Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 FVSL Div.1 06/07 allignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the groupings are up:

Division 1 A
Abbotsford Mariners
Chilliwack Rapids
Columbia Bearcats
Golden Ears Utd SC
LUFC Dynamo
North Delta Lions
Poco City FC Reserves
Surrey Sporting FC
Twsawassen Royals

Division 1 B
Aldergrove Warriors
Delta Metro Highlanders
Dewdney FC Razorbacks
LUFC Athletic
Peace Arch United
Poco City FC Raiders
Port Moody Gunners
Surrey FC Rangers
Whalley United Hurricane

Thoughts?

Looking like side B is the tougher of the two. With the likes of Rangers, Razorbacks, & Raiders, we get to play two of the top 3 from last year, and what should be a strong Premier relegation in DFC. Can also say that playing Aldergrove and the Gunners last year was an absolute handful.

One nice thing about side B...less travel. Most games within a short drive from Langley, and only a couple just over the bridge in Poco / Pomo.

The other division appears much weaker, w/ more "expansion" teams, but the travel is murder. I like not having to go play out in Chilliwack, Abby, Twsawassen, or Maple Ditch.

Despite the tougher competition, I'm quite happy w/ side B. Playing the Rangers, Raiders, and Delta will be a blast of old school, hard nosed footy. Same w/ Aldergrove, come to think of it. The Gunners and Razorbacks are young, and I presume the Razorbacks will be pacey. I know the Gunners will be...hopefully the boys have spend a bit too much time at the Golden Spike Pub this summer, and their metabolisms are starting to slow.

Langley Athletic has the Saturday night Specials for home time, down at the new stadium.

Looking forward to a great season! :cool:

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side B definately looks to be the stronger side. The Peace Arch team was solid in the CAT league last year, and with the Rangers, Highlanders, Raiders, and Dewdney in there, that's going to be a tough top 5.

With NDFC and Storm folding, ND Lions (both Premier and Div.1) have picked up a few players from each team, so we'll have a lot more depth on both squads.

I thought I had read that everyone was going to play each other once, but I'm not sure if that was confirmed or just a guess by someone.

How is promotion/relegation going to work? A team from each side? or just the top two teams?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we play teams in our side twice, then they will cross over the table winners w/ 8th / 9th from Prem, and the top two out of that playoff will go up.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
NDFC folded? What's the story there?

I haven't gotten the whole story, but i'm sure bulljive can fill us in

with the Storm folding as well, there are a few guys returning to play where they grew up and played their youth... now we just need GN and the Rangers to fold, and everyone can come back to the club they grew up in.... we might as well start up a Huskies Alumni Team

screecher

Mar 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's my understanding that there's a hot young team that made some noise at the youth level that moved straight into div 1, but which team is it?
I see a couple of names that weren’t there last year.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
screecher said:
It's my understanding that there's a hot young team that made some noise at the youth level that moved straight into div 1, but which team is it?
I see a couple of names that weren’t there last year.

Abbotsford is the new young team.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
NDFC folded? What's the story there?

Basically what happened was we lost about 3 guys temorarily. one our captain one our manager, one being one of our best players. We lost both coaches, and had about 5 other guys leave, quit, or say they can't be comitted. Losing 8 guys, plus the coaches and have no more management makes it a bit difficult to recover especially a month before the season. Instead of sticking around and trying to stay up or be an embarrassement like Geu and showing up with 8 guys from time to time we decided to fold. Most guys will end up with the Lions premier or div 1 team. A shame because we started in div 4 and actually made it to div 1 by winning the divisions not by the league just promoting teams for numbers like they do every other year.

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to Aldergrove Undivided? As far as I know the Ald. Warriors are atotally different team.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Thanks bulljive - I take it you'll be a Lion this year?

I'll be playing with the lions premier team. currently we have about 5 guys that came to the lions premier or div 1. Not really sure where everybody will be put. We should have another 3 coming as well.

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
I think we play teams in our side twice, then they will cross over the table winners w/ 8th / 9th from Prem, and the top two out of that playoff will go up.
PURE SHITE:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry big bag. I guess I should have consulted my big ASS first. That nugget came from my little ASS, before you started berating me with hate mail and threatening phone calls.

BTW, I can see you outside my office right now. Word to the wise: that skinny sapling does little to conceal you, especially with those big freaking binoculars. Try mixing in one of the waste containers from the construction site down the street. And, if you really want an autograph, or more unsolicited league advise, you need only knock on the door. Ask Mrs. Utah: I'm more than accommodating to my fans.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.....sounds like somone is having a bad day.

The groups seem to be aligned well. The more established teams in one with the new squads in another. Maybe promotion will have to be gained by winning group "B"? This would make the new squads have to work there way up. It looks like the assumed weaker teams are in group "A" to me. I incl NDFC in this as the post earlier says they have made major changes and Sporting was fighting off relegation last season.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, but Balsa, Sporting is signing a bunch of Whitecaps you know...

Heavy sigh - Old habits die hard. :D ;)

The league does appear to have newbies and established oldies segregated doesn't it?
Was it luck of the draw or?

Interesting to see if they have in fact somewhat tiered it?

I don't agree with that actually if they did.
You're in the division, you're in the division.
Lay your bollocks on the table and go at it.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
The league does appear to have newbies and established oldies segregated doesn't it?
Was it luck of the draw or?

Interesting to see if they have in fact somewhat tiered it?

I don't agree with that actually if they did.
You're in the division, you're in the division.
Lay your bollocks on the table and go at it.

Good Call

Plus, I was looking forward to the games against the Rangers and Highlanders and now if we are only playing in our own side, we might not play them at all, other than maybe a friendly or cup game

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Whitecaps will only be effective during the regular season anyways Ranger, come Cup time they will fold. :)

I agree that all Div 1 sides should have equal shot at promotion but there is no way those groups were drawn random. If they were I would like to see the video surveillance......in super slow motion. Plus there is no way that Coach would fix the draw ;)

Joely it is good to see you back in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0