Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] 2012 Season - First Half

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TBL

Might you guys be interested in a mid week game if we could set it up?

I know for a fact we will be missing 6 guys for sure, so a lot of the Nomads were asking if it could be switched

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
TBL

Might you guys be interested in a mid week game if we could set it up?

I know for a fact we will be missing 6 guys for sure, so a lot of the Nomads were asking if it could be switched

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk

I asked jbl on the weekend if he could move the game , he said no. In his defense we never discussed a week game. Now my guys have made arrangements. Game will go ahead as scheduled.

cheers

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 1 - Knights 2

Hard fought game by both teams tonight. Game report was pretty simple. We went up 1-0 early. Had complete control for first 25 min. Then Knights took a questionable straight red (IMHO) for a swinging arm backhand to the face of a Nomad. think it was a harsh call. So now Knights are down to 10 men, and something must have clicked in our whole teams head saying "we got this now" and we just stopped playing. Credit to the Knights for fighting all game a man down. They got one on a breakaway before half to even the score at 1-1.

Second half was pretty even for both teams, Knights hitting a crossbar and us hitting a post. Knights got a questionable foul on the edge of the 18 yard box with 10min left and they buried it top corner. Got a piece of it, but wasnt enough. Game over. They deserved the win, they wanted it more. Hard to win when only 9 roster players show up and had to call up 3. But hey, cant be too negative because its Thanksgiving right? other committments take priority. My two cents. Maybe a bit bitter but its hard to stay positive when you lose points given the circumstances.

Congrats TBL. you got your revenge from last year. I hope we will have a full squad out for redemption when we see you out in the Ridge

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 1 - Knights 2

Hard fought game by both teams tonight. Game report was pretty simple. We went up 1-0 early. Had complete control for first 25 min. Then Knights took a questionable straight red (IMHO) for a swinging arm backhand to the face of a Nomad. think it was a harsh call. So now Knights are down to 10 men, and something must have clicked in our whole teams head saying "we got this now" and we just stopped playing. Credit to the Knights for fighting all game a man down. They got one on a breakaway before half to even the score at 1-1.

Second half was pretty even for both teams, Knights hitting a crossbar and us hitting a post. Knights got a questionable foul on the edge of the 18 yard box with 10min left and they buried it top corner. Got a piece of it, but wasnt enough. Game over. They deserved the win, they wanted it more. Hard to win when only 9 roster players show up and had to call up 3. But hey, cant be too negative because its Thanksgiving right? other committments take priority. My two cents. Maybe a bit bitter but its hard to stay positive when you lose points given the circumstances.

Congrats TBL. you got your revenge from last year. I hope we will have a full squad out for redemption when we see you out in the Ridge

Ya not much else to say. You got it right. Close game the whole way through, either team could have scored 3 or 4 in the last 20.

Hopefully you have a full squad when you come out our way. If were lucky we can play you with 11 for once.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya 3 games vs each other now and 4 reds total i think? but not even that rough or dirty of games. Just heated hard fought football.

Wish you the best of luck vs. Inter next week.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if this has been answered somewhere else, but anyone know what cup div 2 competes for? Pak or President?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if this has been answered somewhere else, but anyone know what cup div 2 competes for? Pak or President?
I was told after our provinicial final last year by Thomas that division 2 will compete in the pres cup and enter the b provinicials,, and i don't think anything has changed since then. Also heard the Brander cup will be taking place after the season too, not sure if that's true, and also weather or not there will be 6 prem teams and not just the bottom two in it this year?

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coyotes 3- Stolo 1
First half saw a number of good chances by both teams. Our GK made 2-3 nice saves to keep it scoreless and we missed about 5-6 clear chances, until finally scoring about 35 mins in. Second half we came out and got 2 quick goals (within 5 mins). The first was bobbled by the keep and bounced in, the second was a rocket just under the bar (all goals by T.O., by the way). This took the life out of Stolo for most of the half, and we had many chances to score a few more, including headers within the 6 but failed to get another one. Like JJ said, we should have had the clean sheet, but I gifted Stolo their only goal without about 15 to play by giving away the ball on our goal line, right near the 6 and their striker just walked in and slotted it. My bad.......
This gave Stolo some life and they pressed hard looking for another, but never got it.
Stolo played hard, with only one questionable tackle, nothing dirty, just hard for every 50/50 tackle. If they picked up 3-4 guys, they would be a top-5 div 2 team, they just need some more depth.
On to Young Guns this Friday, should be a good one........

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 2 - 0 BC Utd.

One word to describe this game. UGLY. Play like we did today and it will be a long day for us next week vs. Inter. Hope we got that out of our system. only the 2nd game of the season we actually had a decent turnout. I will let others describe the game.

On a bright note. Referee was excellent I thought

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coyotes 3- Stolo 1
First half saw a number of good chances by both teams. Our GK made 2-3 nice saves to keep it scoreless and we missed about 5-6 clear chances, until finally scoring about 35 mins in. Second half we came out and got 2 quick goals (within 5 mins). The first was bobbled by the keep and bounced in, the second was a rocket just under the bar (all goals by T.O., by the way). This took the life out of Stolo for most of the half, and we had many chances to score a few more, including headers within the 6 but failed to get another one. Like JJ said, we should have had the clean sheet, but I gifted Stolo their only goal without about 15 to play by giving away the ball on our goal line, right near the 6 and their striker just walked in and slotted it. My bad.......
This gave Stolo some life and they pressed hard looking for another, but never got it.
Stolo played hard, with only one questionable tackle, nothing dirty, just hard for every 50/50 tackle. If they picked up 3-4 guys, they would be a top-5 div 2 team, they just need some more depth.
On to Young Guns this Friday, should be a good one........

he must be closing in on 20 goals ....jesus

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 2 - 0 BC Utd.

One word to describe this game. UGLY. On a bright note. Referee was excellent I thought

Our appologies for the "id" problems, HB10 forgot his folder with the team list and all their ID's. The ref was awesome for allowing us to play the game untill HB10 drove to Coq. and back.

The French Ref was outstanding...had control of the game the entire time. He actually came over to the sideline and asked me not to raise my flag everytime you were offside:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0