Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Div 1] Results & banter - Nov 06'

1/2 PINT said:
Mariners vs Rangers CANCELLED

As the Rangers are not back from Mexico until late that night and they play Pak Cup on the Saturday.

I do not think the game would be played anyways...I think Abbotsford Parks and Rec has already closed the fields down for the week!
ya, we were going to give them the game if they did not want to cancel. Thanks again, but the pak game the next night is a little more important as we did not want to play back to back and risk injury or suspension for those that would have been at home.
We look forward to playing them as they are with out a doubt the surprise of the season so far.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Maxwell.

No games at all for the Rangers.

Enjoy the weather and tell the lads please.

P.M. me.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well not a good start to the second half of the season for the Highlanders. Only excuse is that as a team we did not show up to play. We were simply picked apart by a good team that showed up to play. I can not remember ever having an outing like that with our side. Simply an embarassing afternoon in Poco...............6 to 0.

Really not much else to say. :eek:

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow... unexpected result in DMU... maybe we have been underestimating the Group A teams???

maybe not. Gunners over chili today 3-1. Dutch wasnt there, but from what I heard it was a dominant performance, and the scoreline couldve been much worse for chili, if the gunners could shoot.

Reece

Sep 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

dutch08 said:
Wow... unexpected result in DMU... maybe we have been underestimating the Group A teams???

maybe not. Gunners over chili today 3-1. Dutch wasnt there, but from what I heard it was a dominant performance, and the scoreline couldve been much worse for chili, if the gunners could shoot.

Trust me, shooting wasn't the problem in this game. It was finishing the chances...

Chili goalie had a great game though today, and really caused some problems for our forwards with some gamesaving saves. Took us forever to finally crack one past him...

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Poco is a good side, though losing 6 bagel to any team is terrible. No underestimation, just a complete lack of anything by us. We simply were out worked, hustled, played and everything else that goes on in a game. Let's hope we can respond as a team in a positive way next week.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Aldergrove 5-4 GEU

quite proud of our boys today in the grove, although losing 5-4 we played the whole game with 10 men and even had one of our goalies playing right D, glad to see we fought hard even had a 2-1 lead and then came back from 4-2 to bring it within one. Aldergrove played well, taking advantage of the free man and really worked us up the field and scoring some nice goals. Both teams had some lucky goals thanks to the mud in the one goal mouth. To see the 10 boys who actually showed up today put in a hard effort and not giving up was a big step for us, a win would have been great but were happy with the way we battled and left with our heads high. Hopefully our team will actually show up next week and we can work for a needed win!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why aren't your coaches asking for players from the 27 Div. 2 teams?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

TheRob said:
Why aren't your coaches asking for players from the 27 Div. 2 teams?
Easy answer cause their coaches don't seem to include anyone else but the two teams?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Maybe they aren't sure about the tallent coming up?

:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ouch. ;)

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, but when you need to fill a roster for a game, why not take some guys from the Div. 2 squads? It just makes sense.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Franchise said:
is that a statement or question?
Either way it shouldn't make your phone ring for the call up so no worries.:D

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reece said:
Trust me, shooting wasn't the problem in this game. It was finishing the chances...

Chili goalie had a great game though today, and really caused some problems for our forwards with some gamesaving saves. Took us forever to finally crack one past him...
yeah we kept shooting across the damn net. i think the goalie was cheating on a few close chances as well, risky move, but it paid off on a few occasions. at least we got the convincing win

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

TheRob said:
but when you need to fill a roster for a game, why not take some guys from the Div. 2 squads? It just makes sense.

It does.
We call up O-35 guys from the reserves, I mean the Rangers, too.

Doc, Halvy & McGuire:
The time is right.
Make the switch.
Like Stepchild did in Mexico with that 'chick' and her large Adams Apple.

:bronco:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

The main problem is that we believe that the players are comming and then when it comes 10 minutes to kick off no one is there, they say they're comming and then just don't show up, so most of the time we think we have a full squad and usually end up with 1 or 2 subs at most:mad:

Baron

Nov 20, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Last weekend's results set up what should be a good one between Pomo and Peace Arch on Friday. Both teams are neck and neck in the standings and have found their scoring touch lately. (Peace Arch's 6-1 thumpin of the Raiders last weekend and the Gunners scoring 8 in the last two games after only scoring 5 in the first 7)

Not gonna offer a prediction because I'm no way impartial but looking forward to a good game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looking forward to seeing how the A & B sides compare.

We have Poco FC Reserves. Can anyone offer up a scouting report on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0