Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters 2005] February Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters 2005] December/January Banter and Results

SU with the special fri nighter vs allblacks at the oval...followed by some mechanical bull riding at Gabbys (perhaps)...they don't call him pistol for nothing.:p
Decent chance of a cuthbert family reunion as well but who to cheer for?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves:
Classic on the avatar. :D
Nice mullet Pete. ;)
'Stoneys FC' - Memories...

Another Friday nighter for us as well against Peace Arch.

Come on you Ballsacks by the way.

There's still hope for the Rangers, :rolleyes: :eek:

RF

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone played on or been to John Oliver lately?

Just wondering if it is in playable condition?

We haven't played there since late November.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If your team hasn't played on your own home park, it seems a bit of a stretch to think any of your opponents have during the same time, no?

:rolleyes:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
If your team hasn't played on your own home park, it seems a bit of a stretch to think any of your opponents have during the same time, no?

:rolleyes:

Very clever smarty pants.:rolleyes:

Some may have watched others there or coached etc. eg. Crafty? Or some youth footy may have been played there. Also, there are non-Masters players that venture in here from time to time.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza,

Your absolutely right, the park has had some very heavy rainfall and all the pitches are somewhat soggy to say the least. However, I see no problem with your game going ahead this evening against Sapperton and I predict a 2-1 victory for the Delta lads.

Good luck

Cheers

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aah yes, great stuff indeed, Crafty.

A big win in a proverbial 6 pointer.

Well done lads.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 3
AllBlacks 1

1-1 at the half and then we kinda woke up but it took 2 awarded PKs mid-way through to get the job done.

Brutal conditions for a game... nothing like the weather today though, fcuk me!

We have 2 games to go and just need a point to secure the league (heard FireRangers won 4-2).

BTW, not that it matters now but we were never supposed to play Allblacks again this year... our 4 "3-game opponents" were supposed to be:

FireRangers
Peace Arch
GEU
Aldergrove

Somehow, our postponed game vs GEU is a forgotten memory to the league.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AllBlacks were fortunate enough to play ScUm for a blustery FridayNightSpecial.
One goal apiece in the early going turned into a stalemate at half time.
Our goal was to slow ScUm down so they never picked up enough steam to capture their usual blistering tempo.
Having a big bench also mixes up the tempo when you have to give everyone playing time. Fortunately we don’t have that problem.

Although ScUm carried much of the play, AllBlacks did counter on a number occasions. Aves & Spiro were rubbish.;)

I’m not going to argue the two peno’s, each ref will see things differently. Some should ref men’s and some should stick to girls.:eek:
Some see any physical play that results in a dive; sorry I mean a foul as a penalty no matter how much of a chance the player had.
Muz, who doesn’t mixing it up much, went down as the ball was leaving the box and Kiwi got her blouse in a knot when she tried to take on five defenders by herself.
Now don’t get your tits in a knot boys, its all in fun. ScUm are a great team and a great bunch o’lads.
Both teams shared many a pint after and a good night was had by all. Thanks for the INTERAC KellyB.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 PAU 2

Good first half by both teams with us up 1-0 after 45.

I rarely moan about the officiating on here, but the man in the middle proceeded to make a joke of the second half.
He blew a PK after a minute into the second half where one of their strikers gives a nudge in the back to Gary Donald whose shoulder and arm were then popped and the ref blows a hand ball.
I actually said 'good call' until to my horror discovered he's pointing at the spot calling the foul which was a result of a foul.
Brutal.
I thought the spotter was going the other way and got caught flat footed.
1-1.
Then, he proceeds to miss every single hand ball thereafter and then what seemed to be make up call after make up call for the rest of the game.
Both teams deserved better IMO.
We got 3 more with them putting another past me in the 90th minute to round it out.

A bit of discussion as to which team 'out-whined' the other :D with Alan stating they had been out-whined.
I beg to disagree. ;)

Well done Peace Arch, always a classy team to play out there,
RF

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 7 G E U 1

A very nice night for a game and a pint afterwards.

G E U have a bunch of good lads who battle all night despite the score

We had 11 players again and really need to get healthy.(7 guys missing because of injuries)

Kevin was in the middle and did a very good job as usual.

Thanks again R F for going in the pipes and doing such a great stand up job pal.

Good luck boys.

P.S. nice protest P A U. Give your heads a shake.

It's not our fault you ran Stabler out of town. Psssssss The i.d. cards were there at the match and the ref had them in his hand.

Sorry but i had to attend much more important matters.
Gazzer brought the I D cards 10 minutes before the match!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick question... when did the league decide to add more games to the schedule?

Our team manager had to ASK what was going on.

Not very transparent if you ask me.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AllBlacks 5 PA 4
:D :D :D :D :D
What a night. PA came out of the blocks at blazing speed and banged in 3 beautiful goals in the first 20 minutes. I was thinking it was going to be one of those games.
AllBlacks stole one back just before the half which offered a glimpse of hope. First few minutes of the second half and PA bagged another. After that PA still carried plenty of the play but the AllBlacks finishing was just deadly.

Going on the premise that you go with what works; I smacked Mike Bellefontaine in the head just before kick off. A good hard slap, I thought he was going to bust my teeth out. The kid just needs his helmet rattled and he's in the game. Two from him, that’s 4 in 3 games. One each for Fergie and Cuthbert. The icing on the cake though; and this couldn't have been scripted any better, Mike Watts, on his birthday, puts the nail in Big Bro's coffin to steal the win.

Plenty o' beverages after the match, lots of great lads on the PA squad. Nice to Popbitch, Petal and Bookie. Magic night!

Toes, you old bastard, ONEMOREYEAR!!! :knvb: :bronco:

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We know we're in tough against the FireRangerFighters at the best of times, but when we go into the game missing four of our better players and our best defender leaves fifteen minutes in with a hamstring injury, we knew we were in for a long night. :(
The hilight of the night had to be Ranger being caught flatfooted expecting a cross and having the ball sneak past him near post. You looked like a deer in headlights big man.
This game had to wreck your save percentage too. One shot - one goal.:rolleyes:
One issue I had on the night (other than the score), was something that happened in the last few minutes. With the score 7-1, Barry was handed a gift from our goalkeeper. He basically passed the ball right to him about fifteen yards out and no GEU player in sight. Barry tried to walk around him but our goalkeeper reocvered from his gaffe, got into good position and bumped Barry a bit while he pounced on the ball. Barry proceeded to take a dive hoping for a peno.
Was that really necessary? How much do you really need to win by anyway? Is there a prize for the most goals scored at the end of the year? Kind of classless if you ask me.:mad:
But we were outclassed from start to finish. We had better get some grit into our game if we want to challenge next week at all.
Humbled Monkey

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bully:
I wouldn't be all :knvb: and :wa: and especially :bronco: just quite yet.
Something about your win against PAU just doesn't seem quite right to me.
I smell a protest...:D

Regs:
It's quite simple really.
We {being the League as we (The Rangers) run it} need to extend the season as the likelihood of the ScUm going unbeaten diminshes as each game goes on.
Quite frankly it's going for the fence on our behalf but we need all the help we can to try and still clinch the League Title.

Fat Monkey & Company played extremely hard last night and was impressed that they continued to hustle that hard right up to the end.
Good show boys.
Except for that amazing goal that no keeper in the world could have got. :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Barry got more than his fair share of abuse after and possibly FM you may have misread him.
I don't think he dived and we even thanked Kevin Uppal after for not even coming close to calling it.
I agree it would have been embarassing and sincerley Barry got ribbed hard and I honestly don't think he meant to dive.
He got a bit tripped up and snagged but he never moaned once that it should have been a peno.
He's a competitor, no doubt, but not his style - Trust me.

Adios amigos and good luck to every tomorrow.
Except Surrey United.

Deerintheheadlightsforever :D

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I know that Barry is a competitor. Does he ever get tired?:confused:
Thanks RF. I've never seen him pull off anything that would seem to be of the classless variety, so I'm glad to hear that he heard about it afterwards.
But I'm still going to be sharpening my studs for the return leg next week.;)

Rangersgoalkeeperhasaweaknessontheshortside

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Quick question... when did the league decide to add more games to the schedule?

Our team manager had to ASK what was going on.

Not very transparent if you ask me.

I brought this up a good three months ago, and it was just as clear as mud back then.

Seems like they need to get their shite together with this and get the scheduling up sooner. Right now they don't have anything past next weekend up.

Well done Bully. That is a great result;)

highlander

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
coach mr bean told us you didnt have your cards so give your head a shake.actually you better not something might fall out.psssssssssssss?
PS keep playing the big man in net he's the reason your winning.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 1
Surrey United 4

Muzz (2), Kelly B, Harky and Gameboy with the goals. Pitch much too big for Sapp whom barely had 11 to start the game... should be much tougher next weekend in the return leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0