Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we need to start a poll as to whether Sentinel hits the 100 goal mark this season.

With four league games left, they already have 81, an average of 5.79 per game. They need to score less than 5 per game to hit 100.:eek:

Yeah, they should be in 3rd division.:rolleyes:

Predictions:

1. They will hit 100 goals

2. They will easily win the President's Cup, running over every div. 2 team they meet in the process.

This should be interesting....

whoa buddy, easy there. I'm going to withhold all my predictions and opinions until after dec. 17th about this sentinal team, but I'm sure they will not 'run over every div. 2 team in the cup'.

its obvious they r not a div. 3 team, but all these stats are fluctuated because they have been playing div. 3 teams...duh. not having that week in week out competition will hurt them in cup. as well, like I mentioned in another thread, no div. 3 team has ever won the cup.

take a look back over the last 2 years. 2 years ago, I played with the ND titans and we came up against an undefeated abbsotford team (arsenal? can't remember) in the 3rd round. very similar stats as sentinal and we were an average div. 2 team. beat them 2-0.

last year switched to play with the nomads. ran div. 3 like nobodys business (although not as dominate as sentinal). took out a top seeded div.2 team in the 1st round (PCNC united, won 3-1), played an average team in the 2nd round (Clones) and lost in penos after 13 rounds!
anything is possible in cup and a good draw helps but any team can win it...just ask the titans, lol

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats lame about the points.....maybe you should apeal like ACBC lol...and i was trying to say you would probably run over div 3... not us run over div 2...next year will be more challenging

I know you didn't say you would run through Div.2 someone else in this thread did.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I happen to believe that div. 3C is likely the strongest of the 3 groupings. Port Moody are better than their record indicates, Langley can play, Abbotsford and Sikh both have some talented players mixed in their group and the Titans defend like crazy. Any one of these teams would be in the top 3 of the other 3 groups - easily. A couple of them would also be reasonably competitive in div. 2.

Having said that, Sentinel are in a class of their own. They are extremely quick and skillful, can score like crazy and defend hard too. They work as hard off the ball as they do going forward.

No-one will beat them this season.

I have played them this season and know that they should be promoted straight to 1st division this summer. In fact, I believe they would be no lower than the middle of the pack in that division as well - likely much higher.

Anyway, that's just one Monkey's opinion.

As for reaching 100 goals, I didn't realize one of your last games was against Chehalis. That's tough. You may be right about the forfeit. They've had some trouble putting a team together in recent weeks. You will also not be able to repeat the 8 goal performance against the Titans as pride will kick in at some point. It certainly won't be our youthful exuberance anyway.;)

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having your name spelled wrong is just annoying its like us saying we're gonna play the LUFC Nonads or something..

Fat Monkey you play for the titans I assume?

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I happen to believe that div. 3C is likely the strongest of the 3 groupings. Port Moody are better than their record indicates, Langley can play, Abbotsford and Sikh both have some talented players mixed in their group and the Titans defend like crazy. Any one of these teams would be in the top 3 of the other 3 groups - easily. A couple of them would also be reasonably competitive in div. 2.

Having said that, Sentinel are in a class of their own. They are extremely quick and skillful, can score like crazy and defend hard too. They work as hard off the ball as they do going forward.

No-one will beat them this season.

I have played them this season and know that they should be promoted straight to 1st division this summer. In fact, I believe they would be no lower than the middle of the pack in that division as well - likely much higher.

Anyway, that's just one Monkey's opinion.

As for reaching 100 goals, I didn't realize one of your last games was against Chehalis. That's tough. You may be right about the forfeit. They've had some trouble putting a team together in recent weeks. You will also not be able to repeat the 8 goal performance against the Titans as pride will kick in at some point. It certainly won't be our youthful exuberance anyway.;)

Someone is in love.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having your name spelled wrong is just annoying its like us saying we're gonna play the LUFC Nonads or something..

Fat Monkey you play for the titans I assume?

Does Allder still play with you guys?? or is the baby keeping him away??

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I disagree, we thought the same after our D3 demolishing (15-0-1, our GF weren't as good, but our GA were 6 for the year), then we did the same in D2 (14-1-3) and figured we'd be good in D1, especially after watching some of the D1 teams play. As you can tell by the D1 standings, it's a little bit of a jump. Good luck though.

sentinelkeeps

Oct 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for reaching 100 goals, I didn't realize one of your last games was against Chehalis. That's tough. You may be right about the forfeit......................................... You will also not be able to repeat the 8 goal performance against the Titans as pride will kick in at some point. ;)
how many forfeits wold that be now?????After 2 forfeits is it not a hefty fine.............lol what figure did you have in mind??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0