Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div. 2] Banter and results. Oct. 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMU 2-1 WRU

I'm still sore from this match...Tough battle out in Delta yesterday between two fairly evenly matched squads. WRU got the first marker of the match about 30 seconds before half :mad: on a beautifully taken free kick just outside the 18 that was headed home into the top corner by #10 (easily their best player today). I'll call it as it was at that point: We played like shite for the first 45 by our standards, though we did generate a couple of good chances but did not have much in the way of possession.

Second half, different story. After a fairly even 15 minutes from half, we took over and dominated the last 30. Eventually we managed to knock home a rebound to tie the match about 15-20 minutes from time, and then got a similar marker with about 4 minutes to go to take the win.

Full credit to WRU, as they deserved a draw today for their efforts, and to be honest so did we. However, we managed to pull out the win with a solid team effort. Things got a bit messy at the end of the match, with WRU's #5 complaining a bit too loudly and crudely about a tackle that ultimately earned him a yellow after the whistle, and as well their stopper received a well-deserved red just prior to time for his, 'objections' to the same tackle and his 'observations of the referee's abilities.'

Good match, and well done by boys of WRU. Nice to see them all again. On to Aldergrove next week...

~Shaven

thedefender

Sep 22, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Great summary :rolleyes: the game was tied 0-0 at half,but when our crusty old coach decided to give The King a run in the second half that's when, N.Coquitlam fell apart we ran them off the pitch....anyone got a cheese burger? the Kings hungry

The King? Is that what your calling yourself these days?:bronco: Lol im just messing with you KH. Good game, and well played by the rest of the Rams squad. We finally got the ball to bounce our way hopefully we can continue to play the way we are now. On to Coquitlam nest week.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
thedefender said:
The King? Is that what your calling yourself these days?:bronco: Lol im just messing with you KH. Good game, and well played by the rest of the Rams squad. We finally got the ball to bounce our way hopefully we can continue to play the way we are now. On to Coquitlam nest week.

Did the king put any in the net??

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
#5 complaining a bit too loudly and crudely about a tackle that ultimately earned him a yellow after the whistle

Wonder why that was? Was it:

a) the cracked shin pad as a result of the tackle;
b) the lump that appeared instantly as a result of the tackle & grew to the size of an egg by the end of the night;
c) the 2 studs marks either side of the aforementioned lump; or
d) all of the above.

The ref claimed that the tackle was all ball & no contact had been made - despite being shown 'a' through 'c'.

As it happens, no yellow was given - the fact that he couldn't look me in the eye & say that the damage that was done was made by a ball & not a boot says it all.

Rematch is going to be good, on a leaf & branch free pitch :cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full credit to WRU, as they deserved a draw today for their efforts, and to be honest so did we. However, we managed to pull out the win with a solid team effort. Things got a bit messy at the end of the match, with WRU's #5 complaining a bit too loudly and crudely about a tackle that ultimately earned him a yellow after the whistle, and as well their stopper received a well-deserved red just prior to time for his, 'objections' to the same tackle and his 'observations of the referee's abilities.'

Can somebody get me a photo of Shaven? I need proof that he actually has a stick lodged up his ass.

Thanks in advance.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Can somebody get me a photo of Shaven? I need proof that he actually has a stick lodged up his ass.

Thanks in advance.

You try and be somewhat respectful, and look what it gets you...

...Dude, you're an ass. Any mirror will tell you that...:D

~Shaven

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woodsy said:
The tie really sucks but we didnt deserve any better. But no hot dogs after the game!!!! That really sucks
Next game will be a different story, we now have our leading goalscorer back so he can put away some more "beauty" goals and i heard that sliver and guru are practicing their hot dog cooking roasting on thursday

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey canuckboy. Just when you thought the schedule sucked the most with you guys playing saturday night at 9; they changed it and you are playing Monday at 9. That's awesome. Have fun after work!!

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Work? I got myself a sugar mama, must have something to do with the 12 inch tounge and ability to breathe through my ears.

bricktop

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The poco city halloween bash tonight was a blast. I especially want to thank the wives and girlfriends of the team for winning the Tigers pearl necklace contest.
Tigers on a roll boys. Watch out.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 6-0 DMU

We were shite, and they were committed to winning. End of match analysis.

~Shaven

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel for you. We were on the wrong end of an Aldergrove humping earlier this season.

Their home parks have always been a bitch to play. You know at the very least you're in for a hard 90, win or lose. They work hard, tackle hard, and never stop. Not the most skill in that club, but the right mindset.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dewdney Coachmen 9 Farmers 2.

Not much to say really. It was 7-1 at half and 3-0 after 15 minutes. Their team worked hard right to the end and kept it clean which was a big difference from the Sikh's last week who bitched the entire game and were filthy. Good on the Farmers.

JTL

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans 1-0 Poco

We pulled this out but we deserved the victory. We are finally creating solid chances and have been unfortunate the last two weeks. We changed formation for the game and were missing two out of four backliners and it showed at the beginning as they were making numerous runs through. We turned it around and put the pressure on them and earned a pk which was put in off the post. From there we pushed for a second and were unfortunate as we missed two sitters and had a bad call on an offside. There was a direct shot on goal, the goalie stopped it, the ball went to our player who put it in only for the whistle to sound. When the goalie plays it, it puts the player onside. All in all a good game and the ref did a fantastic job.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 4 GETitians 2
ACBC Dominated from the get go,,was nice to have some of our guys back from injury,,Few more still to come..Very clean game and some questionable offside calls as there always is,,Why dont we pay a little more and get linesmen for our games cause that would help the Refs out and stop the abuse the Refs take when its so hard for them to make perfect calls on the offside. Linesmen would also help the Ref on the behind the play bullcrap that happens ever so often plus many other issues you know of... Its only $25 more bucks.
What do you think?

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 2 Surrey 1

Game could easily have finished 5-3 - sitters missed by both sides.

We were comfortable for the majority of the game - they caused some problems for the first 10mins until our 'D' worked out how to play their forwards.

We were 1 up at the half from a nice move down the left wing; then went 2 up about 10mins into the 2nd when a switch of play caught them short of numbers at the back & our winger beat their last man before slotting past the keeper.

They pulled a consolation back with 7 to go that led to some jittery moments; but we had chances before the end to close the game out.

Good clean game...no cards this week...the ref even had some banter with the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0