Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Predictions & Banter - September 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
as for officiating if you guys have had better reffing you are spoiled cause that was one of the better officiating i have seen epically giving you a card for talking back to him :knvb:

I got a card? I knew he warned me when I asked if I can't go into a tackle and use my shoulder, and he calls us when we use our feet, how am I supposed to tackle someone? I can't remember what he said but it didn't make sense, but I don't remember seeing a card. And yes, next year :D

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razorbacks 4 Langley Athletic 0

#22 with another 3 goals. Took us about 20 minutes to find our legs, and Langley could have been up a couple, but kept missing the net. Langley sure looks different from last year. Much younger. The keeper has to learn that when you are down 2-0, you really shouldn't be yapping at the other team. That will just fire our guys up. Our guys got a little yappy from the sidelines, but we still remember last year when Langley beat us and were pretty yappy from their bench. I guess it was a bit of pay back. That's why there should be 10 teams in div 1 and you get another crack at everyone. I bet half the Langley guys weren't there last year, so had no clue as to why our guys were yapping at them so much. They took it though. Classy bunch to put up with our crap and not have the game get nasty.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 2-0 over Sentinel. Dobby set piece from 20 ... Top left corner on a straight shot from the dead ball. Valcamp with the second to seal the deal. Sentinel young fit fast yadda yadda NEXT!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razorbacks 4 Langley Athletic 0

#22 with another 3 goals. Took us about 20 minutes to find our legs, and Langley could have been up a couple, but kept missing the net. Langley sure looks different from last year. Much younger. The keeper has to learn that when you are down 2-0, you really shouldn't be yapping at the other team. That will just fire our guys up. Our guys got a little yappy from the sidelines, but we still remember last year when Langley beat us and were pretty yappy from their bench. I guess it was a bit of pay back. That's why there should be 10 teams in div 1 and you get another crack at everyone. I bet half the Langley guys weren't there last year, so had no clue as to why our guys were yapping at them so much. They took it though. Classy bunch to put up with our crap and not have the game get nasty.

No doubt...payback is always a bitch.

For most games this season they won't be left w/ out some vet help to come down from masters. We did explain the Wade containment plan to them (mark him like glue, kick him 10+ times), but I guess the kids didn't take us seriously. They are too used to u-18 Metro, where you can mark space, and rely on a system. What Wade doesn't get credit for ever is that he is a big, strong body. He has explosiveness and is very difficult to contain, even if he can't do it for 90 minutes anymore.

Well done DFC. Athletics- tough opener, but you will get better.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They actually did a good job of containing him for the most part. He got away 3 times, and each time it was a goal. I think once the Athletics play more together, they will be a solid squad. There is some talented players there. They were just a bit disorganized at times. They seemed to break down in the final 3rd of the field. Most of their chances were from 20-30yds out. You're not going to score from out there very often.

predator

Jan 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
what was the final score of the PASelects and ALdergrove game??

left with the score 3-3 5 min into the 2nd half after aldergrove put two away quickly

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
what was the final score of the PASelects and ALdergrove game??

left with the score 3-3 5 min into the 2nd half after aldergrove put two away quickly

#3 1
Peace Arch Selects
5-3
Aldergrove Utd

Sth Surrey TURF #9
Sat 6.30pm

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 Rangers.
We played our worst half of soccer in years......brutal and sentinal did nothing. If they actually tried to win the ball first, maybe they could have made us pay. Most of the time they were hitting us first then trying to bring the ball down.....strange really. Young, fast, strong.......but need to play soccer first, then hit guys after lol. We played better in second, still not a great half for either team. Game done, rather boring game overall.:confused:

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol, well its simple really, you guys buried your 2 chances, I don't even recall you guys having any good chances besides those 2, and to your credit you guys capitalized.. we had no finish, seems to be our theme this season, you would have to agree we had more chances, nothing of real quality, but some we could have finished, but instead missed wide, definantly didn't give your goalie any grief, good squad you guys got, your sweep olayed well. Your defenders play good bump and grind, obviously have to with there size and speed, and I loved holding hands with your right mid and right back all game.

Good game otherwise, to bad we don't get to meet again this year.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol, well its simple really, you guys buried your 2 chances, I don't even recall you guys having any good chances besides those 2, and to your credit you guys capitalized.. we had no finish, seems to be our theme this season, you would have to agree we had more chances, nothing of real quality, but some we could have finished, but instead missed wide, definantly didn't give your goalie any grief, good squad you guys got, your sweep olayed well. Your defenders play good bump and grind, obviously have to with there size and speed, and I loved holding hands with your right mid and right back all game.

Good game otherwise, to bad we don't get to meet again this year.

Good luck the rest of the way.

we do what we have to do to win :D......you guys actually looked quite cute!
Take it as a complement, you scored on us in summer a few times and we felt you were the main threat. Guess what, it worked!:)

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trinity Western U 2 Poco 0

Dreadful game for us, but after all the talk about the rubbish reffing, we were very lucky...one of the most easy going games we've seen in ages. Not the most quality of soccer, but was fun none the less. We were barely 11 men, had our other keeper playing up front, and he was replaced at half by a masters player. We missed defending on a set piece for the first of their goals (header)...and the other was a nice turn and shoot into the corner from 12 yards out. Two games now without our full squad, and hopefully that will change, as there is a threat always when the right people are in the right places....subs help as well.

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets be honest, Game was a lot more one sided then the score suggests. Gunners should have been up by 4 in the first half alone, but I was nice enough to keep you in the game settling that through ball to your striker to pot one.

Pretty sick finish on the header in extra time though.

yea that was a sick header by your 7feet tall guy haha and good work on your guy on the flank to get the ball in... I wasn't there in the first half but in the second half you had a lot of pressure but only 2 quality chances

gg pomo

lostmytouch

Dec 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pred,
We managed to get a couple more about 30 minutes into the second half and one in the last 5 minutes. Not a well played game by us. Up 3-1 at halftime then go to sleep in the second half and let them score 2 goals in the first 5 minutes. Managed to hold on and get our crap together and win. Aldergrove has some good strikers but their defence is a little shocking.

We need to play better if we want to do any damage this year.

Dude Jr.

Sep 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
No doubt...payback is always a bitch.

For most games this season they won't be left w/ out some vet help to come down from masters. We did explain the Wade containment plan to them (mark him like glue, kick him 10+ times), but I guess the kids didn't take us seriously. They are too used to u-18 Metro, where you can mark space, and rely on a system. What Wade doesn't get credit for ever is that he is a big, strong body. He has explosiveness and is very difficult to contain, even if he can't do it for 90 minutes anymore.

Well done DFC. Athletics- tough opener, but you will get better.

You forgot to mention that "Wade" was the fat, old man up front. It wasn't until the third goal that we realized that Wade was actually #22.

....Next time Dude, give us a more detailed scouting report, maybe include a picture or jersey number.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, so WTF?

He's the fat old guy that skinned you all for 3. He's the guy they all call "Wade".

With a name like Dude Jr., you'd better be witty and have damn nice hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0