Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Banter and Results November '08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ref blew (and by blew i mean didn't blow) 2 blatent pk calls for nomads...shocking how a ref can have such a negative influence on a game just because he doesnt like a few players...anyways, we had 10 guys, with a few of those injured and one call up from div 3 (who played well btw)...what do you expect...I am glad however, to see the bearcats in the win column, they are a good group of guys, just wish the W didn't come at our expense :)

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
peg 1 - coyotes 0....they didn't play better than us but won. not much to say. we had 2 and a half chances and we didn't capatilize they had one or two chances and scored in the 88th minute. not the best soccer to watch possession must have been 50/50 ball was mostly in the middle. our guy missed two open chances. no excuses if you can't score you can't win. hats off to peg for scoring their one chance hopefully they demolish stolo again next weekend.

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
peg 1 - coyotes 0....they didn't play better than us but won. not much to say. we had 2 and a half chances and we didn't capatilize they had one or two chances and scored in the 88th minute. not the best soccer to watch possession must have been 50/50 ball was mostly in the middle. our guy missed two open chances. no excuses if you can't score you can't win. hats off to peg for scoring their one chance hopefully they demolish stolo again next weekend.

Yeah sounds about right. 1st half was pretty even. You guys probably had a bit more posession in the second half, but neither team created many chances. You guys had 2 chances and orange boots couldn't finish on either. We had maybe 1 &1/2 chances and finished. Good luck next week

undisputed26

Sep 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah sounds about right. 1st half was pretty even. You guys probably had a bit more posession in the second half, but neither team created many chances. You guys had 2 chances and orange boots couldn't finish on either. We had maybe 1 &1/2 chances and finished. Good luck next week

Good game man hows the knee? I think that was you that got injured in the 1st half

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah good game. Unfortunately that was me.. I injured it badly last spring and its never been 100%. Hopefully it doesn't mean another couple months on the sideline.

surfer

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby Arsenal1-0 over Coq.Ajax.The ref was slightly better than the field.No...sorry,the field was most definetly better than the ref.That field makes the park at Bradner look like Swangard.
Both teams played with heart.I can't remember too many games when a red card is handed out because a guy won't shake the ref's hand.

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
peg 1 - coyotes 0...

you should be banned from TTP, after all the shite talk between you and akhtarmo you didn't even play pussy...

i ****ed up and had a mental slip and liam punished us on the goal... they got a lot of good talent between liam, the #20 and akhtarmo in the middle...

we were just garbage today... our possession just fell to shits and we panicked under pressure...

no offense to peg guys they ran their guts off and props to them for the win

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby Arsenal1-0 over Coq.Ajax.The ref was slightly better than the field.No...sorry,the field was most definetly better than the ref.That field makes the park at Bradner look like Swangard.
Both teams played with heart.I can't remember too many games when a red card is handed out because a guy won't shake the ref's hand.

that's legendary!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was only at our (nomads) game for the first half and that is all I needed to see to know we were never going to get a result.

The Level of Officiating from this guy is absolutely shocking. We will be filing a report Tomorrow morning.

in the first 45 alone:
1 blatant 2 footed mistimed slide tackle into our guy from behind/side for what should have been a sure peno
2 "Offsides" where our defender is just running past their defended when the whistle is blown
2 missed handballs on them in our final third of the field
1 yellow card (to me) for apologizing to the ref for starting to walk away from him before he could finish berating me

I could go on.

With performances like that from referees that are there to enforce the FIFA laws of the game and not make it up as they go along may be one the various reasons that we are only getting 10/11 guys to games of late :rolleyes:

Obviously they scored, and we were never going to get a proper chance to do so, so a loss to Columbia was what it always was going to be.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry about the field Surfer, that's what happens when you use fields for football and soccer, it was all mud last week and they brought in a whole bunch of sand, got rid of the mud, but both teams were playing beach soccer. We missed 3 or 4 glorious chances in the first half that should have been the game, you guys scored a nice header goal to take the lead. Second half we pressed hard for the equaliser but no luck today, your defender saved you the win with a headed clearance off the goal-line in the dying seconds, good match. Now....for the ref...absolute shocker. I know that we have a lot of yappers on our team..but come on. Our defender goes in hard on a tackle (foul) ref calls it, but the guy starts questioning him,,,ref tells him to shut up...keeps talking..three times ref tells him to keep quiet and then pulls a straight red...guy keeps talking and starts leaving...ref shows red again and tells him to get off...and then flashes a yellow????? Guy is on the side-line ref tells him to leave the park..again more yelling at ref from everyone....ref says he's not going to start the game until he leaves and no added time...guys has almost left the park our other defender says "ref are you going to start the game?" ..yellow card (his third of the year and he misses the next game:mad:) After the handshake with the other team, one of our guys says don't shake the refs hand, ref calls him over and says "what did you say?" nothing, the guy says,,,, I heard you.. shake my hand!!!! Our guy says no way am I shaking your hand....red card!!!unbelievable.. I was right there and say "ref theres no way you can give him a red for that, he doesn't have to shake your hand" ref says "I didn't give him a red for not shaking my hand, I gave him a red for what he said!!!even more puzzling! So next game we've got our three defenders out for yapping, no dirty tackles, no fights, just questioning the ref! Our report will be in tomorrow, but probably useless as the league has to defend their refs, but now I've got guys wanting to quit and not put up with this BS (sorry this is so long):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is with them filling grass fields with sand??? We played out in Chilliwack and the whole field was sand. I took a shot on goal it felt like I was in a sand trap. Horrible. Invest in turf. Grass is not needed around here. My knee is scratched to shite.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Level of Officiating from this guy is absolutely shocking. We will be filing a report Tomorrow morning
Hey what did this reff look like? We had quite a similar run in with a referee, apparently this guy is quite well known for problems...hopefully u guys didnt have the same one..

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 2- Wolves 0..... A lot different team than we saw the 1st time...I think they were short on a few players... Pretty relax game, i had 1 shot on me all game. We scored our 1st about 10min into game, then burried a second 10 min later off a beautiful laser beam of a shot from our midfielder... They came out firing in second half, and probably had a little more posession than we did...but we put up a lot of chances as well. Overall a quality game, and they didnt back off.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone going to give a game recap on that? Holly shite!

we had many chances with only 10 men.....9 of our own and one D3 call up (who played very well, but made the mental lapse that cost the goal). We hit a post, keeper made 3 or 4 good saves, had lots of problems with the ref who never ran once, horrible offsides and cards, no extra time at the end of the game, and our defender made one mistake by not passing it back to me when i called, forward stripped it from him, walked in all alone on me and slotted it home......never recovered.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With 25 Signed?

ya go figure sub........don't know what to say bout that at all......pretty sad when 25 guys are signed and for 3 weeks in a row, dont have any subs and short players due to excuses like weddings, bdays, injuries, etc, etc, etc.

All i know is that its getting a little old, especially when you got certain guys, like myself and kjohns, who are there week in and week out. NO EXCUSES! I don't make plans for sat nights when I know i have a game. I make my plans around the game. I payed to played and I take my soccer seriously (even though it is only div.2) and I will continue to be there every week with no excuses. But it gets kinda demoralizing after a while. Especially when my father comes out to watch the games and is so disgusted by the turnouts over the past few weeks he leaves without saying anything to us. That's cause he's as pissed as I am.

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 2- Wolves 0..... A lot different team than we saw the 1st time...I think they were short on a few players... Pretty relax game, i had 1 shot on me all game. We scored our 1st about 10min into game, then burried a second 10 min later off a beautiful laser beam of a shot from our midfielder... They came out firing in second half, and probably had a little more posession than we did...but we put up a lot of chances as well. Overall a quality game, and they didnt back off.

Yeah thats basically how it went down, 5 Guys Missing today with injurys and what not, 1 that got injured in the game, and 1 that had to sit out with 3 yellows. We have just not been playing our game lately and are in desperate need of the holiday to come.
It was a good game in the 2nd half, had a lot of fun talking to their backline. Good group of guys and wish them the best for the rest of the season.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya go figure sub........don't know what to say bout that at all......pretty sad when 25 guys are signed and for 3 weeks in a row, dont have any subs and short players due to excuses like weddings, bdays, injuries, etc, etc, etc.

All i know is that its getting a little old, especially when you got certain guys, like myself and kjohns, who are there week in and week out. NO EXCUSES! I don't make plans for sat nights when I know i have a game. I make my plans around the game. I payed to played and I take my soccer seriously (even though it is only div.2) and I will continue to be there every week with no excuses. But it gets kinda demoralizing after a while. Especially when my father comes out to watch the games and is so disgusted by the turnouts over the past few weeks he leaves without saying anything to us. That's cause he's as pissed as I am.

Yeah try playing on a team with 36 signed and only getting 9 to 11 guys out each week. and thats for home games aswell as away games.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0