Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & BBQ updates February 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely agree with you 100% sixfyv.Without your D all on the same page defensive wise as a keeper it could become a nightmare. All my success as a keeper is based solely on the hard work of the team in front of me without exception. I would be the first to give credit where credit is due.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that is pretty much a universal feeling. In this game, a very good keeper has the duty of making one, maybe two very big saves a game- and the pressure of playing mistake free. The type where the D has been broken down, and a clear goal scorring chance develops.

An average or poor team in front will inflate any good or even great keeper's numbers.

I tell you this much, I can think of maybe two or three games all year where the very best keeper in Premier would have made a difference between winning and losing, or losing and tieing- and one of those was arguably as much one of our defender's mistake anyhow. The rest were well taken goals- either developed off our defensive errors, or simply a great build-up.

Point blank- our play in front of our keeper sucked up to about January, while now it is much more accountable (except Saturday, where for 60 minutes our guys played like they didn't give two shits, and Dynamo made us pay).

You know, blocking shots with our asses and stuff.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somehow despite the Rangers shocking offensive ability they have managed to make all the talk about how good their defense is.... These guys are good

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
.... These guys are good

For a guy who wondered when he first came on here why everyone was on our 'cack' all the time, I'm surprised you haven't figured this out yet. ;)

And yes, the only reason the Stoned Wall became a household name was/is because of the back line in front of him.
Couldn't swat a bee otherwise.

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would he have stopped that jinky little goal I put by you in the last Lizards / Muckers match?

~IbrokeCainy'sankles

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somehow despite the Rangers shocking offensive ability they have managed to make all the talk about how good their defense is.... These guys are good

:D

Too funny....and when that doesnt work we talk about geegers.....

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm simply throwing it out there in Verdana font, that I am the best. I can't play with one foot this Sunday as I would hurt the team, and Fuss has been playing solid. All I care about is the team, and winning the final two games.

Get my autograph on the sidelines if you want, but I most guarantee I will not be on the pitch. We'll see!

Also about our site, I am proud that every day I come on I log onto our site, because we are a team, and I care about what our team has to say or read about for our next games etc etc. You wish you had that. I bet you still have a soccer mom calling all the "kids" lol!

If she's hot, send her my way!

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You all should be worried, I had a pretty good practice today. I'm at about 80%. Start trembling Langley and TWU.

BTW, nice stats from that other goalie, but are you guys in first? Bad leadership I guess?

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice one Hat.....how long did it take you to come up with that? Must of found time between getting fades done in your hair!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm at about 80%. Start trembling Langley and TWU.

We would more likely tremble in fear of your teams offence.

Congrats on being at 80%. Thats remarkable. That puts you down to what, 200lbs? Remarkable. Keep up the rehab. ;) I need to take a page out of your book.

I am looking forward to our final game of the season, even the grass should hold up this weekend for our match.

Please keep your pints out of the parking lot. Weather permitting we should have the BBQ out.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to get Odog going,,again,,but we did have a great practice yesterday from 9 till midnight. Odog looked as sharp as ever and yes he has dropped more weight. Still I think were going with Fuss as we dont want to re-injure the dog as we have a big summer planned. It is so nice haveing 2 goalies that get along.
practice again tonight,,hope the guys work as hard tnight as they did lastnight.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
im gonna help odog out here boys as i feel we are ripping the guy but he still isnt learning too much....step 1 catching....odog make a dimond with your hands thumbs and finger #1 touching together..(do this now)....once sucessful with this step seperate your hands about 1inch...(ill wait for you to figure this step out)...still waiting......good..next rotate your hands about 15 degres away from your body..you have sucessfully made what we call a pocket...the ball should fit in between your hands now with a less chance of BOBBLING it everywhere which is problem one in your game...stay tuned next week and the weeks to foolow for such lesson plans as...squeezing the ball (which is the second part to catching and holding), lesson 3 will be goal kicks followed by lesson four agility and conditioning (will be a tuff lesson that one huh) lesson 5 will be atire (as you usually wear a gross jersey with horrible shorts and green socks) lesson 6 will be accepting how good (or not so) you really are...and well you get the picture. its my goal to make you a decent golie one day and with the right attitude youll just get there someday ol'boy....hahaha...plummer

out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0