Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2: Results and Banter Feb. '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru, as far as us (titans) going to pk's, i explained that in the presidents cup forum. We didn't come out with any desire to win and by no means were the wolves a determining factor in that. We knew they were a better team than their record as the division is very tight. It is the most competitive just due to everyone being so close in ability. As far as earning respect, you guys have but you haven't beaten a top team yet. If whalley is playing the hurricanes and beats them, then you have a case. The last three weeks our team has not played well and we know that. We have not wanted it enough throughout the whole game, ask curious or chopper, they'll tell you how badly we played after the first 10 min with them. We are in a funk right now and we need to get out of it.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
...As far as earning respect, you guys have but you haven't beaten a top team yet. If whalley is playing the hurricanes and beats them, then you have a case.
I don't understand this comment...
*First off, we beat the top team in our group, knocking them out of first... next we beat that top team, and they were knocked out of first. We also beat and tied the other team ahead of us.
*Now, you are currently in 2nd place, and have lost both times to the top team in your group.
*Next, the Hurricanes are currently in 2nd place in their group, and have a 1 - 1 record against Poco.
So with your rationale, we should be the team to beat... right? :rolleyes:

Now, if we could only beat a team below us in the standings !!

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
I don't understand this comment...
*First off, we beat the top team in our group, knocking them out of first... next we beat that top team, and they were knocked out of first. We also beat and tied the other team ahead of us.
*Now, you are currently in 2nd place, and have lost both times to the top team in your group.
*Next, the Hurricanes are currently in 2nd place in their group, and have a 1 - 1 record against Poco.
So with your rationale, we should be the team to beat... right? :rolleyes:

Now, if we could only beat a team below us in the standings !!

Guru I don't know who ypu play for but it sounds like you play for someoone in Div. 2 C which means you have not faced the hurricanes or NDFC which means you have no idea how talented these teams are. I am not, for one minute, going to even dream that we are nearly as talented as either of these teams. We Titans don't have a lot of skill and our only natural goal scorer got hurt in the 2nd game of the season and is done until next year. We have never mentioned this becasue it didn't really matter to us. Now as for playing the wolves, anytime you play on an aboulute crap field when you are used to turf is going to put a kink in your game plan. On turf, their is only one tam in our division that has beat us, and that is NDFC in 2 close, hard fought games. We are not a team that will blow you out with sheer talent, but we will run and run and run and make you work for your victory. OUr defense is is rock solid and can be very frustrating on opposing forwards. Listen to what NDFCers like Bulljive are saying. They understand what it is like to play us and like he said we share playing time. We are bunch of guys out having fun who only practice once a week and are lucky if we get 8 guys to a practice. As for your team, so what if you can beat the teams above you, if you can't beat the teams below you, you get no respect from me.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LittleKeeper said:
Guru I don't know who ypu play for but it sounds like you play for someoone in Div. 2 C which means you have not faced the hurricanes or NDFC which means you have no idea how talented these teams are. I am not, for one minute, going to even dream that we are nearly as talented as either of these teams. We Titans don't have a lot of skill and our only natural goal scorer got hurt in the 2nd game of the season and is done until next year. We have never mentioned this becasue it didn't really matter to us. Now as for playing the wolves, anytime you play on an aboulute crap field when you are used to turf is going to put a kink in your game plan. On turf, their is only one tam in our division that has beat us, and that is NDFC in 2 close, hard fought games. We are not a team that will blow you out with sheer talent, but we will run and run and run and make you work for your victory. OUr defense is is rock solid and can be very frustrating on opposing forwards. Listen to what NDFCers like Bulljive are saying. They understand what it is like to play us and like he said we share playing time. We are bunch of guys out having fun who only practice once a week and are lucky if we get 8 guys to a practice. As for your team, so what if you can beat the teams above you, if you can't beat the teams below you, you get no respect from me.

I will agree with you but stop blaming the park...simply state for once that you got outplayed plain and simple.

If you are the keep you were brilliant in Pk's not doubt about it two of the saves were great the other one well lets just say anyone could have made that stop

Not doubt Delta and Hurricanes are good I personally have played against both of these squads but I think what me and Guru and number of people are saying is no one gave div 2c any respect and we proved we can play with any team. These two squads are good but YOUR DIVISONS are not stronger then others by any means.

Next subject please.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hubs your point is fair, but don't mistake the fun guys have on TTP as our personality on the field or before and after games. If you talk to guys on teams that know us, we are not a ****y or disrespectful bunch. We have fun on TTP with our smack talk cuz that is what TTP is about. If you talk to guys off teams that have played us frequently like the ND Titans (played them 6 times in the last year and a half) as well as some of the guys off Whalley United who we've played a few times since puttin our team together, you will realize this...

hubs said:
Hurricandycane, if you guys talk as much smack and are so high and mighty on the field as you are here it's a no wonder you guys got a kick around by poco or any other team. Modesty is sometimes the best medicine.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LittleKeeper said:
Guru I don't know who ypu play for but it sounds like you play for someoone in Div. 2 C which means you have not faced the hurricanes or NDFC which means you have no idea how talented these teams are..... As for your team, so what if you can beat the teams above you, if you can't beat the teams below you, you get no respect from me.

As a matter of fact we played the Hurricanes last year, and we were the only team to beat them in div. 3. As for your respect could you please rethink that because i don't know if i will be able to sleep at night anymore. Anyways, thats all I have to say for now but im sure my dad :) will be on here later to give you his 2 cents. Lastly, this is the first and probably the last time i will ever agree with franchise because 2c can take to the pitch with any other div 2 squad.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru, by "you guys", i meant div 2c, not dfc in particular, and by top teams, i meant NDFC and the canes. Congrats, you beat them last year, but this is this year. I've already acknowledged that div 2c is the most competitive throughout, but not the best. That title goes to div 2b. Canes, clones and poco are all good teams who can for the most part play with each other. Div 2a, well, we fell off the map with Twsawassen losing as many players as they did and no one challenging NDFC beyond ourselves and White Rock. I've never insulted 2c beyond saying they dont have the calibre of teams the other two have. Every division has weak teams, but there is a larger disparity between them and the stronger teams in 2a and 2b than in 2c. If you want this to end, you guys can compete, I've never said otherwise, you just act like the nagging little kid who goes, "what about me?" If we get to play Hades and they beat us, that's no different than last year, but by then the rust of the holiday break will be gone.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Settle down little one... I play for the DFC Celtic
Firstly, your team sounds pretty much like ours, very few to practice, fairly solid defense.
Also, we have played both those teams in previous years. They are great clubs. 1 - 1 against the Canes, and 1 - 0 - 1 against NDFC. (I know... whathaveyoudonelately??) (and the Canes were playing with a limited squad etc.) whatevah!
Also, we had to play the wolves on that same crappy pitch you guys did, and tied 1 - 1. thier goal was offside, and we played like shite but still out chanced them with no results. shite happens! They put out one of best players with a knock to the face, (not intentional, however, he's still gone, and for the season), he also lost a tooth... We also lost our #1 striker at the break, and as of next week we'll lose our second. But the seasons done for us anyway. No cup... not going up or down... the rest of the seasons like a kiss from your aunt... it doesn't mean anything.... unless your Aunt's really hot and slips you the tongue !!! The last few games are just for fun now.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all good guru, just felt under attack (which we deserved after the weekend). Do you guys have Fischer, Corpuz, and Nick Taylor on your team? I remember them mentioning they were playing out there but I don't know what team.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
who's best 2 a,b,c does not matter what we think really the only answer will come next year when the three teams (whoever they are) move to div one and keep that spot.example black knights and north delta . last year black knights were well ahead of all teams in skill level day in and day out and it shows in the 1st div spot right now .where as delta players were really not better than anyone in the top half of the 20 team division and that also shows in their placing . with that said who got better from last year ,ndfc yes they are better, hurricanes,poco,probably the same ,2c top two fighting it out right now. no point going up a div only to fall flat on your face at the better level ? ndfc should survive a div 1 move ,hurricanes or poco ? poco must get better and the canes must also mature to survive a move up .port moody not yet maybe a year or two eagleridge i have never seen so no opinoin,whalley not survivng a move up.these are just my thoughts and not a guarantee of what the future will bring

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose

I Totally agree with your post. The B group has the top two teams, better than any in C, and A group has two very good teams as well, but IMO, equal to the top two in C. Me stating we've beaten teams in past years is just for needling purposes. Me also saying our team beat teams above us is also just way of needling... That's what this site is all aboot... what I have said, and what I meant was that I think the records are skewed when you look at the stats from the B and A group, because from the 3rd or 4th team down, they're not as good as 8 of the teams in group C, therefor the records/stats are not as flattering for the top few squads in group C (ours not being one of them) which makes it look worse.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
It's all good guru, just felt under attack (which we deserved after the weekend). Do you guys have Fischer, Corpuz, and Nick Taylor on your team? I remember them mentioning they were playing out there but I don't know what team.
Nick was a no show this year... don't know where he went. He played for us last year... very fast, but only saw him at games in the second half of the season..when he felt like it. Corpuz left us as well, he moved away.... Austraila? or Austria? He still owes us $70 the bastard.... Fischer plays for us still, Sporadically when he's not red carded.... he's gone for the season. We also lost two of our better players from last season. We are definately not as good this year as last, but next year will be a far better one.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Might as well throw the Lions hat into the fray. As far as inconsistency goes, we're pretty much a prime example(after DFC). The truth is we're not woorking our butts off, gunning for promotion or to win cups. Not enough commitment, just a bunch of guys out to play a little football. If we do end up having the opportunity, I don't see us moving up to Div.1 as it is. We have talent but we understand what we are.

bulljive:
"I also think div 2c is suspect the lions at the top of the table give me a break.. Their team is very average. I hope port moody wins the division just so I can prove how much better we are then them."

you can just relax buddy. We're a div.2 team that on any given day, if we show up hungry, can play with the top teams. However we're also seriously inconsistent...we're aware but we're not average.

Frodo

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend said:
Might as well throw the Lions hat into the fray. As far as inconsistency goes, we're pretty much a prime example(after DFC). The truth is we're not woorking our butts off, gunning for promotion or to win cups. Not enough commitment, just a bunch of guys out to play a little football. If we do end up having the opportunity, I don't see us moving up to Div.1 as it is. We have talent but we understand what we are.
Damn Legend....cheep shot, I might be inclined to argue that point....but hey, statistics don't lie. And we ARE the most inconsistant team in div. 2. However, I do believe that we are a lot like you guys....when we show up ready and hungry, we CAN compete.

A little update on the make-up game...it looks like it will probably be next weekend as opposed to this one. We have a make-up against the Wolves as well, and they have 3 left, so the league is giving them priority. Too bad, we'll just have to kick your butts at a later date ;)

Slider

Sep 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
True for the most part, the HurriCnuts dont seem like terrible guys on the field. The pubic head kid on the backline is one of just a couple exceptions.
As much as they talk shite and how little of it is true, they are good. Hopefully Walley gives them a good game.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whack is not gonna like the Pubic head kid comment! :D

Slider said:
True for the most part, the HurriCnuts dont seem like terrible guys on the field. The pubic head kid on the backline is one of just a couple exceptions.
As much as they talk shite and how little of it is true, they are good. Hopefully Walley gives them a good game.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey come on now guys, i take pride in the fro. Anyways, it is obvious that i love to talk smack, whether it be on the field or off. I like to stay consistent, there are many of you who hide behind the computer screens and dont say a word on the field after a full week of saying this and that on ttp, so atleast i have the testicular fortitude to let it be known who i am. Now slider im guessing you play on the poco team as i did not shut up that whole game as i found that whole game a joke and nothing more.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Also, we had to play the wolves on that same crappy pitch you guys did, and tied 1 - 1. thier goal was offside, and we played like shite but still out chanced them with no results. shite happens! They put out one of best players with a knock to the face, (not intentional, however, he's still gone, and for the season), he also lost a tooth... We also lost our #1 striker at the break, and as of next week we'll lose our second. But the seasons done for us anyway. No cup... not going up or down... the rest of the seasons like a kiss from your aunt... it doesn't mean anything.... unless your Aunt's really hot and slips you the tongue !!! The last few games are just for fun now.

That had to be the funniest shite I have ever heard...get rule Guru. You guys were shut down all game and had one shot on goal and some how it bounce in off another one of your guys.

MY VOTE FOR THE BIGGEST BULLSHITTER GOES TO GURU!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0