Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, is what it is, our team is beat up I guess and players having commitment issues... I'm sure we could have fielded a team but I'm pretty sure most guys have given up on the year after our disappointing loss to sentinel

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 2
Black knights 2

Nights played well and carried most of the play we just tried to play defensive having only 11 guys show and 2 guys with injuries. We got the first goal after the knights had just missed one of there many chances and put our first good opportunity away, first half ended 1-0. Second half started we gave the ball away in the midfeeild and the knights quickly turned and countered us. Making it 1-1 about 5 mins into the second. Game conibtued and our keeper made some great saves to keep us in it, then we got another quick break and our guy hammered a cross across the 6 yard box and our guy was standing on the other end and put it away. With about 20 to go the knights really started to come on as we were fading and just trying to keep the lead. Unfortunately with about 10 to go plus stoppage one of our injured guys couldn't continue and we went a man down, knights had all the control at this point as we were in survival mode, almost did it but in the 1st minute of stoppage time a bad pass instead of a clear of the ball up the field went to a knights player who sent there guy in on a tight angle shot and he did a good job finishing it, game finished out 2-2 would been great if a couple of our missing 10 guys would have showed. Well on to next week

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another 6-point classic tonight. Dynamo vs Celtic at the neutral 'Westview turf'. This match will essentially determine if we will get a crack at provincials or not.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 3 - 1 Celtic

After a couple big stops from their keeper and a handful of missed opportunities in the first 15 minutes, they had us a bit nervous with 6 points on the line. When we finally got the first goal they equalized immediately with a nicely placed free kick from ~20yrs out. 1-1 at half.

We kept coming but were having trouble finishing including a pk that missed outside the left post (weekend pres cup match still haunting us). We finally scored off a cross that somehow made its way through the box along the ground and was put home. Got another one late to finish 3-1.

Always a pleasure playing the Celtic boys. Good on-field banter and zero whining. Class group.

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Safc 0
Surrey united 1

Good game by both teams in my opinion not too many chances given either way. Was a tough game to play with only 12 guys but we kept our composure and got a goal in the last minute off a fast break, feel kind of bad for safc because they're battlng for provincials but we are trying not to get relegated at the same time, next game against pmo hopefully get another win

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 1-4 Pomo

The score wasn't really a fair reflection of the game. They were the better side, however It was no where near as one sided as the score suggests. Both teams had chances, their keeper made some great saves, and ours did too throught the game. Not sure who's leading the race but Dave Peacock managed to bag 3 for them in his effort to get golden boot.

Defeats any small chance we had of making provincials. Both teams seemed to be feeling the effects of playing so many games in such a short period, they had 13 guys, we had 12 with one going down 5 mins into the game. Sparta on Wednesday, and I guess that completes a decently successful first year for our lot.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 1 - Poco 0

Big win for us. Poco definitely had more spells of possession but I think for the most part we sat back and held them at bay. Caught them on a counter midway through the first half for the only goal and held on from there.

Only question, why did you tell us the change rooms were closed to only to appear from them later? I guess a little besides the point as the beer still tasted great...

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 1-0 Knights
Kind of like how Knights vs Royals sounded..we played pretty deep and our keep definitely kept us in it. 5mins left we pot one off a random break and a good finish by our striker. Finally got some of our regulars back and were holding out for a draw until the last minute goal. Couple more games to try to stave off relegation...gonna be tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0