Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL MASTERS] Results and Banter Sept/Oct 2010

Wow that is almost a third of all the goals that Delta let in for the whole year last year. All that in one game against a new team to boot!! Are the Dragons that good or was Delta missing a bunch of players?? Will the Dragons bill able to compete against the Mighty Castillans??

We were beaten fair and square. We have a ton of guys signed...remains to be seen how it is all gonna work out. At this point I'd say Dragons are top two for sure....Kusch, Gronlund, Levitt and company are very SOLID squad.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hmmmm, last game was an extra time loss in the provincial final.

I forgot about that. In that case I would say Dragons are the early heavy favourites to win the league if they beat the provincial finalists 5-0. Definitely the team to beat.

JTL

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

What happen in the NDUA Uppall's vs Langley game last night? Anyone?

Cheers!

Langley 5 NDU 3 good game played well by all except Dude who is the cheapest two footed tackler i have ever seen !!!!!!!! Not a chippy game but we had a guy sent off, i think the Ref just pulled the wrong card out to be honest.

Langley Lads set up a barbeque after the game and it was great THANKS LADS, we will have a bag off chips and a can of coke waiting for you when you visit us lol

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Aldergrove 0 - 1 WRU

Aldergrove keeper was immense, otherwise the score could of been 5 or 6. 3 penalty misses by us, and a couple of point blank saves, got some help from the bar on a couple of occassions too.

Not a lot of offense from Aldergrove, but almost squeaked a draw towards the end off a corner.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Langley 5 NDU 3 good game played well by all except Dude who is the cheapest two footed tackler i have ever seen !!!!!!!! Not a chippy game but we had a guy sent off, i think the Ref just pulled the wrong card out to be honest.

Langley Lads set up a barbeque after the game and it was great THANKS LADS, we will have a bag off chips and a can of coke waiting for you when you visit us lol

Fcuk me. Next time I get a clean chance to go through a ref, I'm not backing off.

:D

Fair to say very sloppy. Delta was up 3-1 by half, but we had a much stronger 2nd, with the help of one monster save by RobJ with the score tied 3-3.

jimisuperfly

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Brickmen are a whole new team this year...will get some results for sure especially at home with the help of the infamous talking tree behind the East net and 12th men on the REZ! Full credit to Mission/Chilliwack/Sardis/HOPE/Cultus Lake FC.....good game...just no finish. Should be an interesting season.

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Masters Div 1 NDSC Alumni 3 Langley Athletic 5

I think it was actually a very ugly game.After watching our masters premier team vs Peace Arch on Friday night, last night was very slow and full of mistakes.With the exception of Peter Field who was by far the best player on the pitch there wasn't a lot of quality on either side.

All three keepers from both teams actually played quite well and made their share of fantastic saves and could not be faulted for any of the goals.

It was though a game played in good spirit by both teams and a good run with no injuries! BBQ and beers after with your buddies from both teams and you remember why you still enjoy getting out there!Thanks Rob J and Ranger Forever!

My first post so best of luck to everyone in both Masters divisions.

Cheers!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

All three keepers from both teams actually played quite well and made their share of fantastic saves and could not be faulted for any of the goals.

Puh-lease.
You're too kind.
Suffice to say I'm much appreciative of the fact that the 'fried chicken before' or 'butter for breakfast' comments haven't come up yet regarding NDU's 3rd goal.

There were some nice goals scored though.

Still hurting from that...
Sunburntneckforever

Some interesting results out there this weekend.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Puh-lease.
You're too kind.
Suffice to say I'm much appreciative of the fact that the 'fried chicken before' or 'butter for breakfast' comments haven't come up yet regarding NDU's 3rd goal.

There were some nice goals scored though.

Still hurting from that...
Sunburntneckforever

Some interesting results out there this weekend.

Frase- we just figured you'd pre-cooked some of the smokies on the menu before the game. They were a little on the greasy side.

Or maybe you'd changed the oil on your car and didn't have time to clean-up before the match.

Or perhaps you were taking care of business in the locker-room before the match, which would explain the big tub of Vaseline you carry around in your kit bag.

It's all good brother. As you can see, we intend of getting you lots of shots this year, so best to get the bobbles out of the way on a night we score 5.

:D

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

RF best game I've ever seen you play! Don't beat yourself up man there are enough of your mates around to do it for you.It's pretty obvious why you are the starting keeper for Langley Athletics.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Frase- we just figured you'd pre-cooked some of the smokies on the menu before the game. They were a little on the greasy side.

Or maybe you'd changed the oil on your car and didn't have time to clean-up before the match.

Or perhaps you were taking care of business in the locker-room before the match, which would explain the big tub of Vaseline you carry around in your kit bag.

Or maybe you styled Dude's hair for him before the game....

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone know for sure whats going on this coming week with Bradner Cup starting up?
We are supposed to play Mission Chilliwack on Friday night for League, but they are also scheduled to play a Bradner Cup game on the weekend as well.

I would guess we would go by the Matchday 2 Schedule and not the Bradner Cup Draw schedule but can anyone confirm?

I'll have Masters Premier and Div 1 standings up later.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Bradner Cup games are taking prcedence...this was from the league e-mail:
"The Bradner Cup PRELIM Round will be played Week 2 instead of regular League games, schedule will be amended to reflect this change ASAP. The scheduled league game can be played midweek by contacting your league opponent and agreeing to play, of course the HOME team must have a field available. Let me know if you can arrange these games and I will add to the schedule. Otherwise these games will be played at a later date in the schedule as a MAKE UP."

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry, i didn't follow through on my promise.

Here's an idea of what the standings would look like if the FVSL site was on the ball:

Premier Div:

1. Peace Arch Dragons 3pts
  2. North Delta U Alum 3pts
  3. White Rock United 3pts
  4. Abbotsford 3pts
  5. Poco Castilians 1pt
  6. South Delta 1pt
  7. Mission/Chilly 0pts
  8. Aldergrove 0pts
  9. Delta 0pts
  10. Peace Arch United 0pts

Div 1