Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Dec '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backline16 said:
Two in a row...

There are like seven guys that post on this Div 2 forum... D13, Surreylad, Walls, Cheemak, and Backline16 all from the nats. Why don't teams tell thier players about TTP and if they do... Why doesn't anyone else post. I am getting tired of talking to the same idiots week in week out. It is time for some fresh blood... :)

i think that's the problem, it's always the same guys on here about the same old stuff, or about stuff that doesn't involve anyone else on here. there's no more calling guys out before matches, trash talking, that sorta stuff on here. i think we all need to take some notes from the almighty muhammed ali. but i'm out to see about these surrey coyotes.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC DYNAMO 1 - PM LIONS 0

Crap game... Both teams showed they had been off for a while. PM Looked to be short their keeper (only an assumption based on his track pants and pinnie), and the only goal of the game came on an own goal, a "clearing" attempt gone wrong".... and right into the back of the net while our striker applied some pressure.

JB was the ref and did a good job. As usual it was a clean game between our two sides who have now played each other tightly for about 5 years now.

We still have 3 makeup games to attend to after the break, hopefully we can move up in the standings with some wins in those games.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C Coq Arsenal 2 Poco City 2. Good game, our keep made a beaut. save off a PK. Nice fight at the end, both guys will be out till Feb.

I hate it when moms yell at me, it really hurts. Oh well, I'll make it up to them when I see them at Roosters.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
royals 2 - coyotes 0

15 minutes into the game their goalie 'broke his leg' after hobbling around on it for like 2 minutes after the play where it 'broke' had actually happend. play is stopped, their goalie lays down on the 6 yard box and won't move, ambulance is called, waited like 20 minutes for them to get there, they get there and check him out for about 10 minutes, turns out his leg is NOT fukcing broken and he hobbles into the ambulance with little help. meanwhile the rest of their team are getting tips and strategy from their coach.

poor form in my opinion. they were just stalling cuz they thought they might have a chance to steal one from us. due to that we ended up playing 2 40 minute halves (loss of light). got 2 goals in the 2nd half. until next year boys.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
royals 2 - coyotes 0

15 minutes into the game their goalie 'broke his leg' after hobbling around on it for like 2 minutes after the play where it 'broke' had actually happend. .

Why can't broken people fall to the sidelines.... bloody game stallers... ;)

Wheres the other scores? Some bad results today perhaps?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No word on the Delta Derby??
I guess that means that it turned out as everyone expected, with Delta beating Delta - the losing team .......................... the Nationals - otherwise we'd know otherwise.

Correct or confirm please.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confirmed. Nationals lost 2-0.

The bigger surprise is Poco City losing to the Bearcats. Good result for the Tigers.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had a tough match Saturday night...gotta say, that Coquitlam team has either improved leaps and bounds, or we're playing like shite. Barely squeaked out a 1-0 win. It was like our minds were elsewhere,

Looking at LUFC & Subs Dynamo, whom have quietly kept themselves in position in group C. They play the two top teams, I think, one more time each, and have shown they can beat the best in the group. Sub...I'm thinking you're quite pleased to be in this position coming into the break. Your guys will be itchy to play after the new year, and poised for a nice finish.

Heard a good joke the other night...

Mrs. TheRob, Mrs. Bored, Mrs. Walls, & Mrs. Guru, and had just passed away, and were all standing at St. Peter's gate, waiting to confess their sins.

St. Peter to Mrs. TheRob: "Any sins to confess, my child?"
Mrs. TheRob: "I kissed my husband before we were married, Your Grace."
St. Peter: "Thank you my child. Dip your lips in the Holy Water, and pass through the gates of Heaven.

St. Peter to Mrs. Bored: "Any sins to confess, my child?"
Mrs. Bored: "I touched my husband's private area before we were married, Your Grace."
St. Peter: "Thank you my child. Dip your hands in the Holy Water, and pass through the gates of Heaven.

All of a sudden, Mrs. Guru is pushing aside Mrs. Walls to get to the front of the line...

St. Peter: "What is the rush, my child? Everyone will have their opportunity to confess their sins!"
Mrs. Guru: "Yes Your Grace, and thank you. I just want to make sure I have a chance to gargle with the Holy Water before Mrs. Walls washes her ass in it..."

Badaboom. Thanks Utah. ;)

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats funny, on a serious note did they change the water after Mrs Walls washed the dog, the cat and the neighbors sheep in it?

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another Loss for the Nationals...

This one was a pretty good game. The real difference was their Keeper making three exceptional saves. Seemed pretty even all over the field, and pretty clean right up till the end. But the end result was a loss, they finished chances... we did not. 2 -nil DMU.

Have a good break everyone... Happy Holidays!! And all the best in the coming new year!! :) :)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Looking at LUFC & Subs Dynamo, whom have quietly kept themselves in position in group C. They play the two top teams, I think, one more time each, ;)

Actually I am quite pleased, but will be lose all we have gained over the long Christmas Break?

We play #1 Ranked DFC once more this season in a makeup game, which is a must win if we ever hope of catching them. We also play #1/2 Ranked DELTA Twice, one is a makeup the other a schedule game right after the holidays. We still have some tough games vs. the Nationals, and of course the Hades who are sitting low in the standings because of the games in hand.

Our Group 2c STILL has 4 teams with only one Loss this season... CERTAINLY that will change before the seasons end.

Anyhow, everyone have a safe and good holidays.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you look at the history of your guys, they tend to start fast, fall asleep through the winter (Hockey Season), then have their better games after X-Mass...usually when you get lower turnouts, but more PT for the main group of guys. So, given this, given your guys are maturing more every year, are getting more experience, and are still young and athletic enough, I say the two top teams better be wary when playing you guys.

Good luck...I think you guys have a very serious shot. Plus, nice low GA. You guys keep getting some scorring, and one training session per week, and you should be fine.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Good luck...I think you guys have a very serious shot.
You are right, they have a shot, at second place. You will need to beat Delta to finish second but I don't see you finishing the second half undefeated so second is the best you can do. Good Luck

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
You are right, they have a shot, at second place. Good Luck

And you also are "right", but even Second or third place in this tight group would be a good finish for us considering the goals we set at the start of the season.

Finishing Second or third in this group will likely require having no more than 2 losses, perhaps 3 at most. Which is an outstanding record in a 18 game season.

We would definately need some help from some other teams to finish 1st, perhaps some timely ties or losses.

All I have to add is that its not over till its over.... I remember a few teams shitting the bed last season during the home stretch.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Suburbanator

Any interest from your guys for a make up game on the weekend with Delta ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0