Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL Div.3] Results and Banter '12/'13 Season

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any one willing to throw out some bold predictions of who the powerhouses are going to be in each division? Gunners are always good. Sparta look good. What about 3B. Magpies? Cloverdale?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the players that Milan have picked up they should be top of the group, but what I also hear, is that they will be a feeder team, so BJ, Wade and other players will be going up to other teams, regardless of whether Milan has a game or not, if this is the case that should not help their cause. Moody will be top of the table as they always are, and Sparta should make a good run as they have 2 strikers playing well below their capable level.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have placed myself into the mess of the Abbotsford soccer scene to play with Arsenal.[/QUOTE]

Say hi to Brent and Terry for the Redshirts if they're still playing.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
What!!!!! No way. I was lookin forward to schooling you kids elbowroom hahaha. Well best of luck this season buddy, you guys will do well!!!

We're Back C4L:D...2 days before our season starts,
BC United is transfered to 3b and Port Moody Magpies in 3a. Jorge and Angel say hi:cool:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the players that Milan have picked up they should be top of the group, but what I also hear, is that they will be a feeder team, so BJ, Wade and other players will be going up to other teams, regardless of whether Milan has a game or not, if this is the case that should not help their cause. Moody will be top of the table as they always are, and Sparta should make a good run as they have 2 strikers playing well below their capable level.

Offside call......

DON'T SAY HIS NAME

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ooooo Jorge and angel watch out mutha fu'kas hahahhaa good to hear my friend! I'm glad you boys are back. We will be watching you guys while we causally win div.3b .....

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 1 - Fraser Valley Red Devils 0

Back from a year off, but I'm happy to see we're still so highly thought of from what I read in T4L's other thread ;)

Given that it was the first game of the season, there was actually a lot of good soccer happening. Red Devils probably had more of the posession in the first half, but never really threatened much aside from a few shots that went wide. Scoreless at half.

About mid way through the 2nd, our mids put a great string of passes together that led to one of our strikers breaking free and putting one away. Then it was just a matter of holding them off for the rest of the game. Joely_the_goalie was back between the pipes after a 5 year retirement, but had to leave the game after the first half with an injury. But one of our Div 4 call ups stepped in and did a great job to keep a clean sheet.

Red Devils are a great team, and this definitely could have gone either way, but we were pretty geared to pick up the win. I would expect them to finish in the top 3... Behind us of course.

D13

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good result Titans,impressive considering your manager must have been tired from praying on teenage girls all week, being the first week back at school and all.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsenal 3 - Cloverdale 2
We went up 2-1 before half, they came back to tie early in the second before we scored the eventual winner on a corner with 20 left. They pushed hard to tie but just couldn't. We were missing two of our starting centre mids and sweeper but others filled in nicely. Good to get a win to start the season :cool:

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Athletics 7 BC United 1

3-1 at the half from a phantom handball in the 18... Center-mid sent off early in the second for telling the ref " i wasnt talking to you " oh and we missed a couple of chances.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha, my friend is on Athletics (though he didn't play in the game) and.....surprise surprise his version was different! I love this stuff.

ps-in my own teams game in D4 one of my guys swore.....I can't remember if it was a teammate or at himself, but the ref told him to watch his language. We had a great laugh over that one! So yer game isn't alone with phantom ref calls.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The defenders hand were in front of his body when he tackled him and the ref is blind, horrible pk call.
For example-Both keepers had volleyed the ball over their nets with both hands and his rule was that it was a goal kick because you didn't score:rolleyes:

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsenal 3 - Strikers 1. Notch another one for the old guys! Martin was reffing and it wasn't one of his better games and not sure what was going on but their #11 should have had at least one card! He must have thought he was wearing skates instead of football boots. Anyway, on to the Devils next week. :cool:

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND 91's 5- ND Titans 3

What a wierd game. Neither team had a "real" goalie and it showed. We scored 2 minutes in on a clearance from centre that flew over the keepers head. We were then dominated for the next 30 minutes and couldn't string passes together or close down their forwards fast enough. Our goalie made some good stops and they missed some they probably would say they should have scored, but with a real keeper maybe a few wouldn't have found the back of the net.

We started to settle down near the end of the half. Second half started brightly and scored in the first 5 minutes. We then controlled more of the play in the second half and generated more of the chances. I think the 91's got a little over confident, sat back and were tiring in the heat. We managed to get a third with 5 minutes to go and had a few chances to tie it up but couldn't. They scored of a punt and another miscommunication between defence and fill in keeper.

In the end, we didn't really deserve any kind of result based on how we started the game. But with the chances we generated in the 2nd a point would have been nice.

Good to know that we can at least hang with the young kids still. ND derby #2 should be very interesting!

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUSA 3 vs Pomo Magpies 0

I guess just a heads up, we are the Div3B Aldergrove team from last year. This year we have traded in the Green and White for the Blue and Gold of Langley.

On to the game... We are definitely in a feel out process as we have played 3B teams for the last few years, but the magpies are a decent club, they showed up with 11 and competed hard for the first 70minutes. But after 2 corner kick goals they were all but done.

It will be an early season test this week as 1st place in 3A is on the line.

Cheers
Cantuzzi

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0