Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Preseason & September 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to harp on discipline and the FVSL's "interesting" punishments but...

Our keeper recieved 4 games for a red card picked up when he was not playing, scratched from the lineup and on the side line for yelling, "that's f*cking terrbile." Ref wrote up the report saying that it was referee abuse and that he has said, 'You are fukcing terrible." I can understand that we don't need that in the game and if it keeps up there would be nobody left to referee our games. But 4 games? Lets compare that to other punishments this year. 5 games for fighting. 3 games for getting beat up? An extra game for playing a suspended player who already served a game and then had to serve another. Whats the deal here? I agree all the offences I listed deserved some suspension, but the severity of each and the reasons for the punishments need to be looked at very closely. Just my rant and opinion. Any thoughts or shall we let the whole discipline issue go and get back to footy?

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

WOW is all I can say to that... wow...

kjohnsob, yes he was on the roster on the off chance he wanted to run up front just to get a run in, but he made the decision not to dress before the game even started. So I guess he was never scratched, but as far as I know he never planned on playing.

Regardless, and I hope someone from the league reads this, but that's disgusting. Especially when comparing it to some of the other suspensions that have been handed out thus far.

I appreciate that the refs in this league put up with a lot of crap, and it's particularily more difficult when there's only a handful of refs who regularily do our games, so when you get used to seeing the same crap from the same guys week after week, you get to a point where you just don't want to deal with it. And having ref'd for close to 15 years myself, I can personally attest for this, but I would HARDLY call that referee abuse, and to say he should consider himself lucky he didn't get 7 is even more ridiculous. A guy starts beaking from the sideline? Then toss him from the game and get on with it. If it's standard procedure to give him another game for being shown a red (which I still don't think he should have), then so be it, but to give him 4 games for that is just plain laughable.

The ref who did our game is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the more consistant officials in this league, and is one of the more highly respected ones as well. So while I don't know what went on at the disciplinary meeting, I wouldn't think his report would have been particularily damning in itself. But no matter what's in the report, at the end of the day, it's on the league to dish out the punishment, and I don't think they're doing a very good job of it. If someone is trying to prove a point, then the only point that's being proven to me is that someone needs to check their ego at the door and figure out how to do things consistently, properly and fairly.

akhtarmo

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
n ya i was one of the fat guys there i played in the middle for a bit and the only time you got the ball i got it right off of you...n then you just stood and watched helplessly.....but enough of that i'll do franchise a favor and leave you alone...

i dont even think i can acknowledge such a blatantly incorrect statement with a rebuttal . . . cheers mate

akhtarmo

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
good luck to everyone this weekend...akhtar hopefully you have fun with those fun stolo mothrfckrs tonite in the middle

hey i had a blast with them tonight thank you very much, we won 4-2. i set up one and scored one from the middle. great effort from the boys especially in the second half, jamie scored 2 and eric scored a beautiful bicycle. one to next week and jimmy jones, you should learn to keep your mouth shut and let people assume your stupidy, rather than opening it and removing all doubt whatsoever.

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
good luck to everyone this weekend...akhtar hopefully you have fun with those fun stolo mothrfckrs tonite in the middle

He did...4-2 Pegasus Rangers over Stolo. Apparently your analytical skills are lacking. Your prediction couldn't have been more wrong. Credit to stolo they are a good team. They are fast, pass the ball well and a classy team overall..they got a bad name after week 1 but IMO don't deserve it. Some nice goals by Surrey tonight.

Matthew

Jan 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
He did...4-2 Pegasus Rangers over Stolo. Apparently your analytical skills are lacking. Your prediction couldn't have been more wrong. Credit to stolo they are a good team. They are fast, pass the ball well and a classy team overall..they got a bad name after week 1 but IMO don't deserve it. Some nice goals by Surrey tonight.

wow great job guys...way to bring the standings closer and make it an interesting season.

Matthew

Jan 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
YEA so westcoast 0 gunners 3...wow...what happen to div 2? These guys are def div 1 and should be in div 1. There passing is wicked and fitness is elite. We pretty much dress the same players we played with stolo, anyways we held them off till half and it was 0-0...i dont think either keeper had a shot on goal. 2nd half...we kinda sat back...gunners came out hard...and shot one off the cross bar and was prepared right in front to get the rebound and score. 2nd goal was a nice pass to there player who split our D and scored. And there 3rd goal was off a cross or a corner and a wicked header. 3-0...i think we had a total of 3 shots the whole game.
Good luck to stolo guys and the peg guys....both should be great games.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry matthew, but lets be honest, you only had 2 shots. the first was off the kickoff after our 3rd goal, which barely made our 18, the 2nd coming in the 90th minute. You guys did a great job of clogging your 18, keeping us to zero at half. it was fun playing the entire game in your half tho.

On the side, hows that guys ankle? that was an unfortunate late tackle, hope he makes a quick recovery. Stolo next weeeeek

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry matthew, but lets be honest, you only had 2 shots. the first was off the kickoff after our 3rd goal, which barely made our 18, the 2nd coming in the 90th minute. You guys did a great job of clogging your 18, keeping us to zero at half. it was fun playing the entire game in your half tho.

On the side, hows that guys ankle? that was an unfortunate late tackle, hope he makes a quick recovery. Stolo next weeeeek

It was like two shots, I don't know how people can play on a friday night. I think I spent almost an hour in traffic getting to the game. You guys are a good young team but we had nothing we weren't playing good at all. I don't think I won one header and thats rare, just wasn't into it. You did play in our half the whole game but if you didn't try all that fancy shite you would have probably scored more. You guys know you shouldn't be playing in div.2. How many guys are playing multiple games this weekend because it seemed alot of guys were talking about it. it is probably more then half right??? Oh well this season is goin to shits 0 points after 4 games sucks especially when we are 2-2.

WestCoast...What??? a 280 pounder shouldn't be playing 90 mins every week.

Rodzilla

Sep 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey i had a blast with them tonight thank you very much, we won 4-2. i set up one and scored one from the middle. great effort from the boys especially in the second half, jamie scored 2 and eric scored a beautiful bicycle. one to next week and jimmy jones, you should learn to keep your mouth shut and let people assume your stupidy, rather than opening it and removing all doubt whatsoever.

stupidity is what you were looking for i guess. You should really spell it right if your gonna call someone stupid. otherwise, it's kinda stupidy

Attachments

• 10_4_4v[1].gif
    10_4_4v[1].gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 153

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
crazy games so far this weekend. good job Peg Rangers. unlucky Westcoast. I called the Gunners coach last year to see if I could come watch them train, to learn some new things. but I never made it out. Bob is the best coach outside of Premier and even then I think he would be one of the top coaches. he has you boys playing great football...er soccer. skilled players passing and making the smart runs. hard to beat that. next weeeks game against Sto'lo will be awesome. must win for Sto'lo to stay in hunt and if the Gunners win (I think they will) the league will pretty much be theirs.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

well this is ttp where we are supposed to talk shite..i made a prediction n i was wrong so i could care less..well done on the win last nite.did u guys have a full squad out?...

akhtarmo

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
well this is ttp where we are supposed to talk shite..i made a prediction n i was wrong so i could care less..well done on the win last nite.did u guys have a full squad out?...

thanks, we only had 12 guys, pretty much 11 cuz tyler got injured 5 minutes into the first half, and didnt come on until 10 left in the game.

akhtarmo

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
stupidity is what you were looking for i guess. You should really spell it right if your gonna call someone stupid. otherwise, it's kinda stupidy

yea sorry mate, was just too pumped after the win to spell check haha u make a good point

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
thanks, we only had 12 guys, pretty much 11 cuz tyler got injured 5 minutes into the first half, and didnt come on until 10 left in the game.
yo there is a peg div 3 team...why dont you guys permit a few of there players up whenever you guys need players..like rite now with all your injuries?

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey we have Surrey Coyotes Sunday Night...any1 who played them this year have any tips or heads up to give us? Or is it the same team as last year that kinda just squeeked through Div.2 relegation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0