Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Div. 1 MOTW - Sept 9th to 11th

What is your MOTW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are some interesting matchups to kick the season off. Let's have a look at them.

Highlanders vs. Aldergrove

Aldergrove should have won promotion last year but choked near the end of the season. Will they come back solid or will the disappear to the middle of the pack. Where they would find the Highlanders. As long as STD plays for this team, well, never mind. MOTW material?

Rangers vs. GEU

GEU humped the Rangers in their final game of last season. The Rangers will be looking to start the season with a little bit of revenge. GEU is totally revamped. I know of at least three Premier guys who will be playing there, but the rest of the team is a bit of a mystery to me. MTOW material? Don't think so.

NDFC vs. Poco Raiders

You never know what you are going to get with the Raiders. They seem to get up for the big teams and then stink it up for the lesser lights. NDFC is new so they will be looking to make an early name for themselves. MOTW material? Perhaps.

Sporting vs. Port Moody

Not MOTW material. No summary required. Unless Brandon wants to do one. ;)

Whalley vs. GNSUFC

The battle of the Newbs and I suppose the Chutney Bowl of Div. 1? Some expect GNSUFC to be good. Count me in that group. On the other hand, I don't expect much out of the Hurricanes. MOTW material? Absolutely not.

Take your pick as to what your MOTW would be. A little writeup telling why would be nice.

Jesus riding shotgun in the Popemobile! The season starts in three days!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: MOTW - Sept 9th to 11th

The only reason i voted for Rangers and GEU is because it'll suck for the Rangers to start their season off with a loss.
GEU 3-1 as the old men can't keep up with the GEU forwards and the Rangers keeper i hear is a little suspect.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: MOTW - Sept 9th to 11th

Yoda said:
and the Rangers keeper i hear is a little suspect.

You guys shouldn't be so hard on Ian, from what I have seen he is a very good keeper, and if it wasn't for Stepchilds large asss he would have had a great 30 minutes vs. the Idiots last week, with some great saves.

HOS just happy to carry the cooler.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not worthy of true Chutney Bowl status, but I'll give it a Samosa Cup billing. The "no headgear" rule BCSA has implemented may rear it's ugly, erm, head, for this one.

Personally, I strongly support a no Sari ruling, with purple, red, or white Victoria Secret underwear being acceptable. For the ladies, that is...but I've always wanted to see T in purple.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
You're never happy.

You are Right, I am a Bitter Bitter Beer.

Look out GEU, I am not happy about driving to Albion on Friday, the only good thing is that I will get to see TheRobs wife in his Hot Tub after the match, can't wait.

hos

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MOTW, for me, has to Alder and the Highlanders. DMU will be looking to start out the season with a strong outing against a promotion contender, and show they can win the close matches. Alder should want to start what should be their promotion campaign with a key three points and a statement effort.

Alder 3-2 in a close one.

~Shaven

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think any of these games are worthy of MOTW....the only one that comes close is Rangers vs GEU. Just too many teams that have a lot of question marks. I think that goes for us too. I think this division will be tough and I was hoping that if things go well a top 4 finish is most likely in the cards. Promotion prediction for us is a longshot, its a rebuilding year.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only teams I have seen play are the Rangers and Aldergrove, although I played against the Rangers in the summer, I believe they were missing a lot of guys and had some PAU players out. Here are my predictions anyway:

Aldergrove 2-1 Highlanders = The Highlanders seem to keep games close but Aldergrove's chemistry and experience will get them the win.

Rangers 2-0 GEU = The Rangers will be a little bit too much for this team of mostly Div.3 Rams players.

Sporting 1-1 Fury = Don't know too much about these teams.

GNSUFC 3-0 Whalley = Though I don't think GNSUFC will be a threat for promotion I do think that Whalley will have way too many holes to be able to compete with them.

NDFC 2-1 PoCo Raiders = I don't have a clue what to expect from the Raiders, anyone want to help me out, old/young, skilled/scrappy, possesion/kick and run?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
the only good thing is that I will get to see TheRobs wife in his Hot Tub after the match, can't wait.

Actually she'll be in my hottub while he's warming the bench at the game.
:)

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
There are some interesting matchups to kick the season off. Let's have a look at them.

Highlanders vs. Aldergrove

Aldergrove should have won promotion last year but choked near the end of the season. Will they come back solid or will the disappear to the middle of the pack. Where they would find the Highlanders. As long as STD plays for this team, well, never mind. MOTW material?

STD doesn't play for us. He promoted himself to Div 2. :D

If the Blk Knights were still together I would have gone GEU/Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts