Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div 2 Results and Banter: Nov '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Anyone give me an update as to the condition of Parkside West at the moment?

~Shaven

Parkside is in good shape been no rain here for more then a week and in my opinion some of the best grass we have played on this year... (WORST TWSN Royals home pitch) why who do you play this weekend... I thought you were in 2c?

cantuzzi #10

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven hasn't played this year ;) .......but he inspires NDFC in the 1st division who plays there this weekend.

......woops, sorry dude. i've gone and taken it to the streets again..........

.......teardrop 4u :rolleyes:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi said:
I thought you were in 2c?

NDFC, Div. 1 is who i play with.

Thanks all who contributed for the Parkside info, hope it's in good shape on Sunday.

~Shaven

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
shaven hasn't played this year ;) .......but he inspires NDFC in the 1st division who plays there this weekend.

How many games have you played this year? I hope you didn't just bow out of our match. I assumed you were genuinely injured. :confused:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shifty_dwarf said:
How many games have you played this year? I hope you didn't just bow out of our match. I assumed you were genuinely injured. :confused:

Just so everyone knows, and we can put this "inspiration" thing to rest :

Shaven inspires a 1st division team... who are 1 - 0 - 2 undefeated in thier last 3 games.

Walls inspires a 2nd div team... who are 0 - 3 - 0 ... 3 straight losses in thier last 3 games....

Great inspiration boys... :D :D

Walls.... isn't the hole you dug deep enough yet....

"Dig me a hole der boss"

"Dig a hole there Walls"

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ten points behind Aldergrove with only one game in hand? I don't think so. Not this year anyway. ;)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Ten points behind Aldergrove with only one game in hand? I don't think so. Not this year anyway. ;)
How does 3rd place sound? Poco IS going to pass you....

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps, but they did lose to Abotsford last weekend.

Besides. 2nd. 3rd. What difference does it make if you don't finish first? No chance of promotion anyhow. Ten points is a lot to make up, and I don't see Aldergrove choking in the second half. I guess they'll have a couple teams in Div. 1 next year.

C-thru

Sep 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:

actually hes played a few times this year. taking stabs at our bench is pretty lame considering NDFC is coached by a man who doesnt like to sub at all, no matter how good you are. Defence gets maybe one sub per game, midfield 2ish, and the fowards play 85-90mins each. So each time you bring up Shaven's play time as an insult, you insult myself, jamie, ross, danny, kevin, and hell even scott now i guess. Like it or not and no offence to your team, but with our "limitted minute" players, I doubt you'd be in sixth place.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe your coach should think about where he is coaching and the players should think about who you are playing for. I don't understand players that are sitting on a bench all year long and coaches who sign players that aren't going to see the park. Regardless what level you are playing in the valley if you are sitting on a bench you are wasting your time and that includes premiere (but atleast premiere you can play cat I guess). Drop down to a level that you can get atleast half a game or why bother.

That being said Guru you can sit me beside the beer cooler for as long as you like just promise to help me up when the game is over.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Walls inspires a 2nd div team... who are 0 - 3 - 0 ... 3 straight "

For the record, we have two straight loses...the first to Celtic the second to Arsenal. The other loss we have is the first game of the year to arsenal... Don't make things worse than they already are Guru :D

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-thru said:
Like it or not and no offence to your team, but with our "limited minute" players, I doubt you'd be in sixth place.

I don't mean to open old wounds but half the guys you are reffering to have played with us in the past... Not going to start in on old story lines but I personally have played with half a dozen or so over the last four years, starters and bench guys. The players who have moved up and made NDFC's squad are better calibre players, so saying that your bench could help our squad is a given. The only retort I would have is that those players who have left have a much different attitude and dedication than when they were with our squad... but that is all in the past. The real irony is that Walls and Shaven were buds, Shaven came out to our squad from White Rock, hated it, and went on to sign with FC. The rest is public record on TTP. Walls and Shaven will probably continue taking pot shots at each other for years, who cares. But I agree with you, leave the rest of us out of it...

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
The real irony is that Walls and Shaven were buds, Shaven came out to our squad from White Rock, hated it, and went on to sign with FC.

For the record, I did not hate the Nationals, just decided that I wanted to be involved on a Div. 1 level this season instead of another year in Div. 2. That's all it came down to, really. Simply a level of soccer decision, not a slight on the Nationals. That's really all I've got to say about this.

~Shaven

P.S. It appears the weather's breaking, so we should see a full slate of games this weekend. Game on!

C-thru

Sep 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
I don't understand players that are sitting on a bench all year long and coaches who sign players that aren't going to see the park. Regardless what level you are playing in the valley if you are sitting on a bench you are wasting your time and that includes premiere (but atleast premiere you can play cat I guess). Drop down to a level that you can get atleast half a game or why bother.

I agree. In my case, after half a season of dedication and hard work, i'd like to stay in the ND club system so I can be called up when needed. Obviously this only works if the lower division teams have room. I dont know about the nationals, but I do know the ND Titans are full.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
That being said Guru you can sit me beside the beer cooler for as long as you like just promise to help me up when the game is over.
The cooler will be late... you may as well start then. I'll be in Ladner for Tse Tse's game at 10 am... I hope Skytrain shows up sober this week, cuz he has to start.

Backline16 said:
For the record, we have two straight loses...the first to Celtic the second to Arsenal. The other loss we have is the first game of the year to arsenal... Don't make things worse than they already are Guru :D

Call it a premenition then.... oh... you play the GEU Titass... should be a "W".... but you still need to show up there to get it...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-thru said:
NDFC is coached by a man who doesnt like to sub at all, no matter how good you are.

Honestly give me a break if somebody is that good they play. I think we made 8 subs last game against one of the top teams in the league and quite frankly making that many subs keeps fresh legs but it also can kill momentum and flow. If your going to play 30 -35 minutes but it takes you 20-25 too get into the flow its more harm then good in my opinion. Most people look in the mirror and feel they are good enough too be playing lots of minutes but its just not true. I'm just sick and tired of people who aren't willing to adapt there game or do what it takes too get those minutes(I.e get in shape, get a better attitude, or lack of on field smarts or whatever it may be) instead they just complain and think they should play. Fukc I went from being b.C player too starting on the bench on a new team when I younger, I kept working and became one of the best players.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-thru said:
I agree. In my case, after half a season of dedication and hard work, i'd like to stay in the ND club system so I can be called up when needed. Obviously this only works if the lower division teams have room. I dont know about the nationals, but I do know the ND Titans are full.

walls I think he's looking for an invite and quite frankly would help.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-thru said:
sounds to me like someones cupping their hands together ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0