Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2]2012/13 MOTW Week 6

What's your Week 6 MOTW

• Temple @ Aldergrove (Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Highlanders @ Abby (Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week is a no brainer, hardly worth even posting a poll unless there's only 2 options... It's going to be either Dynamo Stolo for first place or Yotes v Blues... However having this weekly thread is great for the banter and discussing the results.

I'm going Yotes v Blues... based on skill and pace this will likely be a better game, wish I could watch it.

Celtic over Knights
Dynamo over Stolo
Aldergrove over Temple for their first win (although a tie looks inevitable)
Blues to tie Yotes in my MOTW
Highlanders over Abby Sunday at 8pm (at least Stolo plays early enough in the day that I won't have to be pouring myself into bed at midnight... :( )

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough match since I'll be in San Fran and have to miss it. No idea how the guys will be able to cope without me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic vs Knights is my MOTW, because you can never go wrong in the local derby. TSN and Sportsnet both are covering the game as well as local tv and news. Should be a good crowd out for this one. Dynamo vs Stolo should be a cracker, IMO I thought Stolo was a more dangerous team, and im taking them 2-1. temple vs grove will hand grove their first W maybe 2-1. Blue and Yotes, I have never seen the Blues play but have heard nothing but good things. The Yotes play great footy, and have a lot of talent but they collapse on each other as soon as they get down or the other team gets physical. Blues 3-2. Maybe they will have a full line up this time;) Highlander will take abby 2-1.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even Outkast will be at our game and they have re scheduled. No one cares about the two top premier teams and the young up in coming talent going at it, they want to see the alumni and legends of GEU/NFS/WCAGFC, the pioneers who built this club, clash in a battle of epic proportions. Craig Forrest has been tweeting about this all week. If you can't get the ppv due to high demand, let me know I may be able to get some last minute tickets for you.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even Outkast will be at our game and they have re scheduled. No one cares about the two top premier teams and the young up in coming talent going at it, they want to see the alumni and legends of GEU/NFS/WCAGFC, the pioneers who built this club, clash in a battle of epic proportions. Craig Forrest has been tweeting about this all week. If you can't get the ppv due to high demand, let me know I may be able to get some last minute tickets for you.

Is Forrest bringing the game ball?

:football:

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta go with the derby as well...like it when clubmates slug it out! I predict 0-0 with 6 injuries.

Stolo will be tough for us (Dynamo) again, we were not very good Monday, as a defender who watched the goalies punt two bounce the ball into the net for the first goal , I'll be much better and will be ready. That little goalie can sure boot it!

Highlanders will beat Abby because Stallion won't be there. 4-3.

Port Moody should win but I think the Coyotes are smarting after two losses...2-1 Yotes

Temple to beat Aldergrove 1-0

wc.Celtic

Oct 8, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
First post on the site for me.
Been a solid year so far.

Should be a good match against the Knights Friday night. Hope i don't get killed out there.
I have to go with Stolo over Langley 2-0. Stolo's solid D won't let Dynamo make much happen.
Temple and Aldergrove won't be able to decide who wants to go down to div3 quite yet so I'll call a 1-1 tie.
Blues will frustrate Yotes but I have a feeling this one could end up as a tie as well. let's go with 2-2 because both have solid strikers.
Highlanders will push Abby around (as I've heard theyre pretty young) and take them 2-1.

Cheers

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-1 celtic over knights. Ill let cascade give the review
Not to much to really review tonight. The game was as ugly as the weather, lots of physical play. The ref had asbolutely no control of anything and made shocking calls for both teams, it was one of the worst displays of officiating I have seen in ages. We went up 2-0 in the first. They got one back about 15 into the second then we scored 2 rapidly to put it away. We scored some really nice goals tonight and I hope it continues against a fast improving highlanders team come saturday. Glad to get the 3 points.

Sharpshooter

Nov 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to much to really review tonight. The game was as ugly as the weather, lots of physical play. The ref had asbolutely no control of anything and made shocking calls for both teams, it was one of the worst displays of officiating I have seen in ages. We went up 2-0 in the first. They got one back about 15 into the second then we scored 2 rapidly to put it away. We scored some really nice goals tonight and I hope it continues against a fast improving highlanders team come saturday. Glad to get the 3 points.
Hear one of those nice goals was yours. Couldn't let me stay ahead in the goals race for too long could you ;)
Nice to see you boys get the win, hated to miss the local derby, but I also hear it saved me some bruises.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It really sounds like the officiating in the FVSL from top to bottom is doing CONCACAF reffing proud eh? (reference: Olivier Occean)

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hear one of those nice goals was yours. Couldn't let me stay ahead in the goals race for too long could you ;)
Nice to see you boys get the win, hated to miss the local derby, but I also hear it saved me some bruises.

Cascade's goal was a beautiful free kick. Absolutely froze the goalie. And the rest of the goals were a thing of beauty.
Knights are still an amazing physical/bodychecking team. They still make any player receiving the ball, to think twice if they even want the ball lol.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The knights and their linebackers / hockey players have no business in this league where we are playing for fun and all have to work the next Monday. Playing 11 water buffaloes that have zero interest in playing the ball is not anyone's idea of fun.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The knights and their linebackers / hockey players have no business in this league where we are playing for fun and all have to work the next Monday. Playing 11 water buffaloes that have zero interest in playing the ball is not anyone's idea of fun.

hahahaha maybe its time for the nomads to join a ladies league

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 1-highlanders 1.
Both teams played the weather tonight. Greasy is the best word to describe it.
They had the bulk of the traffic in the first half as we fought the ball rain and wind and they got lucky with an og gift on a miscue clearing a corner kick.
Second half was a different story. We score on a free kick rip and they essentially hung on and time wasted. They had a few nice chances in the second half but it was mostly on the counter with the wind.
You only get so many nights a year with weather like that so I guess I'm glad to say we got one out of the way already and we salvaged a point in Abby on a Sunday night.
We'll take it. :/

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coyotes 0 - 2 Pomo blues ... Should be called reds but they can sure play except when they're whining to the ref after every call. didn't help we were missing some key players on to temple next sun hopefully one of the two struggling sfc teams get out of their current poor form..

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 1 - Stolo 1

Tale of two halves really, Stolo scored early in the 1st half and we scored late in the 2nd. Fair result for both teams probably, both teams got a little mouthy by the end of the match, probably a biproduct of playing twice in a week. Not normally our style (or theirs from what I remember).

They are a good defensive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0