Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2]2012/13 MOTW Week 2

D2 Week 2 MOTW?

• CFC Highlanders @ LFC Dynamo (Sat)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Knights @ Aldergrove Players (Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celtic @ Stolo (Sun)

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Yotes @ MFU (Sun)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • PoMo Blues @ Temple (Sun)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, no one can complain coming to Chilliwack. We have to make the reverse every 2nd weekend. (I don't play for Sto:Lo).

Unless driving from west of Port Mann it's never more than 1 hour drive to Chilliwack. 1.5 if from White Rock.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't normally bitch on here but **** the Dynamo. When you play a team that's short guys , and takes a bull shite red card 5 minutes in (with said player laughing as he got up after tripping over himself) and you play your starters for 90 ****ing minutes! When it hits 5-0 and it's pretty clear that we don't have subs to run with you, and you have a bench of 7 or 8, put them the **** in. Im glad our team at least has the class to not try and hammer you guys, as we were well aware of that bullshit you kept coming with. Luckily they kept me calm, as I was disgusted that they were pushing to score as much as possible at that point and I wanted to send any type of message. Enjoy your slaughter, it won't be anywhere near as fun the next time we play, mark my words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't normally bitch on here but **** the Dynamo. When you play a team that's short guys , and takes a bull shite red card 5 minutes in (with said player laughing as he got up after tripping over himself) and you play your starters for 90 ****ing minutes! When it hits 5-0 and it's pretty clear that we don't have subs to run with you, and you have a bench of 7 or 8, put them the **** in. Im glad our team at least has the class to not try and hammer you guys, as we were well aware of that bullshit you kept coming with. Luckily they kept me calm, as I was disgusted that they were pushing to score as much as possible at that point and I wanted to send any type of message. Enjoy your slaughter, it won't be anywhere near as fun the next time we play, mark my words.

Not really the Dynamo's fault you guys didn't bring enough guys. I don't blame them, it's frustrating playing a team short of guys, and after all goal difference plays its part sometimes.

Or is this just sarcasm for the 2nd week running?

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couple quick points,

I (coach) am away in Vegas so our premier coach ran the bench.

Last I checked we re-aligned the league to make d1 and d2 more competitive so if you show up with a b-roster or short guys you should expect to get thumped.

The coaches post game report I got indicated that all bench players played significant minutes, in fact It appears only one of my three strikers was even dressed!

Finally, as far as running up the score, you can blame the league for adding a goal scoring title!

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few observations about yesterday.....

The Dynamo and Nomads have had a pretty good rivalry for many a year steming from the days when the Nomads were in Langley, all the games have usually been super super close so this is for sure a one off.

I would call it a perfect storm for the Dynamo, first of all I felt really sorry for your keeeper, without HouseArrest the Nomads were much weaker, the back-up you had a tough tough game, honestly a few balls that were almost pass backs were going by him. The red card was a real tough call, our guy was brought down in the box on a clear break-away, perhaps a PK would have sufficed but by the letter of the law the ref made the right call.

We were short guys as well but were lucky to pull up some U-21 kids, lots of regulars sat but with the premier coach running the bunch, these kids wanted to impress the coach and were playing hard.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The nomads are no more. This isn't the nomads. This is Cfc Highlanders. The Nomads are dead as a group once last year ended.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 0-0 Stolo, they play hard and move the ball around really well. Little lippy on the bench, but if they can keep their team together, they should finish top 5. Great battle today onto Dynamo next sat at home.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby MF 1 - 4 Coyotes... Both teams played evenly well to start and then one of our new young kids unleashed a screamer from about 30 to put us ahead before half, we came out of the half flying and put in 2 more in about 15 and put the game away. Got another nice goal from another one of my new kids and they came back n scored a quick cheeky free kick as our goalie (defender) was trying to set up a wall. Good game. They had 5-6 kids on youth permits. Definitely got the speed just need to get a little stronger. On to the knights next week. Fri night at 7 in maple ridge.... FML....

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as 11-1 with the nomads or highlanders goes .... I suggest this be a good time to sign some more 'committed' guys and or get some help from the Prem team or it may be a long, long season for you guys...

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I played for the dynamo for a long time and we never scored more than 6 I think. Your group, this past weekend, must have been the worst squad dynamo have ever played against. Unlucky, better luck next time:)

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights beat aldergrove 2-1 with 9 guys

aldergrove should have won 10-2 but I dont think their strikers have ever played before. 3 missiles over the bar , back fence, from the 6 yard line.

Its too bad suburbanator was in Vegas for the Elton John show, I was looking forward to his take on the highlanders bodies and diet plans for them.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights beat aldergrove 2-1 with 9 guys

aldergrove should have won 10-2 but I dont think their strikers have ever played before. 3 missiles over the bar , back fence, from the 6 yard line.

Its too bad suburbanator was in Vegas for the Elton John show, I was looking forward to his take on the highlanders bodies and diet plans for them.

Guess the quality of div2 is actually lower this year.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just so everyone is clear, and in no way an attempt to throw my current teammates under the bus... this CFC Highlanders is not the Nomads. We only have 4 guys from the Nomads left here. Some went Prem and D1, others went MIA or Masters. We've merged with another group and there is more than a bit of chemisty needing to be developed and some bad run of luck with guys not being able to make the first two games.

Either we really suck bad or are the best sandbaggers ever. Jury is still out in my books, let's see if we can put it together for week 3.

0cho

Mar 3, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money

I LOVE this comment.

You had 2 subs... the card was last man back and a blatant foul be cause he got burned ( it was 15 minutes in btw) and i didn't get up laughing i got up furious and said that should be a yellow at least. So before you chirp, lets get those facts straight.

As for starters, we had 3 call up players out to help and 6 subs that rotated in throughout the whole game. There were 3 players that played a full game and The first half we had Jonesy in net...

I give your team credit as well, Nomads kept it clean, Dynamo kept it clean all good man. Sometimes you have to take your lumps, its happened to us.

Obviously its not going to be the same next time so we will enjoy our win for the moment and move on, i suggest you guys do the same because i know you guys are a lot better than you showed.

Consider this us not wasting our day when you guys couldn't get enough guys out. We used it as practice burying the ball ( which is a dynamo fault at times)

(sorry, HIGHLANDERS not NOMADS****)
-0cho

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few observations about yesterday.....

The Dynamo and Nomads have had a pretty good rivalry for many a year steming from the days when the Nomads were in Langley, all the games have usually been super super close so this is for sure a one off.

I would call it a perfect storm for the Dynamo, first of all I felt really sorry for your keeeper, without HouseArrest the Nomads were much weaker, the back-up you had a tough tough game, honestly a few balls that were almost pass backs were going by him. The red card was a real tough call, our guy was brought down in the box on a clear break-away, perhaps a PK would have sufficed but by the letter of the law the ref made the right call.

We were short guys as well but were lucky to pull up some U-21 kids, lots of regulars sat but with the premier coach running the bunch, these kids wanted to impress the coach and were playing hard.

I'll be back in a weeks time. Don't worry Johnny. I will right the Highlander ship when I return ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0