Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL] Div 2 2016/2017 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, where is the love??

I play all home games (except when Sparta is involved!), its those road games where it gets dicey, my price per km is getting bigger as I age.

Mission started off 1-0 on a 50/50 PK, where their guy is 1 vs 2 on us and he runs between the defenders and does a great flop. Perfectly timed. One of those where 5 refs call it and 5 don't. We tie it up really quickly, like a minute later which really helped us get a little confidence. Their keeper came up big for the rest of the half.

We come out strong the first 15 and get 2 as they seemed a little flat. Rest of the half pretty even.
I didn't hear any chirping as I'm sooooo focused on the game. Their front men were good lads. Nice win for us.

TheWayUnequal

Nov 8, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard Celtic may only have 9-10 hopefully they get some bodies this weekend. It's return from out of town work next weekend. Good luck gents.

TWU 5 - 0. Celtic only fielded 10 guys and finished with only 8. Didn't even last the full 90. Decent team and probably would have done much better with a full squad. Nice way to get our first W. On to next week

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
@pegleg was vintage last night. @InanimateCarbonRod must have been On another vacation, he is absent as much as @ZidaneFan 's dad was when he was growing up :)

We put 2 over the bar from less than 3 yards out, so the score should have been more. Clean game. One thing of note, their bench were chirping their own players all game, wtf?! That's just sad:confused:

You guys deserved the win no doubt and sure you guys had a couple of very good chances. However we missed chances too, and the game could easily have been 3-3, I know I missed two I would normally put away towards the end, one of those at 2-1.

As for our bench I didn't hear any chirping but I wasn't happy with how we got on each other's backs so much on the field.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission started off 1-0 on a 50/50 PK, where their guy is 1 vs 2 on us and he runs between the defenders and does a great flop. Perfectly timed. One of those where 5 refs call it and 5 don't. We tie it up really quickly, like a minute later which really helped us get a little confidence. Their keeper came up big for the rest of the half.

I have to disagree even though it ultimately had no outcome on the final result what so ever. Maybe we had different angles but I was right by the ref and from where I was it looked like the CB got none of the ball and came right through the back of our striker who had flicked it past him. So from the refs point of view it was quite clear.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to disagree even though it ultimately had no outcome on the final result what so ever. Maybe we had different angles but I was right by the ref and from where I was it looked like the CB got none of the ball and came right through the back of our striker who had flicked it past him. So from the refs point of view it was quite clear.

I will split both your decisions... from my sideline view the defender did not impede the striker, the striker went down like faster than Monica Lewinsky on Bill Clinton, but why wouldn't he? *** SHAMELESS 90's REFERENCE FOR PEGLEG!***

The Defender was in his space, slightly from behind and awkward as f*ck with his legs and arms flailing about. Defender needs to be clean as a whistle on that play, especially with the referee 20 yards back and with the defender directly blocking the view of any contact. IF that was my striker I'd be expecting a spot shot, so I am not that upset that one was awarded. I was 10 yards from the foul with a way better angle than the official would ever hope to have without sideline officials.

Good game overall, was surprised that Mr. Hill didn't generate more for Mission, We missed a ton of chances and the mission keeper was EXCELLENT, especially in the first 45 making 3-4 excellent saves. Keeper was MOTM for Mission without a doubt.

Good luck to everyone else this weekend.

BoldTurkey

Feb 19, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm afraid I was that "CB" (left back at the time, helping out the CBs on the play). Your forward and I were running for the ball when he grabbed at my wrist and initiated contact at the shoulder. I got all ball with my left foot, he hit my shoulder and went down. As we were lining up for the PK, he actually apologized to me for the flop, said "tough break".

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will split both your decisions... from my sideline view the defender did not impede the striker, the striker went down like faster than Monica Lewinsky on Bill Clinton, but why wouldn't he? *** SHAMELESS 90's REFERENCE FOR PEGLEG!***

The Defender was in his space, slightly from behind and awkward as f*ck with his legs and arms flailing about. Defender needs to be clean as a whistle on that play, especially with the referee 20 yards back and with the defender directly blocking the view of any contact. IF that was my striker I'd be expecting a spot shot, so I am not that upset that one was awarded. I was 10 yards from the foul with a way better angle than the official would ever hope to have without sideline officials.

Good game overall, was surprised that Mr. Hill didn't generate more for Mission, We missed a ton of chances and the mission keeper was EXCELLENT, especially in the first 45 making 3-4 excellent saves. Keeper was MOTM for Mission without a doubt.

Good luck to everyone else this weekend.

Fair enough in regards to the PK. Luckily for you guys it wasn't something that cost you points.

Good fun game overall besides the result.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 5 - Abby 3

I heard the ref messed up the Celtic game and cut it short after 60 minutes when it was 5-0 TWU . Now the game must be replayed

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only was able to see last 30 mins. Apparently they came out flying but couldn't sustain it. Seemed like we had the edge from what I saw, could've had a couple more.
Yah, I watched the game from the sidelines. Broken hand that may require surgery. Will find out next week. Thanks R-tee

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only was able to see last 30 mins. Apparently they came out flying but couldn't sustain it. Seemed like we had the edge from what I saw, could've had a couple more.
Yah, I watched the game from the sidelines. Broken hand that may require surgery. Will find out next week. Thanks R-tee
You injured again? Surgery again? Man oh man, your msp card get air miles or something? :D
Sorry to hear it.
Side note: did not know there were other Sparta on here.......sort of

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting thought/question: Why does div. 2 always have the most ttp traffic versus any other division in the entire Fvsl?
@Regs free premium ttp accounts for all of the most frequent contributors here?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier used to have a bunch of banter, then those guys went to masters and all the new premier kids can only use the internet when their teacher takes them to the library or they're done there homework. Div 3 is slowly picking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0