as they ran out.He is apparently on 3 months probation.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

QUOTE=The Watchman;321599]Sir M was right again :)[/QUOTE]

Delta 2. South Delta 0

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

I thought it might go that way heanjob,I told JTL,rule Delta United out at your peril.

Well done Delta United

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M, I'm willing to retire from TTP if Dragons lose this game vs. Castilians. You up for the wager?

Looks like we won't be seeing Tuna post on here for awhile!:D As for the game itself, I find myself agreeing with Watchman's comment.

The scoreline totally flattered the Dragons,basically the Castilians destroyed them

destroy is an under statement as Poco was definitely the more physical team in this contest. I didn't keep count, but I'm pretty sure the ref was close to double digits on the amount of yellow cards he showed tonight. Still confused on the refs comment, after Kuschy was hammered hard on a cleats up foul late in the second half. Ref says" it was only (Poco player) his first foul", thus only a yellow instead od a red card:confused: On the day Slater did more damage than Kuschy, but incredible how many times Slater goes down so softly, whining for a free kick. Hey it worked, as most of the time the ref would make the call for him! Dragons had a short bench compared to Poco, which also was a difference. Dragons have a few guys on their team who definitely could use a fitness pass!:eek: IMO though Poco was way more hungrier for this game and deserved the 3 points!!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Dragons are not the class of the league (as the they expected to be) - I put them as the 4th place team.
Poco wasn't real happy with their game should have had a lot more goals and too many against.

Poco wins the Chiro Bowl, Handily.

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

A bit more on the Delta derby. This game seemed to follow the pattern of our past matches. It was a physical game and the ref had a "let them play" attitude. Only one card shown for a rough tackle, though each team also got a yellow for essentially a professional foul for stopping a probable breakaway, and we got one for taking a free kick before the whistle twice (the real irony being that each kick was worse than the one that preceded it).
The big difference in the game was their Number 8. The game was essentially even, both teams looking dangerous, until he scored a cracker of a goal from 30-35 yards out at about the 25 minute mark of the first half. We were probably the more dangerous of the teams for the rest of that half but could not convert. Their keeper made a couple of nice saves to preserve their lead. We felt quite confident at the half that we had the momentum and would eventually tie it up.
Second half started even, then about 15 minutes in, Number 8 makes a nice run down the left side, cuts in at the top of the box and slots it home, and it was essentially game over right there. We really could not generate a lot offensively from then on as as they hung back and looked to counter on the break.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Dragons are not the class of the league (as the they expected to be) - I put them as the 4th place team

After Delta's win last night, the Mighty Dragons will now sit in 5th place!!!:D Little bit of a log jam at the top of the standings now, with Poco having a game in hand!!

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

That has to be Quote of the Year !!!!! LOL BYE BYE TUNA

The Dragons rely to much on my old pal Kuschy,they knock the ball high up the field to him everychance they have,he controls,knocks it back and turns,goes for a return,easy to mark.He didn't have one shot on goal.Without him though,mid table team.

Castilians are hungry,on to the Bradner Cup next week.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Word on the street is that Sir M never took the bet.

YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0