Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Div. 1 MOTW - Sept 23rd to 25th

Which game do you think should be the MOTW?

• Whalley vs. Poco Raiders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None worthy of MOTW.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, seeing as how we don't know who won some games because the FVSL site STILL isn't updated, I'm not sure I can.

Pftttt. Sure I can. :D

Here we go.

GEU vs. Highlanders

Well, don't know how GEU did yesterday but I guess they got killed. I actually haven't heard how Delta did either. That's all. MOTW? Who knows.

NDFC vs. Aldergrove

I guess the fast, skilled NDFC guys think this is worthy of MOTW. I think they will lose again. Aldergrove works hard and are just as physical as the Rangers. It would suck for the second coming of the BK's to lose again and start the year three games in without a win. Or would it? ;)

Port Moody vs. GNSU

How many weeks until Port Moody plays a real team? Talk about an easy start to the year. Two easy wins to date giving a team that needs it, a bunch of confidence. Maybe Big T could give us a rundown on the GNSU guys. Haven't heard a thing.

Sporting vs. Rangers

The Rangers will be looking to go 3-0 while Sporting will be looking to score. I heard that they picked up a bunch of guys this year and were going to compete. Guess not, but as we know, EVERYONE gets up for the Rangers. This one will be close. Could even be an upset in the cards. MOTW?

Whalley vs. Poco Raiders

Poco are playing ugly and getting points again. Look for them to beat the new guys. Whalley will have trouble with the 3 acre pitch at McLean. Damn that field is HUGE!

There you have them. The Div. 1 matches for the weekend. I wish I could be a little more descriptive, but with no results for some games it's hard to judge how everyone is doing.

You thoughts are welcome.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders, Port Moody, and the Raiders will win their respective matches handidly IMO.

Who knows with Sporting?
Probably the most inconsistent team to grace this Division other than the Highlanders of old.
Cnuts.
Yes, Milhouse I'm talkng to you. ;)
Give Heanjob a kick in the nuts for me also.
Fenian Bassa... :D
Right - Sporting.
I think we'll knock them off.
As we do...

MOTW?
NDFC/Aldergrove.

Come on Aldergrove then, :p

RF

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trust me RF, the Highlanders of "new" are just as inconsistent.

As for MOTW, Sporting - Rangers is usually a good tilt, but with Sporting's horrendous start it can't be MOTW.

I am going to say Pomo vs GNSU.

I think Pomo will win this game to go 3-0 along with Rangers and Aldergrove.

Other winners: Highlanders and PoCo

Schedulers were not kind to NDFC: Rangers last week, Aldergrove this week, Highlanders following week...3 of the top 5 teams from last year :eek:

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
is aldergrove the team that lost to the ND Titans of div 2 in the cup last year with that oversized Gravessin(sp) lookin guy up front??? if so this is the MOTW and i'll say NDFC 4- 1 Aldergrove. NDFC will be looking to show they DO belong up div one and will be showcasing the speed and tallent they definately possess to button mouths of doubters.FCUK SAKES!!!!!!!

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, Aldergrove is the team that went undefeated in Div 1 for something like 11 games and finished 1 point out of promotion. I think they finished something like 12-2-4.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
with their outstanding LEAGUE record aside......what i asked is if they lost in the cup to the nd titanns at NAP and do they have a very large bald striker that looks like Gravessin???

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
never mind.....they'd be in a different cup draw then. re-thinking my score in the MOTW right now.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 in favour of alderhole...some pretty impressing numbers from last season. don't know what team i'm thinking of?? does anyone? must be a div 2 team as well....green kits.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say a 4-0 game,, no no,, Aldergrove coming in to the game cocky with the thumpings they have been laying and playing a newly promoted side. NDFC to pressure and get maybe a goal, then Aldergrove to wake up and see it won't be a cake walk. Final score,
4-1. what?...?..

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate to lose confidence this early but I think we will struggle this weekend. It would have been nice to play some of the lower teams to get a chance to gel before we played all the top teams. I think the game will be much the same as last week alderhole pushing us around, and NDFC having trouble getting anything going. Completly turning things around against the same type of team as the rangers is a tall order. Possible yes likely I think not. What the fukc I'm I talking about NDFC 3-0.. :rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive,

just try sticking to your strengths. No one likes playing against a track meet. If the opposition trys to turn the game into a physical contest don't follow them. Leave your egos on the sideline and don't try to show them you can play dirty too. That's what they want you to do. Stick to your own game plan no matter how much the opposition tries to intimidate you. If you manage that and get results, it will frustrate them and force them to match your game. It's all abot discipline. Discipline and angles.

We picked out your number 5 as a possible threat right away. I didn't catch his name but I think it would be the only part of the guy I could catch. He has incredible speed and you really should be exploiting that more than you did.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As you see Bulljive the Celtic supporters view are not those of the "Scottish Animals"...er the Rangers supporters views. Listen to the wise man Jinky and just work as hard as them and leave the physical play for the Rangers when they play Alderhole...but this does not including Zaurrini as he's a softy.

Jinky will be the next coach of NDFC :p

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know we have been trying to find a way to get him more into it. WE know his speed can be a major threat because there really isn't too many people around that can run with him. Alot of our team consensus was that we didn't play physical enough and I basically said what you said. We are not going out physical the rangers or alderhole to a win. Thats not the game we play and the rangers dragged us in to it. If we did the same thing against aldergrove we won't have a chance. Sticking too our game is our only chance, but we are young and staying disciplined has always been a problem

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Highlanders, Port Moody, and the Raiders will win their respective matches handidly IMO.

Who knows with Sporting?
Probably the most inconsistent team to grace this Division other than the Highlanders of old.
Cnuts.
Yes, Milhouse I'm talkng to you. ;)
Give Heanjob a kick in the nuts for me also.
Fenian Bassa... :D
Right - Sporting.
I think we'll knock them off.
As we do...

MOTW?
NDFC/Aldergrove.

Come on Aldergrove then, :p

RF

RF-Easy on my nuts big man. If you want to say hello just say, " hello, I miss you. I'd love to talk. PM me." Then again I know that you folk from Govan kick each other in the nuts when you want to say "hi" .....something like that. :D

Anyways, you going to be wearing your Axel Rose , The Edge thinger bandana that you wear to Neil Diamond on Thursday? Let me know so I can wear the hoops! :eek:

heanjobwillalsowearhiscuptoneildiamondjustincasefrangerforevershows

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Jinky will be the next coach of NDFC :p

I believe they already have a Celtic man coaching them, he was the class act who came into the Surrey dressing room to thank the lads for the game.

Is that the legendary Mike Tyson Knock Out in your avatar termatofylakas ? Couldn't you find duck hunt?

Bulljive, as for your #5,there are plenty of ways to exploit his speed. You'll have to figure those out on your own but you might want to start by leaving him in the centre circle when defending set pieces as long as everyone knows that the ball must be cleared his way right away for the counter attack. Oh, I've said too much.

Zip.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Is that the legendary Mike Tyson Knock Out in your avatar termatofylakas ? Couldn't you find duck hunt?

Yes that is the legendary Mike Tyson's Punch Out in the pic. Now unless I am missing something I can get you the duck hunt avatar. Also please don't diss the NES. I just dusted mine off and since you mentioned Duck Hunt it's time to go play it. How many ducks would you like me to hunt for you and is Smallsy still your trainer or vice versa? If so I'll have to hunt a few more. :eek:

As for MOTW I'll go with the last option but if I had to pick one it'll probably be Moody vs GNSUFC with the latter pulling off the upset.

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
we have gotten an easier schedule so far and we face GNSUFC this weekend and then the raiders in week 4 and hopefully we'll be 4-0 as well as the rangers for a big week 5 tilt against them and then week 6 against aldergrove so those will be our 2 big test games to see where we stand. as we have a lot of newer players on our squad this year this schedule has worked out in our favour as it has given us a chance to practice up for the tougher games.

brandon

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
NDFC vs. Aldergrove

I guess the fast, skilled NDFC guys think this is worthy of MOTW. I think they will lose again. Aldergrove works hard and are just as physical as the Rangers. It would suck for the second coming of the BK's to lose again and start the year three games in without a win. Or would it? ;)
wow wow wow...nobody will ever be in the same class as the black knights (bk's)....
Im not so sure if that is a good or bad thing however. :confused:

MAYTHEBK'SRIP.

although they were physical games, much respect to therob and the rest of the rangers. The matches are greatly missed....

oh well. back to the premier thread i go :p

B

baggio15

BrandonSampson said:
we have gotten an easier schedule so far and we face GNSUFC this weekend and then the raiders in week 4 and hopefully we'll be 4-0 as well as the rangers for a big week 5 tilt against them and then week 6 against aldergrove so those will be our 2 big test games to see where we stand.....

..and the "counting your chickens before they've hatched award" goes to... :D

but seriously:
GEU vs. DMU: DMU 3-1
ALD vs. NDFC: ALD 2-0
Sporting vs. Rangers: Rangers 4-1
WUFC vs. POCO: POCO 2-1
PM vs. GNSUFC..... :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens