Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January & February 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL DIV 1] Results, Banter & Predictions January 2009

We just lost 2-0 to the fcuking Strikers. If I had that cat shown above at home Saturday night I would have beaten it to death with a hammer.

Not to mention your wife took the piss out of you when she came and picked you up :D Since I spent all yesterday hung over on the couch, here's a quick game re-cap:

Both teams were still very rusty, although I think we would have looked great if me and Twin-A didn't choose to have our worst games of the year. I played so bad I almost made Dude look talented. Langley helped us out big time in the ref department, we've had him a couple times and he lets you play unless you start beaking at him, which Langley did. He began calling every ticky-tack foul on them while letting us play. The 2 reds were deserved (last man back, and 2 yellows for a guy trying to kill Twin-B). Game wasn't very close, I think the young kid had the breakaway when it was still 0-0, but other than that, no real chances until they had 9 :eek: Frank with a game saving clearance at 1-0 that saved us embarrasment ;) then rookie 7 stripped a guy and scored on the ensuing breakaway. On to the Rangers for 2 Friday Night Light specials in a row!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

OK...I'll give my 2 bits.

We both looked terrible. There is no sugar coating that.

You guys thought Graham's Red was deserved. This happened at about 25 minutes. The second card was a HARD yellow, not a red in any scenario. The issue we had was the first was very ticky-tacky. If anything, Graham showed he's still a bit young in that he didn't adjust his game to the ref. If he's sitting on no cards, fine, make that tackle.

From then on, there were very few chances either way. We had to adjust for being a man down. Hold the fort, and try and bang in one or two chances. Had Devon scored...if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

On your opening goal, we felt he was clearly offside, ref felt otherwise. That happens. At the time we were pressing forward a lot...we wanted 3 points, not 1. Then the second red for Billy Boy taking the kid down on a breakaway. A professional Red card. Again, happens...he tried to get his leg around to contact ball first, but yeah…the guy was last man back, and he took the player down. Hard to argue, and at this point we’re hoping for some sympathy from the ref. Didn’t happen.

Second goal actually came against the play again.

In summary, neither team looked good, the real story was the one sided officiating, where we certainly didn't help ourselves. Had you guys tied or lost that game, colossal missed opportunity.

Good luck moving on and keeping up in div. 1.

And Stallion…you need a month of shakes to shed the Christmas bulge there buddy. Being pulled from a match because Dude was killing you on the wing is not something you want everyone to know.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude:

Come over to the dark side...you know you want to. I need an apprentice goon to hand the mantle to. We also have a movement to better hair on our team - either the full salad or shaved and streamlined.:D

Trece

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

And Stallion…you need a month of shakes to shed the Christmas bulge there buddy. Being pulled from a match because Dude was killing you on the wing is not something you want everyone to know.

We had some guys who hadn't played in a while and figured to get them some minutes it might as well be against someone we wouldn't have to worry about :D

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trece,

If you need Dude's number, he tells you in his promotional video.

[ame="http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=SDk_ZfYuyfY"]YouTube - Hair Club For Men Commercial (1986)[/ame]

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We had some guys who hadn't played in a while and figured to get them some minutes it might as well be against someone we wouldn't have to worry about :D

The weezing and swearing was a nice touch on the sell job to get you pulled off, too. They had no clue you were looking out for their best interest. No worries mate- secret is safe with me.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

The weezing and swearing was a nice touch on the sell job to get you pulled off, too. They had no clue you were looking out for their best interest. No worries mate- secret is safe with me.

I'm a team first kind of guy ;)

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stallion, I'm glad to see those early session affirmations have done you well. Nice couple of weeks you guys have put together.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stallion, I'm glad to see those early session affirmations have done you well. Nice couple of weeks you guys have put together.

Yeah, it's too bad we waited so long, but we'll be poised nicely for next year, as we now know the compete level needed to be successful in D1.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeah, it's too bad we waited so long, but we'll be poised nicely for next year, as we now know the compete level needed to be successful in D1.
i'm gonna go out on a limb here, but i'm guessing that "complete level" would be winning more than 4 games? btw props on the win over the weekend :rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

i'm gonna go out on a limb here, but i'm guessing that "complete level" would be winning more than 4 games? btw props on the win over the weekend :rolleyes:

No, it's more the "just because you have more talent and have barely lost in 2 years doesn't mean teams are going to give you games" compete level. We thought after watching games last year that D1 wouldn't be any different, and we came out playing like that and it took us too long to turn it around.

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

No, it's more the "just because you have more talent and have barely lost in 2 years doesn't mean teams are going to give you games" compete level. We thought after watching games last year that D1 wouldn't be any different, and we came out playing like that and it took us too long to turn it around.

Stall,

Just curious as to whether I'm misreading your quote. Are you saying that the Strikers are the most talented team in Div 1?

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

of course he is saying that... he said that in div 3, in div 2, and now, with a couple of late wins under his belt, he is saying it in div 1... and next year he'll say it the whole year long...:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ummmm...no.

You guys won Saturday for several reasons, but superior tallent was not one. Pat yourselves on the back for what you did well:

~You kept the ref on your side while we did ourselves in.
~You played the majority of the game a man up against a team w/ zero subs. Played the last 10 or so two men up.
~Your coach ran a great bench, made the right subs at the right time.
~You deffinitely "competed". You guys did not buckle under pressure, and continued to push back.
~You mucked it out.

In terms of tallent...you are deffinitely the second most tallented div. 1 team in your club.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stall,

Just curious as to whether I'm misreading your quote. Are you saying that the Strikers are the most talented team in Div 1?

Definitely misread. In no way am I saying we're the most talented in D1. I was saying we've lost to less talented teams this year, for many of the reasons posted before.

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Definitely misread. In no way am I saying we're the most talented in D1. I was saying we've lost to less talented teams this year, for many of the reasons posted before.

OK, fair enough. I was just checking. Good job on the winning streak but unfortunately we're going to have to put an end to it.:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

What would you know? Rangers are soft. We, on the other hand, would have another weapon available. We may be a shitty soccer team, but we are one helluva snowball fight team.

Right now there is a blanket of about 3 cm. If the game were today, you'd be fcuked. By the end of tomorrow I bet it'll mostly be washed off Willoughby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0