Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL DIV 2] Week 17 MOTW'S

[FVSL DIV 2] Week 17 MOTW's

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reds, ur misinterpreting what jbn is saying.

he was trying to get the point across that we deal with other teams trouble makers week in and week out. Not our #10. He is a greatly skilled player that wants the ball all the time. With his ability he can change the game at any moment. He just gets frustrated when he's not getting the ball.

Jbn was refering to your #9s behaviour in that one game cause we see similar behaviour from an opposing teams player week in and week out. Frustration of not being able to do what they normally do, so they take it out on us. I'm sure it happens to everyone. Part of the game.

Turnbo

Jan 18, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
woooo i missed a high tension match boys! too bad i woulda liked helping pump up that 2 nill score and make all this chatter a little less relevant;)

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our # 9 is a skilled player and you judge his performance on the one time you actually play against him. 5' 8" and apparently very intimmidating. You shouldn't be so quick to judge other teams skills when 8 of your 10 wins are against the bottom 4 teams in your division.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not intimidating at all, worrisome is more like it.

Intimidating is a beast of a guy that is threatening you, since this hypothetical guy could literally pound me if he wanted too... A Black eye or bloodied up nose is one thing,

when a 5'8" guy is threatening you, you know it's going to end up, if he carries out his threat, to be something dirty that could result in a long term injury like a damaged joint or broken leg or ankle...

He is not a skilled player by any stretch. If he was I could chalk it up to having a bad night if he missed some chances or was out of position at times. Your #9 was a far cry fro a skilled player. Couldn't control passes or take a touch to save his life, made totally vertical runs all night that our defenders, myself included ate up like candy. he was poor in the air and turned the ball over under pressure.

None of this convinces me he was a skilled player having a bad game.

We have skilled players on our team, and when they have off nights it is because they miss sitters, or fire shots high and wide instead of placing it in corners, it is missed passes or mental breakdowns in marking or attacking (like being offside). Skilled players when having off nights don't have 10 yard passes bounce off their shinpads to defenders 10 yards away to start a quick counter attack ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You shouldn't be so quick to judge other teams skills when 8 of your 10 wins are against the bottom 4 teams in your division.

what does this have to do with anything?

Guildford United and ACBC are clearly the class of Division 2 full stop.

And that may change a bit with Ghouse signing up to his prem squad a bunch of guys.

Lets face facts, we are 10 points clear of 4th with a game in hand. And our "Season" was over over once we lost that first game to Guildford, we were only going to impact the standings after that by playing spoiler for either of them depending on the results of our second games against both of them. We are focusing on the cup. we have clinched 3rd place in what I believe to be the strongest of the d2 pools. SFC Bullets beat us on a horrible night, they are in 4th on our group... We pounded you 6-1 with the second half all played by subs and guys out of normal positions, nevermind the 4 posts and crossbars in the first half... What does that say about your group?

We lost two games we had no business losing, in the Bullets loss, and the Sikh loss, i could say that officiating had a lot to do with those results, and it did, but that would be a bullshit excuse.

That is the past, this is now.

Quick Edit to add: The class of your division, the Hypesters, beat you guys 10-1 and 5-0... we were right in the middle of those scorelines at 6-1 with the changes in the second half blah blah blah... and I'd say we are pretty even with the Young Guns, probably on a better run of form of late too, so I'd be careful about what you assume about our division and our record.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say we are pretty even with the Young Guns, probably on a better run of form of late too, so I'd be careful about what you assume about our division and our record.

We tied and beat the Young Guns and had a bad rough game against you so I guess that makes us all about even then doesn't it ( your words not mine )

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, I'm told the Young Guns had rough outings against you guys not the other way around... apparently your #9 is "skilled" too...

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
blah, blah, blah. Game was over 2 weeks ago. Sour grapes. Some teams play better against other teams, so on and so forth. Time to stop focusing on the past and focus on Poco coming up.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise even though the game isn't as monumental as the ACBC Guildford game, the poco gunners game has some relevance for our div... If their superbowl party depleted line up is better than our superbowl depleted line up and they manage to give the gunners their first regular season loss in div 2 ever, puts you guys in promotion trouble.

at the very least that could be worth a poll with zero votes for :rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise even though the game isn't as monumental as the ACBC Guildford game, the poco gunners game has some relevance for our div... If their superbowl party depleted line up is better than our superbowl depleted line up and they manage to give the gunners their first regular season loss in div 2 ever, puts you guys in promotion trouble.

at the very least that could be worth a poll with zero votes for :rolleyes:

I think we have moved past the point thinking of div 1.....We are struggling ever since we got robbed of the win versus you guys.

Our main focus is cup now and let the chips fall were they may

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we have moved past the point thinking of div 1...We are struggling ever since we got robbed of the win versus you guys.Our main focus is cup now and let the chips fall were they may

I hope that's not an excuse Fran? And before you say anything, we have no excuses, we suck! But if you do go up this year are you going to play the Poco Pacific game and refuse or suck it up like a big boy?:wa:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope that's not an excuse Fran? And before you say anything, we have no excuses, we suck! But if you do go up this year are you going to play the Poco Pacific game and refuse or suck it up like a big boy?:wa:

Refuse are you nuts??? The cards are dealt my friend and we don't have a good hand.

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refuse are you nuts??? The cards are dealt my friend and we don't have a good hand.

Poco still have to win those games in hand so you are fine for now. We might even pull off a shock for you and win a game when we play them... but let's not jump the gun.You should beat mission this weekend and then the lions. Then we have to hope some results go our way or we are doomed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0