Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div. 2] Banter and results. Oct. 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like someone's been burned by the offside trap a few times.
;)

Linesmen in Div2? Seriously, this is rec soccer. Besides, we'd be getting some young punk who does know the rules anyways, or is too cold to make the call.
Besides, i wouldn't subject linesmen to the crap the refs put up with.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No not at all,,everyone has been burned true but thats not what im talking about,,div 2 div 3 whats the diff were playing the same game here and it would make it better with linsemen and any qualified ref would do or they shouldnt be out there.and exsactly what the refs put up with because they simply cant make a fair call on the offsides,,they cant be in 2 places at the same time.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse, we can't get good refs in Div 2 (last weeks ref excepted). What do you think the linesmen will be like, the ref will overrule or make the calls himself anyway.
AND get you paws off my beer money.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My balls would like to thank the ND Nationals for cancelling last nights 9PM game. Oh and Woody they would like to say hello to your wife. :)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
True that some of the refs need some schooling but how else are the younger refs going to get exsperiance if they cant ref or line a Div 2 game,,Sorry mabee Im beatin a dead horse with some of you but I really feel it would be better for the game all around if we had linsemen,,,Cup games for sure..

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was wondering if i could borrow a pair of ACBC's team mittens so im not so cold at the sausage fest after the game watching my buddy piss on himself near the fence or something. And canuckboy - keep the wife out of it!!!! Whatever she does on her own time is her business. Doubt it would be the nationals though because they suck worse than Poco. (ouch)

Woodsy

Apr 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey yoda - where is the match of the week or are you bored with that already? For some reason when Celtic is involved there is an uproar?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse said:
ACBC 4 GETitians 2
ACBC Dominated from the get go,,was nice to have some of our guys back from injury,,Few more still to come..Very clean game and some questionable offside calls as there always is,,Why dont we pay a little more and get linesmen for our games cause that would help the Refs out and stop the abuse the Refs take when its so hard for them to make perfect calls on the offside. Linesmen would also help the Ref on the behind the play bullcrap that happens ever so often plus many other issues you know of... Its only $25 more bucks.
What do you think?
No.... stop all that fitness training before games and offside won't be a problem... you guys are the hardest working pregame team I've seen!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, kids stuff, work, and wife..............giving me massages have kept me away.
I'll try to get it done tonight during my massages
:rolleyes:

I think everyone could agree that the MOTW this week was the Celtic game.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse said:
Oh christ i give up already,,see ya behind the fence,,,,
HEY... don't give up now.... there's plenty more reasons to have linesmen.... Checking for holes in the nets before games... doing the line-ups so the ref can tend to more important things.... like making sure the pea in his whistle is up to snuff etc.... keeping players in check on the sideline, and BACK of the line.... taking names of players and fans abusing the refs from the side... all compelling arguments.... don't quit now ! ! ! :rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
HEY... don't give up now.... there's plenty more reasons to have linesmen.... Checking for holes in the nets before games... doing the line-ups so the ref can tend to more important things.... like making sure the pea in his whistle is up to snuff etc.... keeping players in check on the sideline, and BACK of the line.... taking names of players and fans abusing the refs from the side... all compelling arguments.... don't quit now ! ! ! :rolleyes:

Also to be their so that Medford can have his pre-game shti, and shot of Jack Daniels.

Backline16

Mar 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
like making sure the pea in his whistle is up to snuff etc.... QUOTE]

Wow, Guru you are old. When's the last time a ref had an old pea whistle? Okay, maybe Merv, but the new technology in the Fox40 is the preferred whistle nowadays...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0