Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL D2] Results & Banter September & October 2010

Are all games this weekend on Halloween a go? I know last season they postponed our game on the night of I think we were playing the coyotes out in slurrey

that was two years ago when we were supposed to play at the cement patch when halloween actually fell on friday, but since 2008, i believe it was guru and the dewdney celtic guys that got the league to allow halloween an exception for moving games.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

n10h, good luck to you guys, gunners have a good squad, i know how it is to expect 14-15 guys n show up to the field with only 12, we've played our last 5 games with only 13 or less.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Was this a piss take? its beer league mens soccer. Expect a few cans, there not going to hurt you big baby. Im sure your one of those guys who says " hey we all have to work tomorrow" after laying out a lame tackle and afraid of getting smashed.

Be a man.

Yes, welcome to ttp :)

When someone makes a comment that is rife with sarcasm and/or ends their post with a signature or an emoticon, or sometimes it is just too plain-smack-in-the-face "pisstake" it usually is a pisstake.

~If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck....:wa:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

as a serious comment on the subject, I wouldn't be surprised at all by a fine or a points deduction. Rules are rules, and if a referee was feeling aggrieved about something (Like being called down all game) he is likely to inform the league in his write-up about things like alcohol consumption, improper kit, lack of corner flags, etc etc etc...

Ask Westcoast and others whose teams have been affected through fines, suspensions, etc.

As far as "Being a Man" I'm not sure who you are and who you play for... ;)

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

as a serious comment on the subject, I wouldn't be surprised at all by a fine or a points deduction. Rules are rules, and if a referee was feeling aggrieved about something (Like being called down all game) he is likely to inform the league in his write-up about things like alcohol consumption, improper kit, lack of corner flags, etc etc etc...

Ask Westcoast and others whose teams have been affected through fines, suspensions, etc.

As far as "Being a Man" I'm not sure who you are and who you play for... ;)

Let it go guy. Why are you trying to be so involved. It's our team that getting ****ed around. If you think that points should be deducted because a supporter had a beer then you need help.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Where did he say that he wanted points taken away? He said he wouldn't be surprised. Fcuk me you guys are dense. The league has to take a stance at the risk of losing fields for use. I use the Knights league as an example, as I remember the city taking away one of their parks for repeated alcohol consumption complaints. Now I know this is a little different as it's a ref complaining about it, but it's along the same lines. Either way, I don't think you'll be docked points, but you would think a fine would come if the ref actually reported it.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Where did he say that he wanted points taken away? He said he wouldn't be surprised. Fcuk me you guys are dense. The league has to take a stance at the risk of losing fields for use. I use the Knights league as an example, as I remember the city taking away one of their parks for repeated alcohol consumption complaints. Now I know this is a little different as it's a ref complaining about it, but it's along the same lines. Either way, I don't think you'll be docked points, but you would think a fine would come if the ref actually reported it.

Be a man

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

See SidlelineMomSlayer ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, that's how it's done ;)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

that was two years ago when we were supposed to play at the cement patch when halloween actually fell on friday, but since 2008, i believe it was guru and the dewdney celtic guys that got the league to allow halloween an exception for moving games.

Correct... What a stooopud decision to schedule games again on this Sundae! mmmmSundae .... that year I sent out an email to all the teams (I believe there were 8 games or so that night, (16 teams) and most were over 35's with families) I copied the league on that, and asked all teams to respond as to who would be fielding a team. I think it came down to 1 or 2 games that players were willing to play ... no masters ... so the league post poned any game that wanted it... getting home after work on a Friday, then taking off right away to soccer and leaving your wife to get the kids ready for Halloween, then take them out AND dish out candy.... fcuking daft ! I'll take the no show fine every time ! Who wants to miss their kids Halloween ? !

This Sunday it just as bad ... or worse ! There are 26 games (52 teams) involved on Sunday, and only 4 games have been post poned... 2 pm starts are bad enough on this day, but there are 10 games have a 3 or later start, (3 have been post poned now) which eats right into the start of trick or treat time...

time to email you congressman ... er ....I mean your administrator . ... when you do, ask if the ID cards will be ready for 2014?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

10am 2B LUFC Clones Aldergrove Utd B James Hill Park
10am 3C NDSC Sundowners Surrey Coyotes B Pinewood School Park
10am MP Aldergrove Utd Delta Utd Jackman Park
12pm 2C North Delta SC C Abbotsford Arsenal Wade Park
12pm 3C North Delta SC 91's Bradner Redshirts Pinewood School Park
12pm M1 Fraser Valley Athletic SFC Caps Mathers Park
12pm M1 GEU Thunder Surrey Heat Hammond Park
12pm M1 Temple Utd DFC Razorbacks Tammawanis Park
12pm BC 5 SFC Rangers - 1 North Delta SC - P Newton Park #6
12pm BC 6 Fraser Valley Red Devils - 1 Poco Revolution - 1 Swennson Park
2pm 1 Guildford FC MARGA Fraser Valley Red Devils Erma Stephenson Park P-P
2pm 2A Poco Royals FC Poco Pacific Pioneer School Park
2pm 2C SFC Pegasus Impact Aldergrove Players Newton Park #6
2pm 2C Temple Utd Tigers Cloverdale Utd FC Tanamawis Park
2pm 3C Fraser Valley Athletic Cloverdale Cannons Mathers Park
2pm 3C Guildford FC Lions LUFC Rangers Lionel Courchene Park
3pm 3A Mission Athletic FC B GEU Phoenix Mission Sportsplex
4pm 2B Whalley Utd LUFC Knights Tom Binnie TURF
6pm 3A Port Moody Lions GEU Nationals Heritage Woods TURF
6pm 3B Rogue Athletic Club Surrey Strikers Hjorth TURF #1
6pm BC 8 Abbotsford Utd SC - 2C TWU Titans - 1 Mouat TURF
6pm BC 4 BC United A - 2B Port Moody Gunners - 1 Hjorth TURF #2
8:30pm MP White Rock Utd Poco Castilians FC South Surrey Ath TURF #10 P-P
8pm P Athletic Club BC A Chilliwack Mission Utd Burnaby TURF #5 P-P
8pm 1 Surrey Coyotes A White Rock Utd Tom Binnie TURF (not NAP) P-P
8pm 3B Pique FC SP Lions Cloverdale TURF #3

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

those 4 games have been postponed because teams involved have Bradner cup games on the same weekend.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

There is nothing in the FVSL rules/Constitution/discipline/yellow pages that refers to fines/suspensions/loss of point due to Alcohol ... in fact, there is no mention of alcohol at all in the Constitution or Yellow pages.

However, Alcohol consumption in a public place IS illegal. Each club and/or city is responsible for the actions and penalties for breaking the law with regards to alcohol at the park ... any penalties levied from the league are capricious and arbitrary.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

those 4 games have been postponed because teams involved have Bradner cup games on the same weekend.

Even worse ... the only reason for PP is due to another game, not Halloween...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

There is nothing in the FVSL rules/Constitution/discipline/yellow pages that refers to fines/suspensions/loss of point due to Alcohol ... in fact, there is no mention of alcohol at all in the Constitution or Yellow pages.

However, Alcohol consumption in a public place IS illegal. Each club and/or city is responsible for the actions and penalties for breaking the law with regards to alcohol at the park ... any penalties levied from the league are capricious and arbitrary.

www.fraservalleysoccer.com said:
September 10 - REMINDER to all teams to clean up after you at all scheduled FVSL game fields and changing rooms and NO ALCOHOL consumption in or around any FVSL game locations especially changing rooms. Any team reported for either of the above items will face a FINE and/or expulsion from the FVSL. - THE FVSL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
fraser valley soccer league constitution said:
4(g) The Executive has the right to:

(i) deal with violations of the laws of the game, constitution, bylaws, rules, regulations and schedules of the League;

(ii) summon any team official or player to inquire into any violation, offence, infraction, violent conduct, serious foul play, ungentlemanly or unsportsmanlike conduct, or any other action that might be against the best interest of the League or that might bring

the League or the game into disrepute; and

(iii) suspend a team, team official, or player pending a hearing or a decision by the Executive; and

(iv) in the event of any team official, or player being proven to the satisfaction of the Executive of having been guilty of any offence under the constitution, bylaws, rules, regulations and schedules of the League or any of its committees and any misconduct thereto, to suspend, fine, remove from the League, or deal with in such a manner as they think fit;

(v) order a team, team official or player to pay all expenses incurred in hearing the case.

Just sayin... however you DO get points for the correct use of the word "capricious" :wa:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sweet pre-teen Jesus lets end this debate. Games this weekend for 2B:

GEU Knights - SFC Caps Westview TURF Fri 8pm
TWU Titans Alumni - Peace Arch Nomads Sth Surrey Ath TURF #10 Sat 4.30pm
LUFC Clones - Aldergrove Utd B James Hill Park
Whalley Utd - LUFC Knights Tom Binnie TURF Sun 4pm

Knights to pick up another W, we'll beat Trinity to keep pace. Aldergrove should have it easy with the Clones, and I don't know anything about either Whalley or Langley, so it's a shot in the dark since both are bad.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't think anyone has it easy with the Clones.. last week was the first game this year that was a shite show and they drew the BK's earlier this year...

Aldergrove will have to play hard to get that one done.

Agree with the other three selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0